What is Your Favorite Desserts you had on your Cruise......

BklynBoy8

My local upscale grocer (whose bakery is excellent) is advertising on their web site a Croissant Brulee:  a croissant bowl filled with a Creme Brulee.  Their Croissants are delicious.  I expect to go shopping at their store on Monday and will see if I can find these.  They sound good.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My local upscale grocer (whose bakery is excellent) is advertising on their web site a Croissant Brulee:  a croissant bowl filled with a Creme Brulee.  Their Croissants are delicious.  I expect to go shopping at their store on Monday and will see if I can find these.  They sound good.  

This is similar to the Portuguese pasties de nata…flaky pastry cups.  Let us know how your creme brûlées stack up!  

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Sounds fabulous. How was it?😀

On 2/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, Lois R said:

On 2/27/2022 at 10:09 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Let us know how your creme brûlées stack up!  

Didn't buy any.  The price was $4.99 for one which was a bit more than I wanted to spend.  In retrospect, they charge $2.99 for one large croissant.  And, their croissants are flaky and buttery.  I must have been feeling cheap that afternoon.  (I was considering buying some select Oysters at $22.99/lb.  May have still been "in shock" after seeing that price.)   I'll be shopping next week, I expect.  If the pastry/dessert is still available, I will buy one and make a report.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 8:04 PM, rkacruiser said:

My local upscale grocer (whose bakery is excellent) is advertising on their web site a Croissant Brulee:  a croissant bowl filled with a Creme Brulee.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:09 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Let us know how your creme brûlées stack up!  

On 2/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, Lois R said:

I made a return visit to this grocer and bought one of their Croissant Brulees.  One of the bakery staff used some type of torch to flame the top of the Custard to make it "crackling".  I guess.    I ate it last night and was disappointed.  The Croissant Bowl was too large for the amount of the Custard that was in the bowl.  A "crackling" surface?  Not really.  The Custard was not as good as what I have experienced when I have ordered the dessert on a ship.  It was not worth the $4.99 that I paid for it.  

Just thought I would pop in to say hello...........I have missed the folks on here.

I had surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow......had to stay in the hospital for 2.5 days........am healing up.

Even with modern medicine, part of the area still feels pretty sore. 

Hope all of you are doing well. 

• Thanks 1

Good wishes for a Happy Passover and Easter to all!  

Memories of a cruise on the original Royal Princess during this season.  Outside the dining room, in the Atrium, an Easter confection and pastry display welcomed us to the dining room.  The aroma of chocolate remains in my memory.  

34 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hi Lois, get better soon!  We need you to chime in here.  Your Silversea experiences are always enlightening.😃

Hi CGT, thanks. Are you wanting dessert experiences?

Oh, I can't believe today is 2 weeks since my surgery. I had to take a pain pill last night to sleep and that was the first time in a week I needed one.

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi CGT, thanks. Are you wanting dessert experiences?

Oh, I can't believe today is 2 weeks since my surgery. I had to take a pain pill last night to sleep and that was the first time in a week I needed one.

We will definitely be wanting dessert, horsD’ouvres, entrees, etc. etc.  After all the Cruise Foodies do not live by dessert alone!  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Good wishes for a Happy Passover and Easter to all!  

Memories of a cruise on the original Royal Princess during this season.  Outside the dining room, in the Atrium, an Easter confection and pastry display welcomed us to the dining room.  The aroma of chocolate remains in my memory.  

Happy Easter and Good Passover to all.

What’s on your menu for Easter/Passover RK?  

Easter menu: Jumbo shrimp cocktail to start, charcoal grilled filet mignon sautéed in butter before serving with a beef stock port wine mushroom sauce, sautéed asparagus with Parmesan cheese and roasted potatoes and onions in beef stock.  Dessert will be a graham cracker custard pie with a mountain of baked meringue sprinkled with cinnamon sugar mixed with graham cracker crumbs.  We will start with an Alsace cremant pink Champagne and finish with a hearty Spanish Roja.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Happy Easter and Good Passover to all.

What’s on your menu for Easter/Passover RK?  

Boneless Pork Chops with Au Gratin Potatoes;  salad may be a Thai Cucumber Salad.  Dessert:  Had planned to have another slice of Cherry Pie, now, I am unsure.  A friend and neighbor gifted me this morning with a small Carrot Cake.  Probably ought to eat the Pie and keep the Cake in the refrigerator until I am ready for it.  Wine will be a bottle of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc.  

We are taking a Break this year since it will be the two of us after all these years and returning to a favorite restaurant we haven't been to since March 2020. Caution till now because of the Pana-D.

But still have to watch since our numbers are increasing and Masks inside are back.

Love to cook as I have mentioned on the boards in the past but deserve a break.

Won't know the menu of the establishment till tomorrow but know we are always happy and come out satisfied.

Wish you all have a good time with your selection and enjoy them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We are taking a Break this year since it will be the two of us after all these years and returning to a favorite restaurant we haven't been to since March 2020. Caution till now because of the Pana-D.

But still have to watch since our numbers are increasing and Masks inside are back.

Love to cook as I have mentioned on the boards in the past but deserve a break.

Won't know the menu of the establishment till tomorrow but know we are always happy and come out satisfied.

Wish you all have a good time with your selection and enjoy them.

Thanks BB and enjoy your meal…Bon appetite.  Let us know what you end up having for dessert!

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:55 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Thanks BB and enjoy your meal…Bon appetite.  Let us know what you end up having for dessert!

Truly enjoyed our return to our favorite restaurant in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. So sorry we hadn't returned earlier but cautions was the Safety Word. But great to see all the friendly faces welcoming us back and eager to serve us. It's like being treated in the Queen Grill on land. Very dedicated staff.

Well CGT as promised....

Chadwick's Crab Cake w Spicy Remoulade Sauce w Cherry Tomatoes and Pickled Red Onions on Artisan Mixed Greens & DW had their always Authentic Caesar Salad, Main Entrees Grilled Sirloin of Lamb w Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Escarole w Sauce Minted Bordelaise. All was and tender and melted in our mouth. Chadwick's is noted for generous portions so we have another meal and a half w a surprise cup of Sauce brought home. Dessert is always a treat. DW had Steve's Famous Key Lime Pie which is actually made within 3 blocks of the Cruise Terminal in Red hook. I had their Exotic Bomba which was like a Caribbean Tartufo within.

Over all, an excellent Easter Meal never disappointed in. Hope All Your's was Equal....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Over all, an excellent Easter Meal never disappointed in. Hope All Your's was Equal....

Thanks for posting this!  Sounds simply delicious!  Grilled Sirloin of Lamb:  I have never heard of that.  

My Easter dinner was good, but, not as gourmet as your dinner was.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting this!  Sounds simply delicious!  Grilled Sirloin of Lamb:  I have never heard of that.  

My Easter dinner was good, but, not as gourmet as your dinner was.  

Sliced in the form of a Tenderloin and not simple slices which made it more tender plentiful.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:21 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

We enjoy Flambe's when available on board.

Cherry Jubilee and Peach Melba Flambe always enjoyed.

Would like to try Banana's Foster someday. Also the International Cheese Platter.

Got some new items to try in the future.

Banana Cream Pie on the Cunard Ambassador.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Banana Cream Pie on the Cunard Ambassador.

I haven't enjoyed a slice of a Banana Cream Pie is many years.  Probably will make a visit to my grocer Tuesday and will see if they just might have that.  They usually have a selection of cream pies.

Pies on cruise ships are sometimes different from what I think of as "pie".