Make sure tips are taken off your total price

slanik

Good Afternoon,

We booked a cruise out of St. Maarten yesterday and I was sent emails on the total price for the cabin and for air fare.  When I went in today to pay the balance the numbers didn't match.  I called Celebrity and they said that the tips had been charged to our invoice.  Since it is part of the promotion it should be deducted.  I paid the balance minus the tip amount.  Just take a look as you go to pay your balance.  Make sure you are inadvertently paying for the tips since they are included in the promotions.

Yes the same thing happened to our booking. Receive booking confirmation with a certain amount. Then when I went online to check booking it was much more. Sent an email to enquire and then received a phone call to query what issue was and they realised that we had been charged too much. Fixed and all good now.

With the Celebrity system every inclusion/ perk has to show as a charge to your booking  .  Then a 2nd invoice is  processed that credits the charges for all the inclusions so when you receive the 2nd booking Confirmation  it should reflect the price you booked at.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This happened to me as well. I booked on March 25 and called to have the tips removed. 

On March 25 I paid the full balance of the cruise. 

On March 26 I got a notification that I had a remaining balance to pay.  I logged into my account and It was for $224. The exact amount of the tips.  It said it was due today and to avoid any frustration with an automatic cancelation I ended up paying the stupid thing.  🙄

This is my first cruise with X and so far dealing with the technology aspects, it has been a nightmare. 

5 hours ago, Seany527 said:

This happened to me as well. I booked on March 25 and called to have the tips removed. 

On March 25 I paid the full balance of the cruise. 

On March 26 I got a notification that I had a remaining balance to pay.  I logged into my account and It was for $224. The exact amount of the tips.  It said it was due today and to avoid any frustration with an automatic cancelation I ended up paying the stupid thing.  🙄

This is my first cruise with X and so far dealing with the technology aspects, it has been a nightmare. 

You need to call and get those charges reversed.   It's just a glitch in their IT systems.  Your gratuities are already included in the "Always Included" pricing.

10 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

This happened with my last booking.  My TA had it taken care of.

So inconsistent.  On a cruise which I made a room change on last night, received my updated guest invoice, which listed as follows:  gratuities $266.00 then -$266; wifi stream $598 then -$598.  

Edited by LGW59

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

So inconsistent.  On a cruise which I made a room change on last night, received my updated guest invoice, which listed as follows:  gratuities $266.00 then -$266; wifi stream $598 then -$598.  

That's the way these things normally show up.  The problems people are reporting occur when the negative entry doesn't appear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It usually takes 5-7 business days and it self corrects in the system.

I was told this is standard for any new bookings.

My last booking I had to call as when it auto-corrected it didn’t credit as much as was taken off.  One quick call to my vacation planner and it was immediately resolved.

Hi everyone, 

We booked a Celebrity cruise for 2022 two days ago, paid our deposit, everything confirmed. We opted for the Indulge Package. I went on to the site today and I see an additional charge of $217 was randomly added to my cruise. I went through everything and found out that gratuities were added to my booking.

First, I thought gratuities were included with the new Always Included pricing structure? Second, does anyone have experience with this happening and how to resolve it?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

• OfTheSeasCruiser changed the title to Gratuity Charge Randomly Added to Booking

Wait a few days and you should receive a 2nd booking confirmation that shows the gratuities credited.  With Celebrity it is a 2 step process.  If you don’t get tge 2nd confirmation in about a week call and request it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Wait a few days and you should receive a 2nd booking confirmation that shows the gratuities credited.  With Celebrity it is a 2 step process.  If you don’t get tge 2nd confirmation in about a week call and request it. 

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Grab a towel, don’t panic.  It’s happening to nearly all new bookings and it generally resolves itself in a short while.

Good news, thank you! We're new to Celebrity, so just a bit unfamiliar with their processes.

If you booked directly with Celebrity, they have a unique way of tabulating and itemizing in their booking. The -217 you are seeing is just something they use as "coding". In about 10 days they will back that out of the booking. The Gratuities or Always Included items should all appear like that but will all be backed out. In the box about 1/2 way down the 1st page Under Promotions Applied, you should see the benefits afforded to you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Hi everyone, 

We booked a Celebrity cruise for 2022 two days ago, paid our deposit, everything confirmed. We opted for the Indulge Package. I went on to the site today and I see an additional charge of $217 was randomly added to my cruise. I went through everything and found out that gratuities were added to my booking.

First, I thought gratuities were included with the new Always Included pricing structure? Second, does anyone have experience with this happening and how to resolve it?

We have had this problem on a couple of cruises booked but the strange thing is when they take it out it is usually less than to what they have added in, it never seems to be the same amount.  So they still want more money than original invoice.  We have had this happen on 2 cruises & it gets fixed then falls off the rails at a different amount.  I’m sure it will get fixed sooner or later.

Edited by If only

Sure would have been nice during this little lull in cruising, if they used that time to get their IT department up to speed. Unfortunately (to me), it shows how important these issues are to Celebrity.

I have images of their IT department being one person with pajamas and bunny slippers on, sitting in front of their Radio Shack computer and a black & white TV at their side as they drink Blatz beer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Sure would have been nice during this little lull in cruising, if they used that time to get their IT department up to speed. Unfortunately (to me), it shows how important these issues are to Celebrity.

I have images of their IT department being one person with pajamas and bunny slippers on, sitting in front of their Radio Shack computer and a black & white TV at their side as they drink Blatz beer.

Are you dissing my Trash-80? 😡

The gratuities issue happened to me also. I paid off the cruise, and got a confirmation of a zero balance. The next day I found the additional charge of $217.00 for gratuities added to my account, and it said that I was not paid off. I removed the charge myself online. The next day the $217.00 was back, so I called. They took it off, and I got another confirmation of zero balance. Later that day it showed my cruise was paid off, and that I had a credit of $217.00. I was going to call back the next day, and by the time I got back online to check it my account showed I had overpaid by $217.00. They said that when the gratuities came off it showed as a credit, and their computer automatically sent that amount back to my credit card as an over payment. They said they would try to stop the credit card refund, and I guess they fixed it, because today it shows that my cruise is paid off again. I can't wait to see what I find tomorrow. 🙂

It has been a real circus. After reading some of the comments if something changes again I think I wait 7-10 days to see if it fixes itself. 

Edited by larry_s_taco
Typo

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Are you dissing my Trash-80? 😡

LOL, no.

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

@Mike981 - I'm laughing @ the Blatz Beer - are you envisioning someone working in the Midwest?

A true Wisconsinite here, so I was channeling my child hood from the 70's.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mike981 said:

When we waited many many months to get a refund for cancelled cruises (with no response at all)

most said it was due to their IT department using Commodore 64 computers. Did they

recently upgrade to Radio Shack?

• Haha 2