Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

11 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Dare I say it.  Shore ex are up.  I just booked ours.  We are on the June 26 cruise in PV1.  So dont know whether everyone can book yet.  But I paid, and it shows in my calendar!!!

Is there any kind of a list that you could post that shows the prices?  Am trying to be ready for when the July 20th shore excursions come out.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Just now, cfgrandma said:

Is there any kind of a list that you could post that shows the prices?  Am trying to be ready for when the July 20th shore excursions come out.

Thanks,

Carolyn

I will try to post six screen shots.  

57 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

All of those are optional with a cost. I don’t see any included tours on MVJ (or on the screenshots). 

Clay, I hear ya.

Day 4 -- Panoramic Akureyri listed on the website but does not appear on MVJ

Day 5 -- no included tour listed on the website or MVJ

I agree with what you are seeing. Two ports do show no included tour for that day. It is possible that they are still negotiating and these will appear later but that is just thinking out-loud.

Can only suggest a note to TellUs.

Other things to note re shorex. Someone was told and then shared here on CC that when the shorex opened that 1) Viking would notify us and that 2) booking would still be by cabin category. Neither of these two bits of information turned out to be true. Therefore, just to be clear:

Shorex booking for those of us whose "booking opens" date has already passed was first come, first served.

13 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Clay, I hear ya.

I agree with what you are seeing. Two ports do show no included tour for that day. It is possible that they are still negotiating and these will appear later but that is just thinking out-loud.

Other things to note re shorex. Someone was told and then shared here on CC that when the shorex opened that 1) Viking would notify us and that 2) booking would still be by cabin category. Neither of these two bits of information turned out to be true. Therefore, just to be clear:

Shorex booking for those of us whose "booking opens" date has already passed was first come, first served.

Yes, I heard that too.  Lots of "half info" coming from the Viking info center.  Obviously having a problem getting full info out.

20 minutes ago, eldercruser1 said:

Yes, I heard that too.  Lots of "half info" coming from the Viking info center.  Obviously having a problem getting full info out.

Do not get me started on the Viking and the lack of communication over the last month. It is inexcusable and it has been Viking's weak point from the get-go.

There should have been regular communication from corporate to all guests explaining why shorex were late and what would happen when they were posted.

I could go on and on -- but I won't.

It comes down to that I don't believe anything that that is said or reported said by any Viking customer service agents.

Edited by Peregrina651

6 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Do not get me started on the Viking and the lack of communication over the last month. It is inexcusable and it has been Viking's weak point from the get-go.

There should have been regular communication from corporate to all guests explaining why shorex were late and what would happen when they were posted.

Still nothing as of a few minutes ago on MVJ For the 17-24 cruise.  Maybe tomorrow.  Phone call to Viking was not helpful.  In fact, the operator was not even aware the first two July cruises had been posted.

20 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

It comes down to that I don't believe anything that that is said or reported said by any Viking customer service agents.

Why cruise with Viking if you don't believe anything that Viking says?

3 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Speaking for myself, this is my first Viking cruise (after many cruises on several other lines).  I had heard great things about Viking including wonderful service.  In the case of the Iceland cruises I have started to come of the opinion that Viking bit off a bit more than they could chew, trying to rush these cruises out.  As a result Viking management has been unable to provide the passenger service that they, themselves advertised thus far.  We can only hope that by the time we get to Reykjavik the issues will be worked out

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

You are twisting my words. I said

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

I  said I am not confident about information obtained from the call center -- the folks that most Viking guests interact with pre-cruise. Sometimes it is right and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it is outdated. Sometimes it is contradictory.

Take the call center out of the equation (easily done if I never call them -- but I do get to hear a lot about what they are saying here on Cruise Critic) and the rest of the Viking experience has been wonderful -- and that is why we continue to cruise with Viking. It works for us.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Clay, I hear ya.

I believe that there is one more Included Tour to be posted (probably in Akureyri since one was shown there on the Viking Website).   We currently have 5 listed and the Booking Website promised 6.  MVJ currently shows 1 in Reykjavik, 1 in Isafjordur, 1 in Djupivogur and 2 in Heimaey.  There are currently none shown for either Akureyri or Seydisfjordur.

Hi to our US cousins,

This cruise has now been released to the UK market in the last 24 hrs. Departure dates from Reyjkavik are July 24, 27, 31 and August 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31 and September 7 of this year (2021)

Do we know if Viking have decided to mix nationalities (or more accurately countries of departure) on board?

We have booked onto the July 31 departure and was wondering if these are UK only cruises or is there going be the opportunity to enjoy the company of our transatlantic travelling companions.

We look forward to learning a lot from the US only departures in June and early July.

Neil

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

You are twisting my words. I said

I  said I am not confident about information obtained from the call center -- the folks that most Viking guests interact with pre-cruise. Sometimes it is right and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it is outdated. Sometimes it is contradictory.

Take the call center out of the equation (easily done if I never call them -- but I do get to hear a lot about what they are saying here on Cruise Critic) and the rest of the Viking experience has been wonderful -- and that is why we continue to cruise with Viking. It works for us.

Well said. We have enjoyed everything about our cruise experience on Viking once we’re on the ship. Excellent service. However, the agents at the call center give very contradictory information. I realize Viking is trying to put these cruises together quickly, but I’ve been very disappointed that there have been no emails spelling out excursion booking,  etc. I feel like it is the “Wild West” out there!

• Thanks 1