The Daily for Wednesday May 26, 2021

richwmn

😔Watching news on all stations about shooting in San Jose. Prayers to all families!🙏

Thank You for the Daily, the Care and the Celebration List. @richwmn @kazu @rafinmd

Before the pandemic, we were "gym rats" and slowly the facility is opening. Now, for now I'll do my PT exercises until recovered. 

🙏Sending prayers for all in need.🙏

Katie

• Like 17

Good morning, gardening day for me, too.  I need to go to the garden store and get a few ground covers to plant in the areas I stripped away the ivy in the rockery.  Then, I'll continue battling the ivy...

So sorry about the health worries of so many Dailyites!  Prayers for everyone, those on the list, @kazu, @smitty34877, @StLouisCruisers.

We had some good news yesterday.  The 4-step reopening plan for BC was announced.  Starting now, we can go back to small indoor exercise groups.  They must have heard it was the day for it!  Now we have to get the approval of our strata council and we can start up again.    But full freedom will not come until September (if everything goes well), when hopefully we will be able to travel.  It has been a disappointment that the cruise ships won't be able to visit us, but just as well to keep everyone safe.  

I'm not supposed to tell you, but Pat will be 85 next Monday - definitely a senior.  We will have missed out on two years of cruising by the time all this is over, so I'm telling him, in cruise years he'll only be 83.  

1a515b9c.jpg.a2d0d7011c29182274c7d142a22f3fc7.jpg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Today is DGD next to the last day of school and tomorrow, the last day, is a half day. I am so happy that I won’t have to set my alarm to get up to take her to school. For some reason I just don’t sleep as well when I have an alarm set. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy and Jacqui. @kazu you can take me off the list, I see the ENT doctor in a month and will report back about my ear then. 

@StLouisCruisers and @smitty34877 prayers for both your families. 

@atexsix don’t stress about that post, some are just quick to correct and sometimes not in a nice way. That’s one reason why I love the Daily, we aren’t like that here. 

I’ll celebrate all of the days today. The meal suggestion sounds good too. Today I need to work on my menu for our mountain cabin getaway, we leave in a week. I have it pretty much all figured out but need to make sure I have all the ingredients for each meal, we can’t just hop to the grocery store if we forget something. 

The wine sounds really good and I’ll have to look for it at Total Wine. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser thank you for your pictures of today’s port. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

My theory (and I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere on Cruise Critic, so if it was from one of you, my apologies for stealing your thoughts.  I tried to find it again and of course couldn't ...):   Port Everglades is expecting at least one passenger ship in (and back out) every day this week.  Celebrity Edge is due in (anytime now) and then out again today; Celebrity Summit and Caribbean Princess tomorrow; Celebrity Equinox on Friday; Nieuw Statendam on Saturday; and Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Edge (again) on Sunday.  I think the crews are coming in to be vaccinated.  Just my opinion (with fingers crossed !).

• Like 16

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I'm happy to hear that your brother's doctors are working to get his procedure approved.   My niece once did medical billing and said stuff like this happens all the time.   She had one claim that was rejected because they said she put the wrong code on it.  So, she went to their website, looked up the correct code and resubmitted it.  They rejected that and said it was the wrong code.   She called them and told them she got the code off their website and they said yes, it was incorrect on their website.  She asked what the correct code was and they gave the first code she had used.  When she brought that up to them, they apologized and said it happens.  So, she told them she had changed the code back to the correct one they had just given her and resubmitted it.  They then told her that since it had been submitted twice already that if she wanted the claim considered the patient had to request it.  The patient was 92 with dementia.  The doctor ended up writing off the amount of the claim.  

😱

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I was at an appointment for the last several hours and just returned.  Time for lunch.  My twin should be at the hospital now with Nancy so I hope I hear something soon.  She can't just call me and talk about Nancy right in front of her so we will talk about this all later.  Thanks for the many wonderful wishes and prayers being sent to her.  I hope it's helping!

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear of Tana's illness.  I have heard a lot of stories about the long haulers.  Sending prayers for her too.🙏

One tiny shred of good news today is the twin babies expected in October are going to be boys!  Those will by Nancy's great grandchildren so we need to remind her of the impending blessed event and see if that helps with her healing.👶👶

@Quartzsite Cruiserthank you for your photos of Guam.  It looks very nice there and I would enjoy seeing it someday on a cruise.  🤞

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Sending extra prayers today for @StLouisCruiserssister Nancy, and @smitty34877's Tana.  Scary times for both families, my heart goes out to you.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I would like to ditto these extra prayers.  And for everyone on the care list.

