How are the Swans doing 2021

5 hours ago, possum52 said:

Big, big win to the Dees! Melbourne19.11.125  defeated Geelong 6.6.42. A very excited husband at our house! 

So happy to read this. The game was on (at 3:30 am) but I slept thru it. Game is on tonight too, but same problem.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Western bulldogs thrashed Port 116 to 45, they started fast and kept it going, Port never in the contest.

Was I the only one surprised by this? I watched the last few minutes of the 1st half and all the 2nd. Port looked very disorganized. But, I'm glad the underdogs will be in the GF.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Was I the only one surprised by this? I watched the last few minutes of the 1st half and all the 2nd. Port looked very disorganized. But, I'm glad the underdogs will be in the GF.

Go Dees!

I picked the Doggies, but not the Demons. I am hoping for a tight Grand Final, and not a one-sided game.

image.jpeg.2f0313d39d7086a401935b210b18400e.jpeg

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

I picked the Doggies, but not the Demons. I am hoping for a tight Grand Final, and not a one-sided game.

image.jpeg.2f0313d39d7086a401935b210b18400e.jpeg

I remember that! Doggies looked great but I am going with the sentimental fav. Close game would be perfect.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Demon supporting family members are very excited about the GF tomorrow evening. Our frint fence has even been graffitied (by our son). Daughter sent some red and blue balloons for DH and to granddaughters. 

God Dees!

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

Yawn, when does the cricket season start?  AFL is like a religion down south. I will have to cheer for Melbourne as the Swans are not in it.  Excuse my ignorance but where are the Western Bulldogs from? Only Bulldogs Football team I know are Canterbury Bankstown, lol.

th.jpg.2932cc9b4e9f06d16151d207d369ccff.jpg

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, possum52 said:

My Demon supporting family members are very excited about the GF tomorrow evening. Our frint fence has even been graffitied (by our son). Daughter sent some red and blue balloons for DH and to granddaughters. 

God Dees!

Loved the pixs, great job decorating.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

The GF has been shown here the past few years. I went looking for it so I could set the TV to autotune and I couldn't find it. I was having a tough time believing it wouldn't be on when I realized I was searching on the wrong day. Duh. Found it when I went to the correct day, all set up. Now, I'll have to set an alarm so I can get up to watch.

Hope it's a ripper game!! Rooting for the Dees, they deserve a win.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

The GF has been shown here the past few years. I went looking for it so I could set the TV to autotune and I couldn't find it. I was having a tough time believing it wouldn't be on when I realized I was searching on the wrong day. Duh. Found it when I went to the correct day, all set up. Now, I'll have to set an alarm so I can get up to watch.

Hope it's a ripper game!! Rooting for the Dees, they deserve a win.

Are you able to record the GF and watch at a more suitable time ML?

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

Are you able to record the GF and watch at a more suitable time ML?

No, we don't have a TV connected DVR. I know, we are very old school! It will be fine, I usually wake up around 3:30 anyway, I'll just try and stay awake for a couple of hours, then go back to sleep. 

Hope it's a good game, otherwise, I might fall asleep!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They are from Melbourne  as well, Footscray area

The Western Bulldogs were originally just called Footscray which is an inner western suburb and their mascot is a bulldog. In 1996 they changed their name to Western Bulldogs. Melbourne's mascot is a demon and they get called the Dees by their fans.

Daisy the new female mascot

Meet Whitteny on her first public outing for Western Bulldogs in Ballarat |  The Courier | Ballarat, VIC

Go Dees!

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1