Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Fully vaccinated. A much higher number has at least one jab. Both numbers are still increasing. By the time cruising restarts?

Perhaps, but even still covid numbers are going up and deaths are going down. Just shows that the older crowd has got the shot while the younger crowd continue to spread it. We will see in another month or so how many of the younger people get the shot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Unfortunately these days the "Truth" is subjective and has many many many different versions depending on whos doing the telling at any given moment.  Remember the old saying "Trust half of what you see and none of what you read" 

No matter what side of the "Fence" you are on, we all have to admit that the "Bleach" commentary/reference was one for the centuries. It should actually be incorporated into educational teaching textbooks as "One of 100K Things To Not Say As a Leader". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

This is why I don't get medical advice from the internet.

So, you're saying that it's inconceivable that I, or anyone one else posting on a message board, might be "smarter" than some given doctor?  

I can assure you that some doctors are idiots - just like some politicians - and just like some of, say, any profession you can name!

That's all I have to say about that  😄

Tom

9 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

This is what Carnival Cruise Nut do. Agree to Disagree and still remain loyal to the Cruising Cause. Onward and Upward.

Look I am a Cruise Nut, and I don't agree with everything posted.  But a person has a total right to their opinion.  I am open for discussion and enjoy the transfer of ideas.  But when people throw jabs in order to sting at the core of another it is going to far.  And all that does is end intelligent conversation and start a argument.  If a person finds they feel unsafe taking a job that is fine,  and if they are all in favor that is fine also.  But no one should feel they can dictate to other.  Now discuss the pros and cons is much more helpful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So, you're saying that it's inconceivable that I, or anyone one else posting on a message board, might be "smarter" than some given doctor?  

I can assure you that some doctors are idiots - just like some politicians - and just like some of, say, any profession you can name!

Tom

I just think that there were so many unproven theories and/or stories published during the past years that "Fact Checking" is now a Booming business. Always tell the "Factual Truth"  then your words can never be deemed as "Political". 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

But no one from this message board knows the details of a given patient and what is best for this specific patient.  Some doctors are not as good as others for sure but each person selects their doctor and deem if said doctor is an idiot.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Not saying that at all and I agree. Some nut jobs in every walk of life. You could be a brain surgeon for all I know. Just seemed to me you were saying that because you didn't agree with someone's Dr. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Look I am a Cruise Nut, and I don't agree with everything posted.  But a person has a total right to their opinion.  I am open for discussion and enjoy the transfer of ideas.  But when people throw jabs in order to sting at the core of another it is going to far.  And all that does is end intelligent conversation and start a argument.  If a person finds they feel unsafe taking a job that is fine,  and if they are all in favor that is fine also.  But no one should feel they can dictate to other.  Now discuss the pros and cons is much more helpful.

We have to keep our "Adult Big Pants" on at all times. There is nothing wrong with the impression of going to far. The challenge is to know when and how to divert the message. Just don't get "baited" into the argument and you will be fine. We are all Carnival Cruise Nuts and we will all survive the Cruise Critic Curse (That's when Host Carolyn Pulls The plug). We still live to read, hear and speak another day.  

3 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I just think that there were so many unproven theories and/or stories published during the past years that "Fact Checking" is now a Booming business. Always tell the "Factual Truth"  then your words can never be deemed as "Political". 

When it comes to "truth" in science, one needs to be aware of the difficulty in defining "truth".

“Science is an ever refining process to find truth, not a dogma,”

"Seeing a frozen meat company drag@neiltyson for intellectually sloppy thinking is not something you see every day. Worse for NGT, the frozen meat company is correct."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steak-umm-twitter-beef-neil-degrasse-tyson_n_6075d744e4b043d6d4a445ac

39 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Perhaps, but even still covid numbers are going up and deaths are going down. Just shows that the older crowd has got the shot while the younger crowd continue to spread it. We will see in another month or so how many of the younger people get the shot.

Global deaths are also rising, but I agree the younger crowd is, and has been the main spreader. So much for critical thinking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Not saying that at all and I agree. Some nut jobs in every walk of life. You could be a brain surgeon for all I know. Just seemed to me you were saying that because you didn't agree with someone's Dr. 

