Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

Just now, jetsfan58 said:

Heard earlier this week that we will all probably need a third dose to get us through. Will this one be the dose of "Bleach" that is supposed to help?

We have to get the flu vaccine annually and yes the flu vaccine every year is a different concoction but there is no lifetime immunity to flu.  I read a report recently that pharmaceutical science has known for years how to make a vaccine for the corona viruses but never did because of the lack of immune longevity.  This my prediction: like the various influenza the novel19 virus will only have to be vaccinated against for a few years at most because it will no longer be pandemic but more importantly I hope they are able to find a way to administer that booster along with the influenza vaccines.  One shot per year, no fuss, no muss.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

We have to get the flu vaccine annually and yes the flu vaccine every year is a different concoction but there is no lifetime immunity to flu.  I read a report recently that pharmaceutical science has known for years how to make a vaccine for the corona viruses but never did because of the lack of immune longevity.  This my prediction: like the various influenza the novel19 virus will only have to be vaccinated against for a few years at most because it will no longer be pandemic but more importantly I hope they are able to find a way to administer that booster along with the influenza vaccines.  One shot per year, no fuss, no muss.

Sounds like a plan if it works.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Heard earlier this week that we will all probably need a third dose to get us through. Will this one be the dose of "Bleach" that is supposed to help?

Hadnt heard that Pfizer was in the bleach business?

I'll agree that, generally, it's advisable to heed your doctor's advice. Having said that - they're people too, and some are whack jobs. Some are well intentioned but underinformed. Some are not open to change or new ideas... etc.

I could probably find one to say that I (presuming I was elected to some high office) was the healthiest individual EVER to be elected. Did I say EVER?  😉

Tom 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

One group of paranoid, selfish people perhaps should stay home, but it isn't the majority.

%26 of the country has been vaccinated so what makes you think your thinking is the majority? 

It was touted earlier as a possible cure. Even Pfizer knows it's not. 

Well Pfizer was the company that stated a possible third shot may be required so how does that tie into your bleach statement about the third shot?

• Like 1

Good rhetorical question for those who feel that cruiselines shouldn't discriminate against those who refuse to vaccinate-should cruiselines discriminate against the unvaccinated citizens of other countries in this world where the epidemic is growing out of control not lessening. Should governmental agencies prohibit unvaccinated from cruising on ships from the United States? The percentage of foreign cruisers is much higher than most Americans realize

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll agree that, generally, it's advisable to heed your doctor's advice. Having said that - they're people too, and some are whack jobs. Some are well intentioned but underinformed. Some are not open to change or new ideas... etc.

I could probably find one to say that I (presuming I was elected to some high office) was the healthiest individual EVER to be elected. Did I say EVER?  😉

Tom 

Are you saying you are smarter than another posters Dr.? The Dr. doesn't agree with what you think so you just say they must be a whack job or something? 

• Like 2

By the way Pfizer was not the only company that sated the need for a third shot.

may be so cant comment on that just that Pfizer was the story i read so they are the only ones i can comment on related to that.

15 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

%26 of the country has been vaccinated so what makes you think your thinking is the majority? 

Fully vaccinated. A much higher number has at least one jab. Both numbers are still increasing. By the time cruising restarts?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

We are all adults and I realize that sometimes the Truth hurts different believers. The truth is the Truth.  

Unfortunately these days the "Truth" is subjective and has many many many different versions depending on whos doing the telling at any given moment.  Remember the old saying "Trust half of what you see and none of what you read" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Are you saying you are smarter than another posters Dr.? The Dr. doesn't agree with what you think so you just say they must be a whack job or something? 

But a Dr of what? Animal husbandry?

11 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Are you saying you are smarter than another posters Dr.?

In some cases yes, in other cases no (should I even have to say this!)

11 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

The Dr. doesn't agree with what you think so you just say they must be a whack job or something? 

Interesting...