Summit/Millenium swap theory???

NanaPam00

18 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Can you imagine what it was like when Celebrity first figured out that they were going to have to switch ships?

The Millennium/Summit roll calls are going to be jacked up.

It would make for a unique photo opportunity if they could get Summit and Millennium to cross the Canal simultaneously.

At least the cabin layouts are the same.

• Like 1

The Summit was in Fort Lauderdale most of this past weekend. She is now in the Bahamas. She sat at anchor outside of Port Everglades for quite some time. It was good advertisement for Celebrity; she looked awesome. 

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Waiting for CD Sue Denning to update her Instagram. 
Will she still be sailing in Alaska(Millennium).

Or Summit.

Her last post said she was flying to Alaska to join Summit.  

Have heard a lot of positives about Sue. Never sailed with her, so would look forward to seeing her if she is on the Summit.

6 hours ago, stylishgypsie said:

I received notification from celebrity that Milli is going to Alaska and we are now on the Summit out of St Marteen

Me too. The only confusing thing was the part about the itinerary change. The original itinerary that they show in the letter isn’t our itinerary. I imagine it’s a generic email and I should ignore that part since it doesn’t apply to us.

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Have heard a lot of positives about Sue. Never sailed with her, so would look forward to seeing her if she is on the Summit.

Those positives are all well-deserved and then some.  She's really fabulous.

21 hours ago, Locobill49 said:

Where the heck is Icy Straight Point, Alaska? I am so upset that they dropped Skagway. We wanted to take the train ride.

For us Icy Point Strait was the best port in Alaska.  It is beautiful & rugged, just the way you should picture Alaska, plus it’s the only place we saw a whale.

22 minutes ago, Lopsyl88 said:

According to the Celebrity website first Summit sailing is July 3.

So, on 7/3 the Millie sails in, dumps the passengers, and heads to the Canal, and the Summit heads into the berth and loads the new set of passengers.  Does that sound right? 

I was just watching a live stream of Millie first sailing.   The travel professional doing the stream was asked the question about the swap.   His opinion was that they would be cancelling the July 3 sailing.  So keep an eye out.  They should definitely compensate you nicely if this is the case.   This whole mess was nobody's fault except their own.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was just watching a live stream of Millie first sailing.   The travel professional doing the stream was asked the question about the swap.   His opinion was that they would be cancelling the July 3 sailing.  So keep an eye out.  They should definitely compensate you nicely if this is the case.   This whole mess was nobody's fault except their own.

I wonder why?  The Summit is in the area, with almost a month to get ready.  They should, I think be able to just swap them out on 7/3 when the 6/26 cruise comes back in.