It's been such a long time there are things I've forgotten...

Bruin Steve

My last pre-pandemic cruise was on the Royal Princess, January 2020...

My next Princess cruise will (or should) be October 30, 2021 on Majestic Princess.

Both are/will be "Medallion" voyages...

I was looking at my "future cruises" on the website...I have the "Guest Information Form" complete.

The next step says "Download the Medallion App".  Of course, I downloaded this onto my iPhone and iPad prior to that Royal Princess cruise.  Anything I have to do again? Is there anything I have to input on the app prior to the cruise?  I (vaguely by this time) remember receiving the box with the medallions in the mail.  Is that automatic?  Or anything I need to do (other than make final payment) to get those?

Also, some new questions:

The new cruise was purchased with all the perks--WiFi, drinks, gratuities and a night in a specialty restaurant...Anyone know:

Limitations on drinks that can or can't be ordered with the drink package?

I take it, once onboard, one still has to set up the WiFi service to create passwords, etc., correct?

Cn you book the specialty restaurant prior to the cruise...or is it one of those where you have to wait until you get there?

Thanks...

4 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Limitations on drinks that can or can't be ordered with the drink package?

Drinks include almost everything you might want to order. There are a few high end things that aren't covered but "mostly" anything you want.  The "price" quoted doesn't include the gratuities but they are included anyway so it doesn't matter. I often drink the Chairman of the Board and the 24k Margarita - both of which are around the top of the Princess pricing range. They are covered.

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

15 drink (alcoholic) limit per "Princess Day" -  which runs 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. the next day

Glock does NOT reset at midnight to continue drinking after the 15 ... It has been reported that bartenders 'might' serve you after 15, but you 'should' be charged

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

15 drink (alcoholic) limit per "Princess Day" -  which runs 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. the next day

Glock does NOT reset at midnight to continue drinking after the 15 ... It has been reported that bartenders 'might' serve you after 15, but you 'should' be charged

If I've already had 15 drinks, I am not awake by midnight!!!   🍹   😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

15 drinks a day?  Ok, I can sacrifice a few....

• Haha 1

For our Hawaii cruise early 2022, we were also given specialty dining.  I was told the tickets with a scheduled night would be in our cabin along with the envelope of pre-purchased excursions. Those reservations can be changed with the Maitre'd.  We're looking at the Majestic for late '22. Dining at Harmony is a must for us, along with the other food and drink experiences unique to Majestic. 

Edited by mtnesterz

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

I was looking at my "future cruises" on the website...I have the "Guest Information Form" complete. I'm nowhere near as confident as you. I'm waiting to fill out the GIF until I'm sure it's going to sail.

Also, some new questions:

I take it, once onboard, one still has to set up the WiFi service to create passwords, etc., correct? Correct.

Cn you book the specialty restaurant prior to the cruise...or is it one of those where you have to wait until you get there?

You have to wait until your're on board to see which restaurant/time/day you've been assigned. If you want to change it, go the any open Specialty Restaurant or call the DINE line.

If you sign into your onboard account and go to upcoming cruises, there is a tab for onboard services. Scroll to the bottom of that page and it will show what is included on your cruise. If you are receiving a comp. meal it will show the date which is usually on embarkation day.  You should be able to change the reservation when you board-and do it as soon as possible after boarding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

If you sign into your onboard account and go to upcoming cruises, there is a tab for onboard services. Scroll to the bottom of that page and it will show what is included on your cruise. If you are receiving a comp. meal it will show the date which is usually on embarkation day.  You should be able to change the reservation when you board-and do it as soon as possible after boarding.

Which is likely not the date of your reservation, just the date the voyage starts.

31 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Interesting. I was told that was the reservation. I wondered how they were going to do so many of them on the 1st day.

A lot of cruise lines give discounts on specialty restaurants the first night...it's the hardest night for them to sell these.  People generally want to settle in first...and visit a specialty restaurant later in the cruise--when they sort of get tired of the MDR...

Can you book the specialty restaurant prior to the cruise...or is it one of those where you have to wait until you get there?

Can not pre-book. There will be a card in your cabin with your assigned restaurant, date and time. In the past you could change by calling the dining line or visiting the restaurant of your choice on the afternoon of boarding day. 

Can someone answer the first part.  We were also on a medallion cruise in August, 2019.  Our next cruise in November we will be one step up, Ruby.  Do we have to re-apply for medallion or will they just send us our new tokens?  We still have the apps on our phones.

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Can someone answer the first part.  We were also on a medallion cruise in August, 2019.  Our next cruise in November we will be one step up, Ruby.  Do we have to re-apply for medallion or will they just send us our new tokens?  We still have the apps on our phones.

Pretty sure you'll need a new medallion. The batteries have a limited life span.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

You have to complete the information on the app. for the cruise you are on. Some of the information may populate automatically, but you have to go through the process if you wish to have the medallion sent to you. You also have to complete the immigration information in the cruise personlizer.

15 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

They will automatically send new Medallions.

Probably you will need to update the apps as they no doubt will have changed since you last cruised.

1 hour ago, BarbinMich said:

I will be sailing on my first Medallion cruise this Nov.  Have not been on a cruise since 2017.  I don't have a smartphone or tablet.  How do I deal with the Medallion?  Thanks!!!

you can pick up the medallion at the port - at least pre-'rona 

1 hour ago, BarbinMich said:

I will be sailing on my first Medallion cruise this Nov.  Have not been on a cruise since 2017.  I don't have a smartphone or tablet.  How do I deal with the Medallion?  Thanks!!!

You complete the immigration information in the cruise personlizer just like before. Print out your boarding passes. Show up at the pier and at check in you will be given your medallions. When boarding your photo will be taken just like in the past. You use the medallion just like you used your cruise card in the past. You probably will find some conveniences. Examples: your cabin door will unlock as you approach, waiters may will be able to read your medallion without actually removing it from your person, using the large information screens on every deck you can find activities and other information, you can also locate your spouse or others in your party location on these screens.  

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, voljeep said:

Note that liver transplant is not included.

• Haha 1