Only if he misses.

I come here to talk cruising and associated policies that connect to cruising. There is likely nothing I can say to convince the various anti-vaxxers posting here to get the covid shot anymore than they can tell the vaccinated they are doing something wrong. Fine if you want to remain unvaccinated as just take the 2-3 covid tests before getting on the ship for all I care.

Sure there have been 5800 breakthrough infections out of 80 million fully vaccinated individuals or ~0.007%, with 74 deaths or ~0.00009% compared to an average mortality rate varying from 0.5% to around 3% for unvaccinated. This doesn't even include covid long-haulers issues that vaccinated largely will avoid. Do I like my statistical odds over the unvaccinated, you bet I do but honestly at this point we have entered the Darwin Awards phase of the pandemic as I could care less if folks want to get vaccinated now as long as I don't have to pay for their covid medical costs  by being unvaccinated. If they can pass 2-3 covid tests over a week, then let them onboard as I have no problem cruising with those folks.

I truly believe in Science and it's entry way into life being. My question is "Will The Carnival Cruise Nuts Survive a Stint on Mars?" With the latest progress via the Mars Mission we all could potentially be reclassified from "American Citizens" to "Martian Inhabitants"????

That is "Real Science" and maybe not too far from reality. Spock are you Listening?  

5 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I truly believe in Science and it's entry way into life being. My question is "Will The Carnival Cruise Nuts Survive a Stint on Mars?" With the latest progress via the Mars Mission we all could potentially be reclassified from "American Citizens" to "Martian Inhabitants"????

That is "Real Science" and maybe not too far from reality. Spock are you Listening?  

LOL I am a cruise nut, not a astro nut.  Anyhow there are no watery oceans on Mars.

37 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

... Some doctors are not as good as others for sure but each person selects their doctor and deem if said doctor is an idiot.  

I wish that all doctors were selected based on their merits, and not which insurance they take (in some cases)!  🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

LOL I am a cruise nut, not a astro nut.  Anyhow there are no watery oceans on Mars.

Not as of yet my friend. It's actually ok to be a bit of both of a Cruise and Astro "Nut". Who knows we might just find evidence of a prehistoric/futuristic "Carnival Ship" in that Red Horizon Beyond!!! 

Out Trek Fans will agree with me Right??? 

38 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Not saying that at all and I agree. Some nut jobs in every walk of life. You could be a brain surgeon for all I know.

You're in the ballpark.

38 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Just seemed to me you were saying that because you didn't agree with someone's Dr. 

Sorry, no, I was not challenging anyone's medical advice.  Everyone should be able to make their own informed decisions.

Tom

• Like 1

I have read your posts here about Doctors. I personally will never refer to anyone in the Medical profession as a "Nut" or "Cook"; unless they are of course a Carnival Cruise Nut. 

Anyone who spends upward of 12 years preparing for a meaningful and needed professional career should garner our "Ultimate" respect. No matter what their chosen specialization, they have paid the Dues To Be Called "Professional of Peace". Some may know more than others, some may have a not so pleasing personality but they are still the Ultimate Warriors that keep us functioning day in and day out. 

Please encourage family members to adopt the Profession as they will always be in Great Demand.      

19 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Not as of yet my friend. It's actually ok to be a bit of both of a Cruise and Astro "Nut". Who knows we might just find evidence of a prehistoric/futuristic "Carnival Ship" in that Red Horizon Beyond!!! 

Out Trek Fans will agree with me Right??? 

hey cruise the solar system in 10 days, on the beautiful Carnival Speculation!!  lol ok I am done. I am WAYYYYY off topic. 

On 4/15/2021 at 7:52 AM, Joebucks said:

I'm not sure where you were a year ago. We shut down nearly every business, grounded most planes and cruises, and locked people inside for over a month. What more did you want? Unfortunately, it did little other than tank our economy

Imagine taking this stance that Samoa and Zealand are models that countries like the USA can replicate.

All of this....

• Like 1