Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

On 4/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, TNcruising02 said:

I really wish cruising could resume at a person's own risk with negative covid testing prior to boarding.  If someone gets deathly sick, quarantine them until they can get them off of the ship.  The days of quarantining everyone should be long gone.

This is as far as I've gotten on this thread, so the obvious problem with your remark may have been addressed (maybe even kindly, lol).

You ignore the well known fact that once someone displays symptoms of the disease, every one they have encountered has been exposed and has the potential to get sick and/or infect others.  Picture a ship that is not allowed to dock anywhere.  Ooops... it already happened.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Actually my doctor said no, that there was not sufficient reason to take the vaccine for me. At least not until later and two people on these boards said he should lose his license. 

One Doctor trumps all cruise nuts.  I would follow the docs advice and not worry about it.  You did the right thing.  

• Like 4

We are blessed , we had a virus hit the world, we had many people infected and recovered, we also had many people die. In less than a year we have a vaccine, and very good  therapeutic strategies.

The extremely astonishing results from the 66million who have been vaccinated  , I think something like 58000 reinfections/ breakthrough infections including variants. And better yet a crazy small amount of death.

couple  those who are vaccinated with those who have been infected.. it’s getting better all the time , every day.

Me, I have great faith in my doctors, I take and abide by their recommendations well over any politician, political scientist or internet sites.

my opinion , it’s been over a year with no traveling , it will happen by summer with plenty of choice for all ..  

it will be different, but we will have choices , it may be outside the us , it might be more cost.. but there is also an opportunity for overall improvement too.

I see it as exciting .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, asalligo said:

How did you ever enjoy cruising? Cruising by its nature is a selfish vacation. We climb on giant floating environmental disasters and gorge ourselves on opulent fare while the less fortunate tend to our every need. I am cool with this, but if you care so much about your fellow man, how did you enjoy this before? 

It's called a vacation. A love of the sea. Carnival opulent? Have you ever cruised on Carnival? 

I enjoy spreading my wealth around the world. Don't be so selfish.

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Covid-19 deaths are accelerating, WHO warns, as world records most cases ever in a single week

And the last time I cruised Australia was on fire, flooding was killing thousands in Jakarta and Earthquakes were killing everyone in Puerto Rico.  Make an announcement if it is happening on a place we port. People worried about the above statement should stay home, let the rest of us cruise at our own risk. Covid does not scare me, being restricted from doing what I love, does. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It's called a vacation. A love of the sea. Carnival opulent? Have you ever cruised on Carnival? 

I enjoy spreading my wealth around the world. Don't be so selfish.

Come on, let yourself love being selfish. Just try it a little. First time is free. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Covid-19 deaths are accelerating, WHO warns, as world records most cases ever in a single week

Remember when it was all a "Hoax". This is real and we have to remain real about it. Can't sugar coat it or wish it "Into A Cornfield". Thanks Blerk for the headlines. It should serve as a wake up call.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

The extremely astonishing results from the 66million who have been vaccinated  , I think something like 58000 reinfections/ breakthrough infections including variants. And better yet a crazy small amount of death.

couple  those who are vaccinated with those who have been infected.. it’s getting better all the time , every day.

More like 5800. A high percentage of elderly have been vaccinated compared to other age groups. Of interest is only 40% or so of breakthrough cases are in people over 60. The majority are relatively young.

7% of the 5800 required hospitalization. 74 died (1.3%).

5800. About what a large cruise ship might hold.

36 minutes ago, asalligo said:

So you discount the 5800 documented cases of Covid caught well after the 2nd vaccine? Or are you saying that these people have less of a chance of infecting others because they have taken the vaccine? You people just keep parroting that the vaccine should be taken for the good of all with no evidence that it is actually having an impact. The Covid numbers likely would have been dropping by now with no vaccine at all. 

With all respect, there is evidence.   Jump over and look at Israel.   They have about a 66 percent herd immunity, and running about a ,71 infection rate which is real good.  The new cases continue to drop along with hospitalization and deaths . Percentage of positive tests are only 0.3 .  It is working like gang busters there. And they arent even to 70 percent yet.  The jabs have slowed way down in the past week and I think they are now having a lot of resistance in the remaining population.  

8 minutes ago, asalligo said:

And the last time I cruised Australia was on fire, flooding was killing thousands in Jakarta and Earthquakes were killing everyone in Puerto Rico.  Make an announcement if it is happening on a place we port. People worried about the above statement should stay home, let the rest of us cruise at our own risk. Covid does not scare me, being restricted from doing what I love, does. 

One group of paranoid, selfish people perhaps should stay home, but it isn't the majority.

1 minute ago, jetsfan58 said:

Remember when it was all a "Hoax". This is real and we have to remain real about it. Can't sugar coat it or wish it "Into A Cornfield". Thanks Blerk for the headlines. It should serve as a wake up call.  

Are you really willing to give up cruising to save the rest of the world? How much is cruising worth to you? If you had to do something reprehensible to get on the ship, would you just say that is too far, I did not want to cruise that bad?  

1 minute ago, jetsfan58 said:

Alter egos are sad, remember when the great WHO , TWEETED  in January there is no evidence in China of human to human transmission of COVID.. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, fin said:

This is as far as I've gotten on this thread, so the obvious problem with your remark may have been addressed (maybe even kindly, lol).

You ignore the well known fact that once someone displays symptoms of the disease, every one they have encountered has been exposed and has the potential to get sick and/or infect others.  Picture a ship that is not allowed to dock anywhere.  Ooops... it already happened.

The purpose of not allowing those ships to dock in the beginning of the pandemic was to stop the spread to other areas.  It's a worldwide pandemic now, so it's already everywhere.  People have been vaccinated, so the high risk people should have as much protection as possible from becoming critically ill.  There is no need to use the same measures for a covid positive person now that were used in April of last year.  It's an entirely different scenario.

• Like 2

Just now, mredandchis said:

With all respect, there is evidence.   Jump over and look at Israel.   They have about a 66 percent herd immunity, and running about a ,71 infection rate which is real good.  The new cases continue to drop along with hospitalization and deaths . Percentage of positive tests are only 0.3 .  It is working like gang busters there. And they arent even to 70 percent yet.  The jabs have slowed way down in the past week and I think they are now having a lot of resistance in the remaining population.  

Israel has the concept of Covid passports - Green Pass - one of the reasons for their success. You want less restrictions? Get vaccinated. Yes, there are some protests, and of course, the Palestinians are being discriminated against. They still aren't at the end, yet.

There really is no such thing as percentage herd immunity - either you are there or not. And once there, you can still lose it by being careless.

8 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

Alter egos are sad, remember when the great WHO , TWEETED  in January there is no evidence in China of human to human transmission of COVID.. 

I remember that and I remember Nancy saying come on down to China town, and Fauci sayin Feb 29 , there is nothing to worry about and Biden yelling that Trump  was  Xenophobic for shutting down travel from china .  And me being a idiot believed them.  

• Like 4

Just now, jetsfan58 said:

One reported death is still too many. Do what we are asked and we could all eventually cruise again. 

Public health and emergency declarations are not meant to deal with a single death. That may be harsh for you to hear but that is truth, not my truth, that is the point of public health.  If you are worried about a single death there are many dragons to slay.

• Like 5