Promising news from MIami

Nice if verifiable. We still have to comply with the Experts and continue to wear our masks when congregating together. Florida still scares me as the masses are shown not following the guidelines. Again, how safe will we be as passengers and visitors to Florida when cruising? 

• Like 2

Yep its non specific to carnival, generic thread. Lol must keep mods busy moving them out. 

We know what cdc said to CLIA, now people are excited to see yet another cdc reply. Hard for me to be hopeful cdc answer changed in a week but maybe they will actually say what they need to resume.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan58 said:

Nice if verifiable. We still have to comply with the Experts and continue to wear our masks when congregating together. Florida still scares me as the masses are shown not following the guidelines. Again, how safe will we be as passengers and visitors to Florida when cruising? 

Lol same safe as if you flew to New York. NY and NJ have the biggest spikes. People still dont get it lock downs dont work. Or numbers would show it. Use common sense, wear a mask and social distance if not vaccinated.  

I'll be going back to florida in a month, and not worried in the least.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol same safe as if you flew to New York. NY and NJ have the biggest spikes. People still dont get it lock downs dont work. Or numbers would show it. Use common sense, wear a mask and social distance if not vaccinated.  

Please let us all know what you see while you are in Florida. I am praying that what we see on TV are just incidental moments and not the State norm.   

I live in Florida and feel perfectly safe going out and about.  I don't know what you are seeing on TV, but if it is the Miami Spring Breakers, that is definitely not the norm.  We went out to dinner and shopping yesterday and everyone is wearing masks and following social distancing and acting like responsible humans.  We are headed to Daytona Beach next week to meet up with family and enjoy some Florida sunshine.  I think our uptick in cases is from all the families moving here from the northeast bringing the virus along with them!  We are both seniors (68 & 75) and are fully vaccinated and looking forward to everything getting back to normal.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, versuco said:

I live in Florida and feel perfectly safe going out and about.  I don't know what you are seeing on TV, but if it is the Miami Spring Breakers, that is definitely not the norm.  We went out to dinner and shopping yesterday and everyone is wearing masks and following social distancing and acting like responsible humans.  We are headed to Daytona Beach next week to meet up with family and enjoy some Florida sunshine.  I think our uptick in cases is from all the families moving here from the northeast bringing the virus along with them!  We are both seniors (68 & 75) and are fully vaccinated and looking forward to everything getting back to normal.

I won't be so quick to say "Normal". What will that look like if ever again? None of us know? I see a different picture of Florida where the Governor is against everything that makes safe sense. How is he adamant about getting back to Cruising (seems to be more interested in Florida revenue) but not adamant about wearing mask and the Vaccine Passport (less about citizen safety)? Is there certain proof that "Northerners" are causing the surge? Might be that people from "Everywhere Including Florida" are not following the rules as designated. Time and Actions will Tell If We Get Back to Cruising Soon.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lockdowns never truly happened here in the states. True lockdown does work, but no one here would EVER go for it. Only grocery stores and healthcare facilities open, not allowed to leave your house...THAT'S lockdown. Not indoor dining still available with empty tables and every shopping option still open.

• Like 6

CDC announces vaccinated Americans can now travel with minimal risk

CDC says it's now safe for Americans to travel at home or abroad as long as they have been vaccinated.

"

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will announce Friday that Americans who are vaccinated for COVID-19 will now be able to travel domestically and internationally, according to news reports.

The CDC will officially make the announcement during the White House Covid Briefing and will say Americans will still need to wear masks while traveling.

Americans will also not need to get a COVID-19 test, or self-quarantine prior to travel according to Politico."

So... does this push things along for those of us waiting to cruise?

Edited by balcony bound

18 minutes ago, bassmk said:

Lockdowns never truly happened here in the states. True lockdown does work, but no one here would EVER go for it. Only grocery stores and healthcare facilities open, not allowed to leave your house...THAT'S lockdown. Not indoor dining still available with empty tables and every shopping option still open.

Lol I'm in texas and they say the kids coming daily are 10% positive. Idk if these numbers get reflected in texas numbers or not. Pretty hard to say dont do this but this other is ok. I just shake my head. I want to move to florida. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I'm in texas and they say the kids coming daily are 10% positive. Idk if these numbers get reflected in texas numbers or not. Pretty hard to say dont do this but this other is ok. I just shake my head. I want to move to florida. 

They say a lot. Some say they aren't tested. Others say the kids have lower positivity than Florida. Idk.

24 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I won't be so quick to say "Normal". What will that look like if ever again? None of us know? I see a different picture of Florida where the Governor is against everything that makes safe sense. How is he adamant about getting back to Cruising (seems to be more interested in Florida revenue) but not adamant about wearing mask and the Vaccine Passport (less about citizen safety)? Is there certain proof that "Northerners" are causing the surge? Might be that people from "Everywhere Including Florida" are not following the rules as designated. Time and Actions will Tell If We Get Back to Cruising Soon.    

Again the  numbers show Florida has less of a spike that ny. I don't get why people are posting it's not ok what florida is doing, but never mention ny and nj spiking. I'm not saying one is ok or one not, just posting totally biased equals posting politics, nothing else. 

I'm in texas with no mask mandate but have yet to see a single business that doesnt require them. You are so confused still that allowing businesses to set mandate means totally open. Your posts are not factual. NY and nj have the worst spikes right now, why don't you post about not going out if ny? If it's TRUE concern.

At the doctors monday not only did we wear in masks, but their policy was to change to a new mask they handed out to see the doctor in person. Old masks arent enough lol. Masking here is crazy pushy.

• Like 2

Just now, BlerkOne said:

They say a lot. Some say they aren't tested. Others say the kids have lower positivity than Florida. Idk.

10% is NOT lower than texas. No idea where you read that. How could you believe texas is at 10% overall. Please stick to facts. Get a link to prove things that dont sound common sense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

If this is the new CDC guideline, what would be the CDC's rationale for not allowing vaccination-only cruises to depart from U.S. ports?

Having all pax vaccinated is half the battle.  The other half is getting the crew vaccinated.  That will require specific logistics, especially here in FL where online appt bookings are getting filled up super fast.  e.g. as I type this, 6 hours after the Publix bookings opened up for Mon/Tues, they are all 100% gone (except for two counties at less than 1% availability) - probably almost all gone by 9am, as is usual.

It will take some "negotiating" by CLIA and/or the cruise lines individually to get a hold of vaccines (and appropriately trained personnel capable of administering).  I'm sure (I hope?) that stuff is happening in the background, we just aren't seeing it.

Well, another bigger "half" of the battle might be finding enough foreign ports willing to take vaccinated cruisers - hopefully that is also starting to open up.

Maybe next week we can get some good news from the CDC and industry.  The CDC can claim they took reasonable precautions up until now, but things are finally looking better.  CLIA can claim the pressure they applied recently about re-starting cruising worked, and they are a very good organization for the industry.  And the local FL politicians call put their own spin on how they made it work "for the people and businesses of Florida".

We're booked for a cruise in Dec 2021, which I am now fairly sure will go as planned, but I'd gladly hop on a 3 or 4 day cruise in July/Aug/Sept/Oct as our first vacation in 18 months.

• Like 2