Sun is out and am going to get a walk in soon before I organize the car to head back to the coast this afternoon after I get the grandkids home.  Nicer day to travel as tomorrow rain will be back. 

Love the quote.  It is certainly me...I think anyway.   Jacqui, your pictures and posts bring a smile to my face every day.

Haven't been to Guam... my dinner will be a sandwich somewhere as I drive to the coast.  

Have an awesome day everyone.  Stay well and safe.

• Like 16

Thank you so much for all of the prayers and positivity.Tana has been admitted and we don't  know much yet.It has been a long year for her.She did feel somewhat better for a while after the vaccine but not in the last few weeks.The whole family thanks you all for the support. 

@StLouis Cruiser,I  hope you find the answers you need  from your twin.My prayers to the family also. It is a difficult  time. Terry

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you so much for all of the prayers and positivity.Tana has been admitted and we don't  know much yet.It has been a long year for her.She did feel somewhat better for a while after the vaccine but not in the last few weeks.The whole family thanks you all for the support. 

@StLouis Cruiser,I  hope you find the answers you need  from your twin.My prayers to the family also. It is a difficult  time. Terry

Glad to hear she was admitted. Please let us know how she is doing. Praying for you her and your family.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Appreciate Sally Ride Day and Senior Health and Fitness Day. I'm working on the latter, especially being on long term steroids. I never made a paper airplane.

I like the meal (although I don't have a grill) and drinks.

I haven't been to Guam, so I'll visit via pictures from those who have been there.

We're under a severe thunderstorm warning this afternoon, with potential high winds. We need the rain but not any property damage.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad your DB is getting things straightened out. Prayers for your sister.

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana. The long haulers are a mystery and I hope something can be done to help her.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe all.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@kazu Jacqui, I hope the problem the dentist wanted to check is not serious and does not delay the final procedure.

Between DH and myself, we found some more pictures of Guam that might give you a better idea of the island.   in 1972, the last surviving Japanese soldier, Shoichi Yokoi, was found in a cave not far from downtown in a very heavily wooded area..

The Chamorro are the people native to Guam, and the stone pedestals with a flat stone on top  (picture in previous post) are latte or latte stones used as building supports by the ancient Chamorro people.

These are some pictures of the resort area along Tumon Bay, not far from the airport.  There are a lot of high end stores in the area.  For a long time, mainly Japanese came to Guam for their vacations.  In 2018, the predominate tourists were South Koreans.

IMG_4712.thumb.JPG.70b2d65e3060d81c80be60c4afc0cd03.JPG
DSC05828.thumb.JPG.1ac7f0676b85d8b6283e4fcb2e6039ba.JPG
DSC05829.thumb.JPG.b95e87931e727b1378008998ef7c666b.JPG

A few pictures of downtown taken from a view point and gun emplacement overlooking downtown a little further south from the resort area.

IMG_4761.thumb.JPG.91603b0038db9b6aafbffc71786c8b7f.JPG

IMG_4763.thumb.JPG.b9659a6a8290f04a02eea92ded5356ea.JPG

IMG_4765.thumb.JPG.12394b0abb9f90ce87402dbbe67093ee.JPG

IMG_4764.thumb.JPG.31196b535070314b2b6d3e15c841ec5a.JPG

A few more pictures of Asan Landing Beach park.  The torpedo is at the entrance to the park.

IMG_4788.thumb.JPG.60c3376fe50564d7e42c4651a13013e9.JPG
IMG_4787.thumb.JPG.a111fcb23ff68917b8f07d0f9390ae0d.JPG

DSC05869.thumb.JPG.2aeece28e4431864af035d0669f705c9.JPG

IMG_4775.thumb.JPG.3fe1d22acf17fe561401f9ee4fb62ccf.JPG

IMG_4774.thumb.JPG.1f5132beda684cf921ccfabec34648f4.JPG

For a good overview of the invasion of Guam by the U S Marines, the National Park Service Vistor Center s the place to go.  This is the only picture I have of the outside of the  building.

