New promotion 60% off for second pax. US only

oddjob16

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Have you seen the UK and Europe prices?  No one will book at them.  E.g. £7000 /$9800 for an inside cabin for 2 for 10 nights 

Yes I have. If this is the "new" Azamara pricing policy they might as well pack it up for their european and australian customers. . 

What bothers me is that they actually run great promotions for the US market and expects the european customers to pay in full. Azamara always had different types of promotions in US and Europe, but at least they HAD promotions and sales for "the rest of the world". The only promotion for us now is the Quarterly Savings for a few sailings.

I will be looking at some long planned land based adventures in the next couple of years.

We will just have to keep an eye on the prices and post here if we see anything worthwhile happening.🤞

I have been watching prices on a couple of May/June 2022 cruises. One example for a 10 night Club Continent Suite has  gone from £9110 per cabin in January down to £6458 in February/March  and since the sale ended is now  back  to £9106 as from 1st April. As @Host Jazzbeau mentioned in another post there really were some decent prices knocking about.

Unfortunately the Cruise with Confidence promotion only extended to sailings  up to end of April 2022 ,so I have delayed booking whilst there is still alot of uncertainty. If they extend the CWC programme to dates further out,  I would feel happier booking even with the higher price as these can be managed better moving forward and lower prices would be honoured.

In the meantime I’ll bide my time and watch the snow softly falling here in the south of England this morning!!!

Edited by combine
  • Like 2

UK consumer rules dictate that a higher price must have been shown in the last 28 days before a price comparison can be made. i.e. was £9000, now £7000.

I`m assuming and hoping that the initial new pricing will drop at the 28 day stage in UK. Sometime around 28/4/20.

Thanks UKTOG for jogging my memory on this on a previous post

• Like 3

Out of interest, I had a look at the current pricing of one of the two (unlikely to go) cruises we have booked for later this year.

Currently advertised on the Quarterly Savings list, it is very close to DOUBLE what we paid.

AU$8,620 up to AU$15,374.

Edited by Baynanno1

On 4/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, ECCruise said:

Dunno.

All 3 of our bookings would be considerably higher with this promotion. 

The list we keep of potential future cruises saw good-sized increases in price.  We've deleted several from the list.

• Like 1

I have just checked the prices for our back to back cruises for October 2022 which I booked last month with the 30% off promotion.  One of the cruises is slightly less and one slightly more than I paid.  The only bonus I can see between the two prices is that the promotion included free WiFi.  At the end of the day, we now price cruises by the day and if we're prepared to pay that daily rate, we go ahead.  Will be gutted though if the prices significantly reduce between now and when we go (such as a 30% promotion on the current prices).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Interestingly our November cruise is still the same price as it was last week when I got the price reduced. I think that’s because it was overpriced for a repositioning cruise.

I believe we are looking at the same cruise, Dubai to Singapore on Journey.

So, I went and had another look today . . . and the price has dropped from AU$15,374 to AU$10,788, but still AU$2,168 more than we paid before lifting & shifting from 2020 to 2021.

11 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

So, I went and had another look today . . . and the price has dropped from AU$15,374 to AU$10,788, but still AU$2,168 more than we paid before lifting & shifting from 2020 to 2021.

When is a sale not a sale?  Frequently!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I was actually looking at the October 22 Athens to Dubai on Quest.

I have just had a look at the October 2021 Dubai to Singapore on Journey - and it is now £2000 more than the price we’re paying, and is about the same as the original price when we booked it onboard in November 2019 before getting a reduction just over a year ago.

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

These games aren't new and it looks like they might be here to stay, but I will see how things bed down. It's a difficult time to assess this as it's known that cruisers are desperate to get away and perhaps they feel they can charge a premium at the moment. 

Phil 

I suspect also they know some people are worried about FCCs expiring.

I can wait.....

• Like 2

Just thankful we moved our September 2021 cruise to September 2022 under the previous offer, we are paying the same price for two as the current per person price!

If these prices persist can’t see us having an opportunity to use our 3 “free” nights which were left over after moving the cruise.

14 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Just thankful we moved our September 2021 cruise to September 2022 under the previous offer, we are paying the same price for two as the current per person price!

If these prices persist can’t see us having an opportunity to use our 3 “free” nights which were left over after moving the cruise.

The balance nights as you know are priced at the high non sale prices which are what we saw at the weekend. We looked at the weekend, not paying £1000 per night for a balcony just to use three nights. 

The current prices have certainly caught my eye and so couldn’t resist booking 3 holidays, Whitby, Bournemouth and Lake District.

All came with free cancellation in case the Covid landscape changes.

Whilst happy to sit on the cruising sidelines at the moment, I’m genuinely pleased to see the gradual resumption and hope that everything falls into place for a brighter 2022 at sea.

Regards

• Like 2

We too have a booking on a cruise - the lovely Majestic Line Oban to Oban....  Now what I also love, they have fixed pricing (which currently applies through to 2023), great covid cancellation terms and when we lost last years voyage we had the money back on my card in eight days together with an email apologising for the delay as they normally aim to refund in 72 hours.  It will be lovely exploring the hidden bays of the Western Isles and if it is cancelled, we will do what we did last year, seek out some of the lovely small hotels on the West coast for a few nights of local seafood.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, uktog said:

We too have a booking on a cruise - the lovely Majestic Line Oban to Oban....  Now what I also love, they have fixed pricing (which currently applies through to 2023), great covid cancellation terms and when we lost last years voyage we had the money back on my card in eight days together with an email apologising for the delay as they normally aim to refund in 72 hours.  It will be lovely exploring the hidden bays of the Western Isles and if it is cancelled, we will do what we did last year, seek out some of the lovely small hotels on the West coast for a few nights of local seafood.

Was the Majestic Line featured in Cruising with Jane McDonald?  If so, I’d love to do that as the scenery looked fabulous.  Not sure my sea legs (or lack off) however would be suited.  Just about managed the Waverley! 😂

Back on topic, we look forward to hearing of “Onwards” 2022 itineraries and hope that the pricing for the UK market returns to a level in line with it’s offering.

Regards