Volcano eruption in Caribbean

HamOp

The La Soufrière volcano on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent erupted Friday after authorities ordered the mandatory emergency evacuations of thousands.

Two Royal Caribbean cruise ships and two Carnival cruise ships are expected to arrive by Friday, and emergency management teams have been providing transportation to safer locations, including predetermined shelters.

Full Story Here  https://www.foxnews.com/world/volcano-eruption-in-caribbean-prompts-mass-evacuation-during-popular-vacation-week

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HamOp said:

The La Soufrière volcano on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent erupted Friday after authorities ordered the mandatory emergency evacuations of thousands.

Two Royal Caribbean cruise ships and two Carnival cruise ships are expected to arrive by Friday, and emergency management teams have been providing transportation to safer locations, including predetermined shelters.

Full Story Here  https://www.foxnews.com/world/volcano-eruption-in-caribbean-prompts-mass-evacuation-during-popular-vacation-week

Thank you for this update. Much appreciated.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

I read a report this morning that the ships are only allowing vaccinated people onboard.  I surely hope that's not true in such a crisis.

I read that was the rule imposed by the Prime Minister - not the cruise lines.  I'm assuming the islands the ships are evacuating people to don't want to risk covid outbreaks, so the nonvaccinated will be sheltered on St Vincent and the vaccinated have 5 other islands for shelter.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 4

Latest news from John Heald:

Hello everybody, I wanted to give you an update on the situation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Government officials in St. Vincent have advised Carnival there is no immediate need for an evacuation of local residents. In consultation with the government, Carnival will be moving Legend and Paradise from the area, but we stand ready to assist should the circumstances change. We ask our employees, guests and partners to continue to keep St. Vincent in their thoughts.
Thank you all so much
John. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1