Cruise ships coming to Galveston this weekend

Radiioman46

Ms Duffy did a live hit on Healds page earlier today. She appeared on the Lido Deck of Carnival Sunshine in Port Miami. I would have thought there would have been better stagecraft and production support beyond a handheld iPhone for the CEO, but she did say she was going to attend the arrival in Galveston, and there would be a light show!

That is all well and good. A little publicity for the arrival is a good thing. I note that Panorama and Miracle have been in  Long Beach for weeks. There are more cruise ships than I have ever seen in one place offshore within sight of Long Beach and LA harbors. They are right next to each other. What I find even better is that things are moving around Miracle at the Dome, whilst Panorama is sailing near Baja. I guess they went to Mexico to replenish the vanilla. What I find interesting is that Ms Duffy was very upbeat and said they would be sailing soon. I am sure she knows more than she can express publicly. I also see that Carnival has changed their check-in time. I was reduced to ten days before sail date during the pause in cruising, now it has changed to 30 days. I have no insider knowledge, but  it appears they plan to weigh anchor in July. I pray it is true, I have my vaccine card, and I am booked for July 3rd.

Edited by Moviela
  • Like 1

Sounds like good news.  We all miss our ships & hope sailing resumes soon.  That aeticle talked about an abundance of vaccines in the Houston area...  here in Kansas, pretty much every one wanting a vaccine has been able to get one.  I was amazed at how easy the process was.

I am Excited to hear the comments that the Carnival CEO is going to make. Would like to see all crew members offered the chance to get vaccinated. Seems that many a vaccine appointment is available now with health care works just waiting for people to show up for shots.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I am Excited to hear the comments that the Carnival CEO is going to make. Would like to see all crew members offered the chance to get vaccinated. Seems that many a vaccine appointment is available now with health care works just waiting for people to show up for shots.

The Galveston board was told 350 crew members would get pfe next monday and tuesday. So there is a 2nd reason for the ship hanging around the port .. to get 2nd jab.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/port-galveston-may-become-first-us-vaccinate-cruise-ship-crew

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The Galveston board was told 350 crew members would get pfe next monday and tuesday. So there is a 2nd reason for the ship hanging around the port .. to get 2nd jab.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/port-galveston-may-become-first-us-vaccinate-cruise-ship-crew

350 is probably more than enough for the essential crew members on both ships.

I am so excited to hear this news as I have a September cruise scheduled out of Galveston on the Breeze.   So, I''ll definitely keep wearing my "Pollyanna" pants and doing the happy dance!   Had too many cruises canceled last year and earlier this year, so I am more than ready to jump aboard. 

Let's cruise y'all!

1 hour ago, dan4182 said:

In Galveston now, Vista in foreground, Breeze behind the Vista.

57C29192-A331-40A1-AE81-86D00ACCEB1B.jpeg

WoW what a pleasure watching them come in. Yes lets get back to safe cruising all around. Vaccine shots for all or anyone who wants one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone else besides me have tears in their eyes at the sight of these glorious pictures???  I fully expect to just weep for joy when I set foot on our next ship - who's with me?  I'm also watching the Galveston crew online while they clean the ships. OMG!  My heart is FULL right now and I have chills watching this!  Dan4182:  this may be my new wallpaper!  Are you there now?  Wish I was there - Just makes my day!  And I love the "welcome home" sign in the foreground - nice touch by Galveston!  I know there are bigger problems in the world, but for those of us so passionate about cruising, this is just incredible!  Let's all raise a glass tonight and toast the crew members and everyone involved with getting cruising started again - especially our health care heroes - cheers & blessings to all! 🥰♥️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was there today when they came in. I was on Pier 26 between the terminals. I have to say it was very emotional. I can't even begin to describe how great it felt to catch that first glimpse of the whale tail as Breeze came around the eastern end of the island and started coming up the channel. 

Edited by Rudyard
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Does anyone else besides me have tears in their eyes at the sight of these glorious pictures???  I fully expect to just weep for joy when I set foot on our next ship - who's with me?  I'm also watching the Galveston crew online while they clean the ships. OMG!  My heart is FULL right now and I have chills watching this!  Dan4182:  this may be my new wallpaper!  Are you there now?  Wish I was there - Just makes my day!  And I love the "welcome home" sign in the foreground - nice touch by Galveston!  I know there are bigger problems in the world, but for those of us so passionate about cruising, this is just incredible!  Let's all raise a glass tonight and toast the crew members and everyone involved with getting cruising started again - especially our health care heroes - cheers & blessings to all! 🥰♥️

It makes me feel good to see pictures of the cruise ships at the US ports.  It's been a long year and just shows that things are moving forward and we can get back to what most of us here enjoy, cruising.

• Like 2