Everyone who loves a good Aft. (Rhapsody ?)

I'm thinking of changing cabins from an Ocean view (have never had one on RCC, always booked

balcony's) We have never been on Rhapsody, so booked an Ocean view 4 nights) I saw an Aft

#7156 for under $477pp. I have it on hold please help me decide. 12/14/21 sailing.

Thank you.

• Like 2

We love aft balconies, assuming they are in a good location.  We always check what is above and below.   Looking at the deck plans, it looks like it’s below other aft cabins, which is good.  But is above the Shall We Dance lounge.  If you are night owls and don’t mind possible noise, I say go for it. But if you are an early bird and/or a light sleeper, this may not be your best choice.

Erika

• Like 1

Balcony envy.....#7152 looks huge!  We decided to try it.  I'm ok with the lounge

under us.  Just thinking  this being our first cruise back, I think I will be on the

balcony more avoiding crowds for now.

• Like 1

The true aft's are amazing..including the OP's #7156. We've been on Vision #8590 and the balcony and location on this ship is great. If it's worth the  price pp for only a 4 night cruise then that's up to the OP. Enjoy whatever you choose.

• Like 1

We had an aft on the 2019 transatlantic. We were beside the larger balcony, but ours was very nice. Two lounge chairs, two upright chairs and a small table for breakfast. The noise from the Shall We Dance lounge was not noticeable.

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

You can't go wrong with an aft Rhapsody cabin, We had 8598 twice

64f88476c41e0814bf1fa81351169523.jpg

Anymore pictures of this cabin and balcony, we have the same cabin in March 2022.

I have a love hate relationship with the aft balconies....  but I'll tell you I always come back for more.

I had my first after on Mariner, it was shortly after the inaugural.   I was SOOOO excited.

I even slept out there one night the sound of the wake was just so awesome.  But I did wake up in the morning covered in a light coating of soot, from the smokestacks.   hahaha!  I cussed the balcony after that.

Did it again on Serenade and man oh man....  FELL IN LOVE!   This class ship didn't have the superstructure and the views were to die for.  I stared out the window forever, just always soaking it in.  

I did have someone in the windjammer above us snap a photo of me in my bathrobe, it was very creepy 

On Vision we were supposed to have one but were upgraded and wound up right near the elevators and wow, I loved the central location and how easy it was to run back to my room and back into the fun without all that walking....   never minded the walking, but after you have a cabin right in the middle of everything, the walking stands out.

Would I book that cabin on Rhapsody?  Absolutely!!!  Sounds like a great  view, and drawbacks sure there may be something, but whatever, you're going to have an amazing time.

I am of the camp you can't go wrong....  

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We love the aft balconies, but some people don’t like the long walk.

Long walk?  On the RHAPSODY?  LOL.  There are no long walks on a Vision class ship.  😉  😄 

JMO, of course.  YMMV. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We had a similar cabin on Legend and loved everything about it. We could hear the beat of the music from the lounge below but not enough to disturb us, and I'm VERY sensitive to noise

• Like 1

Bill, loved the video!!  I am so happy with all the positive reviews. We went for it.

Cool cruiser, that is diff creepy.  But on a positive maybe they found you adorable

chillin on your balcony!😉 Now I will be looking up a lot.  LOL!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Bill, loved the video!!  I am so happy with all the positive reviews. We went for it.

Cool cruiser, that is diff creepy.  But on a positive maybe they found you adorable

chillin on your balcony!😉 Now I will be looking up a lot.  LOL!

Excellent choice!! We've made the decision that from now on it'll be balcony or above or no cruising at all. We've had an inside once and never again. We've done an outside twice before kids and it was bearable but no longer worth it just in case there's a quarantine situation........

On 5/9/2021 at 3:42 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Long walk?  On the RHAPSODY?  LOL.  There are no long walks on a Vision class ship.  😉  😄 

JMO, of course.  YMMV. 😉 

To me they aren't long otherwise I wouldn't book them. I could definitely use the walking anyway. 😁  I have read other people on here complain about the long walk. Maybe they were complaining about a different class ship? I don't remember. 🤷‍♀️

On 5/9/2021 at 4:45 AM, kelbell said:

I'm thinking of changing cabins from an Ocean view (have never had one on RCC, always booked

balcony's) We have never been on Rhapsody, so booked an Ocean view 4 nights) I saw an Aft

#7156 for under $477pp. I have it on hold please help me decide. 12/14/21 sailing.

Thank you.

Book it Kel Bell 👍🙂