Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

So now the two official Bermuda travel websites disagree on the testing time frame - oh bother...

Ragnar, I am not positive but I believe that the official site has never mentioned the 3 days requirement. Maybe someone else knows better- it looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.  🙃

For those (like me) who hold out hope that Bermuda will accept results of the Abbott "ID NOW" Covid test, I will report my results of that test when I received it Wednesday or Thursday. Hawaii will accept this test for entry. We are traveling to Maui on Saturday and should have no problem meeting their three-day-in-advance testing timeline, with subsequent submission of the results.

Stay tuned...

• Like 1

This page on the Go To Bermuda website ("Bermuda’s Official Travel Resource") contains this sentence: "Effective June 6, 2021: All travellers aged 10 and up must take a PCR COVID-19 test and obtain a negative result no more than three days before arrival in Bermuda. " (emphasis added), and upon arrival "If arriving on or after June 6, 2021: Present a copy of the pre-departure COVID-19 negative test result obtained no more than three days before arriving in Bermuda."

It appears that this website is not within the Bermuda Government Internet domain, https://www.gov.bm, but perhaps it is "official"?

HA, good choice for you ...

You know that Viking brought the rights to  use to use Evard Munch  paintings on their ship's big screen. I love the Munch Moments every evening from 6-6:30  in the living room with  classical music. 

If you go to one of the Bermuda cruises early, e.g., 2 or 3 days before the cruise embarks, does anyone know how you obtain the 4 day and 8 day required testing? Will Viking do it for you upon request?

11 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

If you go to one of the Bermuda cruises early, e.g., 2 or 3 days before the cruise embarks, does anyone know how you obtain the 4 day and 8 day required testing? Will Viking do it for you upon request?

We are on the first one and just waiting to see how Viking is going to handle it ??

Thank you everyone who has been keeping an eye on this for the rest of us. I appreciate the updates! We are on the June 22nd sailing. My fingers are crossed, as my husband has a very limited window of time that he will be able to get away this summer. I want so much for these cruises to happen....

By the way, I tried to look at our booking on My Trip this morning and it showed “locked for updates”. I hope this is a normal occurrence and not a reason for concern. 

Edited by CatefromNH

7 minutes ago, CatefromNH said:

Thank you everyone who has been keeping an eye on this for the rest of us. I appreciate the updates! We are on the June 22nd sailing. My fingers are crossed, as my husband has a very limited window of time that he will be able to get away this summer. I want so much for these cruises to happen....

By the way, I tried to look at our booking on My Trip this morning and it showed “locked for updates”. I hope this is a normal occurrence and not a reason for concern. 

My SIL was waiting for an update on her air and got it this morning, so they are definitely working on things. We are on the 15th sailing 

5 hours ago, CatefromNH said:

Mine was locked this morning but is back in operation.

Looks like Bermuda is offering passengers from Viking Cruises and Royal Caribbean extended stays at certain hotels on the island.

Bermuda welcomes passengers of Viking Ocean Cruises and Royal Caribbean International to extend their vacation – and save up to 30% on a hotel stay* in Bermuda. Visitors staying on island before or after their cruise can enjoy special rates from these idyllic hotels and resorts.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/promotion/sea-more-stay-cruise-hotel-offers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sapphire_07 said:

Looks like Bermuda is offering passengers from Viking Cruises and Royal Caribbean extended stays at certain hotels on the island.

Bermuda welcomes passengers of Viking Ocean Cruises and Royal Caribbean International to extend their vacation – and save up to 30% on a hotel stay* in Bermuda. Visitors staying on island before or after their cruise can enjoy special rates from these idyllic hotels and resorts.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/promotion/sea-more-stay-cruise-hotel-offers

Same prices I saw a couple of weeks ago on the hotels’ websites, Trip Advisor, etc..

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

One note of caution on Bermuda hotels.  Due to covid restrictions some amenities are closed or limited, so be sure to check with the hotel to see if the amenities that most interest you will actually be available during your stay.

That is excellent advice, Ragnar. I tried to find a place for a 3-day pre-cruise and ran into "our restaurant is closed, but there is a resort next door with fine restaurants" - and that one was totally closed. I chased that for a week and gave up.

Was chatting with a crew member on Orion tonight that embarked in Bodrum. The ship is presently bound for Gibraltar, then Bermuda. They are just completing quarantine, having been in the cabin continuously since boarding. Hoping to get COVID vaccine onboard.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Was chatting with a crew member on Orion tonight that embarked in Bodrum. The ship is presently bound for Gibraltar, then Bermuda. They are just completing quarantine, having been in the cabin continuously since boarding. Hoping to get COVID vaccine onboard.

Port Canaveral is vaccinating mariners, perhaps Orion could swing by there    on the way to Bermuda.  Might be able to get at least the J&J shot.