New CDC guidelines released 5/5/21

Gracie115

40 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

They submitted plans back in September.  Carnival Corp, RCG, and NCLH all submitted them as it put forth via CLIA.

No, they submitted an advisory panel's recommendations, which is far from the detailed action plan that the CDC required, and Mr. Del Rio knows that.  Even the Healthy Sail Panel stated several times that the cruise lines would need to develop plans to implement the recommendations.  The Panel's report stated what they intended to do, a plan states how they intend to implement it.  NCL hasn't even stated how they intend to ensure the vaccination levels they want for the CSO to go away.  Again, a recommendation, not a plan.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

But it is up to the CDC to clarify

No, its not.  There is nothing that limits a regulated industry from coming up with action plans to meet regulations set by the agency, in any industry, without waiting for specific instructions from the agency.  The agency does not know how to operate a cruise ship, which is why they set out generic requirements in their orders, and expected the industry to come back with "robust, actionable" plans that would list how each, unique cruise line, or even unique ship, was going to meet the requirements, based on the construction, manning, and operations of the vessel, and what could be reasonably done on a cost basis to meet or nearly meet the requirements.  The industry never came back with any plan.  They haven't even addressed the port/service agreements, which wouldn't affect the passengers in the slightest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Additionally, HOST Jazzbeau is a representative of the cruise industry as a "host" on CC and comments should be considered in that light.

I whole heartedly disagree with this.  The moderators on this board are volunteers, and really have no axe to grind.  They also have the right to voice their opinion, and I have defended their right, and will continue to defend with my life, their right to voice that opinion, whether I agree with it or not. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I just read the link of what the CDC just came out with:

Some of it is ridiculous.

For example:    "Masks do not need to be worn in the water"    WOW, do you think!  Even having to say this is over the top.

Perhaps these rather strict guidelines make a little sense if cruises are open to the entire population?  But these guidelines are way stricter than what we have been living under for months, going to restaurants, Target, Home Depot, grocery stores, etc.  (where there are vaccinated and non vaccinated people)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I whole heartedly disagree with this.  The moderators on this board are volunteers, and really have no axe to grind.  They also have the right to voice their opinion, and I have defended their right, and will continue to defend with my life, their right to voice that opinion, whether I agree with it or not. 

Host Jazzbeau gets criticized on most boards on CC. It is actually becoming quite humorous with the Cancel Culture group around here. Silversea seems to be the only board he posts on that allows him to have an opinion. He is a great guy and quite humorous. I enjoy his posts and he makes me laugh almost every day. Something many of you should try to do.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly. 

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

No, its not.  There is nothing that limits a regulated industry from coming up with action plans to meet regulations set by the agency, in any industry, without waiting for specific instructions from the agency.  The agency does not know how to operate a cruise ship, which is why they set out generic requirements in their orders, and expected the industry to come back with "robust, actionable" plans that would list how each, unique cruise line, or even unique ship, was going to meet the requirements, based on the construction, manning, and operations of the vessel, and what could be reasonably done on a cost basis to meet or nearly meet the requirements.  The industry never came back with any plan.  They haven't even addressed the port/service agreements, which wouldn't affect the passengers in the slightest.

I agree in principal.  But when the questions fly about "what did the CDC mean?" by this rule or that rule, they should clarify if it is any way ambiguous.  Which the whole mask while eating appears to be.

5 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Host Jazzbeau gets criticized on most boards on CC. It is actually becoming quite humorous with the Cancel Culture group around here. Silversea seems to be the only board he posts on that allows him to have an opinion. He is a great guy and quite humorous. I enjoy his posts and he makes me laugh almost every day. Something many of you should try to do.

Cancel Culture?  

Is that a new term?  Never heard of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I just read the link of what the CDC just came out with:

Some of it is ridiculous.

For example:    "Masks do not need to be worn in the water"    WOW, do you think!  Even having to say this is over the top.

If they didn't say that, the crescendo would be "what about swimming?  They haven't said if they need to be worn in the water!!"

7 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Perhaps these rather strict guidelines make a little sense if cruises are open to the entire population?  But these guidelines are way stricter than what we have been living under for months, going to restaurants, Target, Home Depot, grocery stores, etc.  (where there are vaccinated and non vaccinated people)

Right or wrong, the CDC considers being on a closed-in cruise ship many miles (and many hours or days from resources on land) to be a different entity than 20 minutes in a big box store or an hour in a restaurant, generally minutes away from health care if needed.

But very true, if the vax rate is 100%, that shifts the parameters. A lot.

• Like 1

Just now, ECCruise said:

I agree in principal.  But when the questions fly about "what did the CDC mean?" by this rule or that rule, they should clarify if it is any way ambiguous.  Which the whole mask while eating appears to be.

And they will when the regulated industry actually asks, which hopefully they have. 

The operations manual is for the use of the cruise industry, not passengers. Yes, there are requirements in there that apply to passengers, but the manual isn't for us. Elements of the plans will be written for passengers. That's how this works in every regulated industry.

"This document is intended to assist cruise ship operators in ensuring health and safety protections during simulated and restricted passenger operations in a way that mitigates the risk of spreading COVID-19."

4 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

It goes hand in hand with the "Woke" group. 😉

And just look at what Disney doing to many of their rides...🤬 enough already!! 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Does everyone needs a Xanax? The rage is out of control.  If you are giving them away, I'll take two please.

Never ever had one, but this thread is pushing me ...I'll see you and up one. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

No, they submitted an advisory panel's recommendations, which is far from the detailed action plan that the CDC required, and Mr. Del Rio knows that.  Even the Healthy Sail Panel stated several times that the cruise lines would need to develop plans to implement the recommendations.  The Panel's report stated what they intended to do, a plan states how they intend to implement it.  NCL hasn't even stated how they intend to ensure the vaccination levels they want for the CSO to go away.  Again, a recommendation, not a plan.

Agree to disagree.   CLIA considered them plans:  LINK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Cruise News calls them plans in the linked article, but nowhere does it quote anyone from the CLIA using that terminology. Another Cruise News article, linked to the original article, refers to them more accurately as "recommendations.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

A 66 page advisory panel report does not compare with a 329 page VSP operations manual, that outlines the methods of mitigating other infectious diseases on a ship.

5 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

What state is that? Curious never heard of that here in Virginia !

MA but it is thankfully being lifted later this month.  Our statewide population is approximately 7 million and over 4 million have been vaccinated!

9 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I have not read about that one. Did they Cancel Snow "White"?

Oh yes, they are changing the scene where the prince kisses Snow White, because she was not awake and thus unable to provide her "consent" to being kissed.  You can't make this stuff up!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh yes, they are changing the scene where the prince kisses Snow White, because she was not awake and thus unable to provide her "consent" to being kissed.  You can't make this stuff up!!  

So true, one can only wish it WAS made up...... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

How about the Food Stamp on cruises group?

Yes, you mentioned  you were getting everything for free on the posts relating to people collecting unemployment and not willing to take on a job because they were making more being unemployed.

I was sincerely hoping people were not taking unemployment checks, stimulus money, food stamps, etc. and using those funds to take a cruise. If you are currently unemployed, I hope you are able to take that next job that comes your way 😉

I see that you and a few others would love to Cancel me too. 

• Like 1