Alaska 2021 Progress

We were supposed to go out of Vancouver on Serenade at the end of August.  Now we have to wait and see if they'll move us to Seattle and sail or if they'll just cancel those sailings that were scheduled out of Vancouver.  Either way, it's nice to hear that we're getting closer to sailing again.  

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

B.C. now worried that this temporary lifting of the PVSA allowing ships to bypass Canada will become permanent:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-us-cruise-law-could-have-severe-consequences-for-bc-port-communities/

Doubtful.  The legislation was very specific with regards to ships and dates.  

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Wouldn't that be something😇

Yes -- some said (on this CC forum as well) that it would never happen, not even a temporary lift of the PVSA. All it needs now is Biden's signature and it's a done deal (temporarily).  

"After brushing off the legislation as a “blip” that wasn’t likely to pass quickly, B.C. Premier John Horgan said Tuesday he was lining up meetings with U.S. officials to talk about it."

I will admit that I did not expect this to get passed in time for a 2021 season.  It is amazing how fast congress can move when they want to.  I do not see any reason Biden would not sign it.  I now believe that the CDC and the cruise industry can work out a start-up plan.   The one other piece to put in place is Governor Inslee approving the opening of the Port of Seattle to the big ships.

• Like 1

So which ship will Royal bring to Seattle for 2021?

Announcement said RC Group so could be =X= I suppose.

Could there be Panama Canal transits too?

Edited by pspercy

46 minutes ago, xsteph1022x said:

Michael Bayley 16m · The light continues to shine ! Serenade of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas will sail to Alaska in July and August ! Details to follow

3 dates for Aug are already listed on the website for the Ovation.

As a solo traveler, I would never pay the prices they are asking,  especially since my 8 night next May is $1000 less.

Edited by crzndeb

The passing of the Alaska Tourism Recovery Act through both the House and the Senate will provide temporary relief from the Passenger Vessel Services Act and open the opportunity for cruises to return to the Last Frontier as early as this summer! We’re ecstatic with this news and appreciate the many travel industry advocates who have expressed unwavering support for this crucial bill. More importantly, the port communities and small businesses in Alaska, who have been severely impacted by the loss of cruise traffic, are now seeing a long-awaited glimmer of hope. This bucket list vacation destination is BACK!

Get your clients ready to earn their wilderness badges as they explore Alaska this summer. Royal Caribbean® returns to Alaska with two fan favorites sailing from Seattle. Adventures on Serenade of the Seas® begin July 19, 2021 from her new homeport of Seattle, and the biggest ship in the region, Ovation of the Seas®, returns August 13, 2021. It’s time to take on the untamed thrills of the Last Frontier.

Your clients can plan their Alaska cruise with peace of mind knowing that all crew members and vacationers 16 years of age or older will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone 12 or older after August 1, 2021. Those underage will receive a test prior to sailing. These measures are part of our commitment to the health and safety of every guest, crew member and community visited. The measures will be evaluated and updated as public health circumstances evolve.

To ensure full preparedness, the tough decision has been made to cancel the following sailings:

SHIP CANCELED SAIL DATES
Radiance of the Seas July 2 - September 24, 2021
Serenade of the Seas July 4 & 11, 2021
Ovation of the Seas July 2 - August 6, 2021

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:
The passing of the Alaska Tourism Recovery Act through both the House and the Senate will provide temporary relief from the Passenger Vessel Services Act and open the opportunity for cruises to return to the Last Frontier as early as this summer! We’re ecstatic with this news and appreciate the many travel industry advocates who have expressed unwavering support for this crucial bill. More importantly, the port communities and small businesses in Alaska, who have been severely impacted by the loss of cruise traffic, are now seeing a long-awaited glimmer of hope. This bucket list vacation destination is BACK!

Get your clients ready to earn their wilderness badges as they explore Alaska this summer. Royal Caribbean® returns to Alaska with two fan favorites sailing from Seattle. Adventures on Serenade of the Seas® begin July 19, 2021 from her new homeport of Seattle, and the biggest ship in the region, Ovation of the Seas®, returns August 13, 2021. It’s time to take on the untamed thrills of the Last Frontier.

Your clients can plan their Alaska cruise with peace of mind knowing that all crew members and vacationers 16 years of age or older will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone 12 or older after August 1, 2021. Those underage will receive a test prior to sailing. These measures are part of our commitment to the health and safety of every guest, crew member and community visited. The measures will be evaluated and updated as public health circumstances evolve.

To ensure full preparedness, the tough decision has been made to cancel the following sailings:

SHIP CANCELED SAIL DATES
Radiance of the Seas July 2 - September 24, 2021
Serenade of the Seas July 4 & 11, 2021
Ovation of the Seas July 2 - August 6, 2021

Love to see those dates of cancellations for Harmony that Radiance got. 🙂 Would be one happy camper here........Please send Harmony somehwere else?  lol

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

3 dates for Aug are already listed on the website for the Ovation.

As a solo traveler, I would never pay the prices they are asking,  especially since my 8 night next May is $1000 less.

There are also two dates for the Ovation in September.

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Love to see those dates of cancellations for Harmony that Radiance got. 🙂 Would be one happy camper here........Please send Harmony somehwere else?  lol

I'm sure many folks disagree and want Harmony to sail in Europe.  Why don't you rebook for next year if you don't want to sail on her?

1 minute ago, ryansmum said:

I'm sure many folks disagree and want Harmony to sail in Europe.  Why don't you rebook for next year if you don't want to sail on her?

Want to have the option of L &S should it be canceled to protect my price on OS Cabin.

1st cruise to Europe, not going with conditions like this on ship, plus the long air flight and the big thing, not having the freedom at the ports we stop at that usually have in these countries.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Unfortunately I think Harmony will end up sailing...possibly a modified itinerary.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

1st cruise to Europe, not going with conditions like this on ship, plus the long air flight and the big thing, not having the freedom at the ports we stop at that usually have in these countries.

Those concerns are quickly changing for the better. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Want to have the option of L &S should it be canceled to protect my price on OS Cabin.

No guarantees they will offer L&S.  I can understand conditions may be different this year and who knows for next. Prices I've seen for Allure next year look ok

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately I think Harmony will end up sailing...possibly a modified itinerary.

Hopefully then with the option to cancel, I know for sure they could sell my cabin for more then I am paying for it.........Maybe my travel agent can talk them into letting us L&S to 2022. Probably get more for it this year , then next year.

1 minute ago, ryansmum said:

No guarantees they will offer L&S.  I can understand conditions may be different this year and who knows for next. Prices I've seen for Allure next year look ok

$3800 with $525 OBC for a an Owner Suite good?