Celebrity is offering discounts for retired or active military, original's required?

norwega

Has anyone asked for the military discount?  We're scheduled for 3 10+ days cruises in Aqua Class and the discount would be $100 for each of us.  DH is not interested in taking his original DD214 at the risk of losing it.  Surely there's a way to access the credit without the original?  Perhaps a copy from the Veteran's Association?  

Thanks, 

ugh, so just to confirm, you've received this credit and not been required to have the original on your person at time of check in prior to boarding?  I get frustrated with my current, soon to be former, travel agent giving me incorrect info! 

Washington offers licenses with veteran’s endorsement. And you can request a printable card from the VA at https://www.vets.gov/veteran-id-card/

And, no, I’ve never been asked for my military or retiree ID. They can ask for it, and I think one cruise line (Princess?) does a one time verification and you’re good, and having proof makes sense. 

well... I am a newbie to Celebrity... cruised many times on other lines, but never Celebrity.

So I just booked my first Celebrity cruise.  My son is a veteran, when I called the Celebrity vacation planner, we were given a military discount on the booking..  No questions asked, no paperwork required, no validation needed.

Edited by Barsnikel

On 5/28/2021 at 6:22 PM, norwega said:

ugh, so just to confirm, you've received this credit and not been required to have the original on your person at time of check in prior to boarding?  I get frustrated with my current, soon to be former, travel agent giving me incorrect info! 

I always ask the the military discount and receive it. I've never provided a copy of my DD214. I would if asked. 

3 minutes ago, retired dude said:

Wonder if retired police officers will ever be included in this plan?

Changes come from suggestions ... make a call, you might get our people in Blue included moving forward.

• Like 1

• We offer reduced senior prices only on selected sailings exclusively for guests who are 55 years of age and older. 
  • We also offer special rates for police and firefighters on select ships and sailings. 
  • We do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel.
  • It is important that at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be considered in compliance with a restricted price program. It is also important to note that noncompliance of the restricted price program terms will result in the reservation being re-priced to the lowest available fare for that particular day. Furthermore, you will be responsible to pay for any differences immediately or else your boarding rights will be denied.

The above is from the "Special Pricing" policy of Royal Caribbean, which includes X. The discounts can vary and I have received varying amounts over the years. Important to note, when other promotions/discounts are offered they can be negated by choosing one of the above special rates. Not always the least expensive way to go. 

I have never been asked for proof of military service. My drivers license notes "Veteran" and I have a Veterans Administration ID, both of which I carry with me at all times. Also, the military discount applies to active, retired and honorably discharged.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2