DSC05879.thumb.JPG.d6478f36adbf3c7e165dbf06716837aa.JPG

In 2005, we drove up to the north end of the island and around the tip.   Part of the area is a wildlife refuge and part is Anderson Air Force Base, which is closed to the public.

IMG_4722.thumb.JPG.a1cf41becd4895b4b4dccc49661b93f7.JPG

IMG_4733.thumb.JPG.6850560a3bb7d20c863264ffced8b62c.JPG

IMG_4738.thumb.JPG.0a8af89eb954861cef19c17e513aed0d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Could not resist the siren call of the river. The dog and I took a short cruise on the water.  Photos of the river, and the swallows under the bridge and the friends who came down to the water to greet us. 

6C3AE99D-C624-4D84-8362-7DAE858AD2CE.jpeg

BA775E70-2641-4F67-9ECC-9CF8BDAD91FF.jpeg

19C78E9B-15FC-493B-950F-ED1690EC4E85.jpeg

Edited by lindaler
Spaced the pictures
  • Like 26

I have a romantic attachment to the idea of flying the Micronesia Island Hopper route. Now operated by United, it originated with Continental Air Micronesia and runs from Honolulu to Guam with up to five stops at various islands and atolls: Majuro, Kwajalein, Kosrae, Pohnpei, and Chuuk. It is the only air service to some of them.

Stopovers are possible, either intentional or unintentional (a mechanic travels aboard, with spare parts for the aircraft), except at Kwajalein, a U.S. military base where passengers can't even leave the plane without government permission. The other stops are in the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia and some passengers leave the plane just because they want to have their passports stamped.

It is a very long trip, about 16 hours, compared to the nonstop flight between Honolulu and Guam. I am only attached to the idea of it; I don't think I would actually like it at all.

island hopper route

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  
Sending extra prayers for Tana and Nancy!   Hope  it’s just a precaution Jacqui! 
What  a week,   Our elderly former long time next door neighbor passed away,  and my SIL has been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, awaiting her appointment with surgeon.   Fingers crossed it hasn’t spread!  
I’m hoping we can soon be planning other distractions! 

7B05A1C3-FE5D-41CA-B782-D09ED09AAA39.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm not supposed to tell you, but Pat will be 85 next Monday - definitely a senior.

Congrats to Pat.  And a very happy birthday to him 🎂 🥳 

You can tell him for me that he sure doesn’t look it.  I’m astounded.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@kazu you can take me off the list, I see the ENT doctor in a month and will report back about my ear then

Thanks Sharon.  Nice to see you are hopefully improving and I hope the doctor can quickly vanquish the issue.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Our elderly former long time next door neighbor passed away,  and my SIL has been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, awaiting her appointment with surgeon.   Fingers crossed it hasn’t spread!  

Oh I am so sorry to hear this, Brenda 😢 

I so hope the surgeon can help 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

Too much bad news, so I will add some good.  Back from the periodontist and a very “ouch” exam.  It’s most likely the way the gum has formed after the last implant was brought down.  I’ll have to put up with it and do the usual stuff to help it.  Not infected so my procedure can go ahead next Tuesday.  My periodontist said he could literally feel the blood pressure go down in the room.  LOL. 

• Like 22

26 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
Sending extra prayers for Tana and Nancy!   Hope  it’s just a precaution Jacqui! 
What  a week,   Our elderly former long time next door neighbor passed away,  and my SIL has been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, awaiting her appointment with surgeon.   Fingers crossed it hasn’t spread!  
I’m hoping we can soon be planning other distractions! 

7B05A1C3-FE5D-41CA-B782-D09ED09AAA39.jpeg

Definitely a horrific week. Prayers for your SIL and your neighbor, the family and your neighborhood. 

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, kazu said:

Too much bad news, so I will add some good.  Back from the periodontist and a very “ouch” exam.  It’s most likely the way the gum has formed after the last implant was brought down.  I’ll have to put up with it and do the usual stuff to help it.  Not infected so my procedure can go ahead next Tuesday.  My periodontist said he could literally feel the blood pressure go down in the room.  LOL. 

Glad you will be able to get your procedure done soon.  Not fun to have tooth issues. 

• Like 12