How are the Swans doing 2021

From the ladder positions, it looks like Sydney Swans (6th) will play Greater Sydney Giants (7th) in an elimination final. First week of finals.

Date, time and location to be determined.

Only place in the top 8 that is till in play is 8th. If Essendon lose and Fremantle win, Essendon would drop out and Freo would make the finals.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Melbourne  demons won the minor premiership 

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They done good.

It was a very exciting end to the game after Dees were 44 points down at one stage. How the Cats allowed Max Gawn to take a mark in front of goal I don't know - poor defending. Anyway, he kicked the goal after the siren and the Dees won by 4 points.

Half of my immediate family barrack for the Dees including my husband who was getting text mesages and phone calls after the game. I doubt many thought they would be on top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season. So yes they 'done good'.

I have to wait until at least the Freo v Saints game is over before I know whether the Bombers have to beat the Magpies later this afternoon to make the finals.

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

It seems somehow fitting that such a deciding game between StK and Freo is being played in Tassie.

Nice to have a repeat of sirengate.

Hope it is not really a repeat. The breeze could be quite a problem - straight off the Derwent. A bit like at Williamstown. 

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

It was a very exciting end to the game after Dees were 44 points down at one stage. How the Cats allowed Max Gawn to take a mark in front of goal I don't know - poor defending. Anyway, he kicked the goal after the siren and the Dees won by 4 points.

Half of my immediate family barrack for the Dees including my husband who was getting text mesages and phone calls after the game. I doubt many thought they would be on top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season. So yes they 'done good'.

I have to wait until at least the Freo v Saints game is over before I know whether the Bombers have to beat the Magpies later this afternoon to make the finals.

Aerial ping pong is a religion south of the border, is it not?

4 hours ago, Docker123 said:

From the ladder positions, it looks like Sydney Swans (6th) will play Greater Sydney Giants (7th) in an elimination final. First week of finals.

Date, time and location to be determined.

Only place in the top 8 that is till in play is 8th. If Essendon lose and Fremantle win, Essendon would drop out and Freo would make the finals.

Offsiders guess that the Swans and GWS will play in Tasmania, a venue to be decided by the Tassie Government. Let's see if they get it right.😉

10 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Leigh

Crossing my fingers and toes that the Bombers win their way into the finals 🤞🤞🤞

ML

Thanks ML, they are in the finals as St Kilda has just beaten the Dockers by 58 points. They now aren't reliant on beating the Magpies later although I hope they have a good win and continue their good form into the finals.

Edited by possum52

WEEK ONE FINALS FIXTURE

FRIDAY, AUGUST 27

Second qualifying final
Port Adelaide v Geelong at Adelaide Oval, 7.20pm ACST

SATURDAY, AUGUST 28

Second elimination final
Sydney v GWS Giants at University of Tasmania Stadium, 3.20pm AEST Launceston

First qualifying final
Melbourne v Brisbane at Adelaide Oval, 7pm ACST

SUNDAY, AUGUST 29

First elimination final
Western Bulldogs v Essendon at University of Tasmania Stadium, 3.20pm AEST Launceston

24 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I guess there will be some interest in the elimination finals —

Will Essendon overcome their 6,200 day record?

Hopefully, if the Bulldogs don't regain their form, the Bombers can win. Quite a few Bomber fans in Tasmania, they'll pack the stadium.

Swans will be on tonight at 11 pm. I may take a nap this afternoon, so I can stay awake for the whole game!!

And, we booked a cruise--the Galapagos and Macchu Pichu.16 days. For June 2023. Hoping that covid has been beaten down by then.

Go Swans!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Swans will be on tonight at 11 pm. I may take a nap this afternoon, so I can stay awake for the whole game!!

And, we booked a cruise--the Galapagos and Macchu Pichu.16 days. For June 2023. Hoping that covid has been beaten down by then.

Go Swans!

Port were convincing  last night, hope that form continues. As for Sydney vs GWS, I hope the Swans can prevail but either way hope whoever wins gets through to the Grand final to play Port.

The Galapagos is fantastic, bring good  sturdy walking shoes that can get wet. They often have wet landings , from Zodiacs and the terrain on some islands is very rough due to all the volcanic rocks.

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Port were convincing  last night, hope that form continues. As for Sydney vs GWS, I hope the Swans can prevail but either way hope whoever wins gets through to the Grand final to play Port.

The Galapagos is fantastic, bring good  sturdy walking shoes that can get wet. They often have wet landings , from Zodiacs and the terrain on some islands is very rough due to all the volcanic rocks.

It would be good if the Swans get thru but no shame if they lose to the eventual champ 😁

Thanks for the tip on the shoe. Do we need a boot or would a good low hiking shoe be enough?

Yes,  I have read that. It seems as though most are wet or dry, with only 1 landing possibly requiring a change of shoe. We can carry hiking shoes for on land and wear some water shoes to get from the beach. Very light, water resistant and also useful on the beach. We have to do a lot more research before we go. And I doubt we will do the long/strenuous walks but we will depend on the guides to tell us. The word is they are good at assessing people's abilities.

Have you been? On Celebrity?

The main thing then is a reef shoe  and carry some hiking shoes. One of the paths was just volcanic rocks/boulders, so n it was like rock hopping about 2 hour walk.

We did a cruise with Chimu adventures, only 16 pax on board the MV Daphne.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The main thing then is a reef shoe  and carry some hiking shoes. One of the paths was just volcanic rocks/boulders, so n it was like rock hopping about 2 hour walk.

We did a cruise with Chimu adventures, only 16 pax on board the MV Daphne.

OK, thanks, great info. I'll have my backpack or maybe a camelback for water. I will try and minimize what I carry.

did you snorkel?