How many of your cruises canceled since start of pandemic.

Thought it would be interesting to see how many cruises anyone has had canceled due to the pandemic. Can be any cruise line but since this is a Regent board should include at least one Regent Cruise. My cruise on the Mariner last Oct was canceled and rebooked for this Dec.(which by the grace of God will sail). Besides this, five other cruises were canceled on Seabourn, Celebrity, Crystal, Oceania and Windstar. 6 total. Took FCC only on Regent, all others have been refunded. I don’t think the experience will ever be the same again.

I have had 136 nights on Regent cancelled along with needing to cancel around 60 nights of hotels and lodges due to canceled pre and post-cruises including a trip to Canada.  I now have 269 nights booked on Regent and seven on American Cruise Line; hopefully start cruising in the fall.

So far we have lost a total of 9 Regent cruises - 183 days total.   These included a Singapore to Rome voyage on Mariner and the Grand Asia Exploration on Explorer.  We had intended for 2020 and 2021 to be big travel years for us.  That did not happen.  😪  I'm afraid there may be a few more cancellations  to come.

TS:  You have opened the flood gates.  

Three Regent cruises canceled.  First, and most-poignant:  March 13th last.  At Regent's San Diego hotel anticipating boarding Splendor the next day to begin a segment to Miami upon which we would celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary including a Renewal of Vows event hosted (and attended) by Regent senior Staff,  our TA and spouse, and other dear friends.  

Fear not.  We remain hitched.  And--in December, Regent's Customer Service's folks sent us that special champagne bottle we would have opened somewhere off the coast of Costa Rica during that cruise.  

Then, two more Regent cancellations (at this point) related to Explorer Tokyo-Vancouver, BC; and a  B/t/B NYC-Montreal-Montreal-Bermuda, NYC aboard Navigator.    

In addition.  Late Summer, 2020 reprise series of three UniWorld river boats in France.  This would have been close to the itinerary we initially enjoyed in 2019.  Ah, Paris!  Nope.  

No more editorial comment.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

We had 3 cruises cancel.  We were lucky to be stepping off the Splendor on March 12!  June Mariner Alaska with kids and grandkids.  October Mariner Mexico and the most painful July Voyager Norwegian fjords.  The last canceled today!  We are booked on the Splendor in September London to London.  Does anyone think that will sail??

My Regent Consultant just notified me yesterday morning that my upcoming July Mediterranean cruise aboard RSS Mariner was officially cancelled. She transferred me to the RSS Explorer in August 2022 doing Athens to Istanbul for 10 days.

She gave me the same 2020 pricing, except added an Istanbul Visa and did a price adjustment to original RegentCare insurance. It added 110$ to my final payment, now due April 2022.

So we'll see what happens.

Edited by SireDoime
Clarification

Only 3...in the scheme of things, that's not many compared to others. Next one is way far out...Nov. '22. If that isn't sailing normally by then, NCL/Regent will be in a world of hurt (and so will we be).

I try to do back to back cruises. I was scheduled to go around the Bay of Biscay and then around the British Isles in April 2020 on the Explorer and then Lima to Rio on the Voyager in February 2021.  I used the FCC  To go from Santiago to Miami in February 2022, with the permission of the governments.

Cancelled:

Regent:
July 2020 Norway 20 nights

August 2020 Amsterdam - Barcelona 12 nights

August 2020 Baltic 10 nights

July 2021 Norway 20 nights

Disney

November 2020 Panama Canal 14 nights

April 2021 Baja 4 nights

Still booked:

Regent

August 2021 Baltic 10 nights (hanging on by a thread - hoping PCARD's crystal ball is correct)

July 2022 Norway 20 nights

Disney

November 2021 Panama Canal 14 nights (also hanging on by a thread)

March 2022 Baja 5 nights

Proposed:

Regent / Scenic April 2022 TA / Portugal river cruise

NEVER GIVE UP!

Edited by 2012_Alaska_bound
updated info
  • Like 1

This really scares those of us who fear financial failure of some, or all, cruise lines. There are so many FCCs out there, and those using them in the future will add little or no new money to the lines. And with all the rolling start up delays, the cruise lines are really going to need that new money.

• Like 1

New bookings with new money are through the roof. They have a plan and are implementing it. The sky is not falling and we will all be back on board before you know it.

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

This really scares those of us who fear financial failure of some, or all, cruise lines. There are so many FCCs out there, and those using them in the future will add little or no new money to the lines. And with all the rolling start up delays, the cruise lines are really going to need that new money.

As mentioned earlier, we cancelled 6 cruises so far.  However, we took full refund on all of the cancellations -- no FCCs involved.  We have 6 new cruises booked through Apr 2023 -- all "new money".

• Like 1

3 cancelled, including the WC 2021. 4 booked, the latest being Jan 2022 to S. America & Antarctica (drive-by). This one is being financed by our cancelled Splendor cruise in July, which in turn was being financed by our cancelled AK cruise from last September...

Three cruises cancelled—July 2020 Navigator, December 2020 Navigator, April/May 2021 Explorer. Five reserved, starting with B-to-B September/October Explorer; hopeful, but won’t be surprised if this is cancelled. No FCC’s. Looking for some good news!

Edited by briar14

We had 2 cruises with Regent cancelled in 2020. The April 2020 NYC crossing on the new Splendor, in a suite, was fully paid and so we only got a FCC. On this cruise we had 3 cancellations and the FCC forwarded now to January 2022. The other Regent cruise we got our money back except that $100 each 

admin fee.

We had 1 cruise with Silverseas cancelled and fully refunded. 

We has 2 cruises with Cunard transatlantic crossing cancelled and got fully refunded. 

We now have 4 cruises booked for 2022. 2 with Regent.

We are at 10 cancelled cruise - Seabourn(8), Regent (1) and Paul Gaugaun (1) (Charter).  First was 6 hrs before departure  in Mar 2020. 1130 pm (2330) email from Seabourn that we got the morning we were departing for LAX.  Mixed bag of refunds (first one no choice), FCC and other discount but we are now at a point we fully funded a Mar 22 Seabourn and could not figure out how to use any more FCC before 2022. 

We have rolled over almost 1M in miles from cancelled/moved flights - point trips, upgrade miles ect.

We have substituted land trips to Mexico, Aruba, Maldives and Belize (mainly dive trips) hoping that our Regent Vancouver - Tokyo-Tokyo in Sep 2021 goes as planed.  

Three others on the book, Regent Cape Town- Rio - had to use up some Flying Blue miles and the price and land extension are great. Seabourn Buenos Aires to Barcelona Mar 2022 and Seabourn WC Miami to Barcelona 2023. 

Keeping our finger crossed 

Total "sea days" lost 218

• Like 1