The Daily for Wednesday Jun 02, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I officially canceled my Rotterdam premier today, (final payment was extended to 60 days) I now have a FCC. 

Sorry to hear that but I totally understand you’re reasoning.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Thanks Jacqui for the explanation about Kamloops.  Yesterday our church rang 215 bells in memory of these children.   

I took a picture of one of my tulips for the garden club! 
image.thumb.jpeg.a155c7888a1bcb1bc4d8691339721d6f.jpeg

Lovely, Brenda!

• Like 9

Good afternoon/evening!  Thank you to all those who post here at the Daily.

The port photos are wonderful today -- so colorful.  I've not been there, so appreciate them all the more.

@ger_77 , we need to have ice cream together, as our flavor priorities are the same.  👍

We still have out-of-town guests in and out, so enjoying our visiting.  It's so great to feel semi-normal again!

Sending prayers to those who are having difficulties and very best wishes to all.  🌻

• Like 14

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.f8a2384385b467c8502c22b51ee92890.jpeg

@cat shepard My East Coast sister!

❤️You Ann!

image.jpeg.fb6c869f21f8cd56f075091299078ef0.jpeg
@Seasick Sailor

My sweet middle sister In Georgetown!

❤️Love you Joy!

WOW I appreciate you thinking of me like that! I have had a good ride and so enjoyed my time!!

I had a very early appt. this am for my annual mammogram. And off to Shawn’s for the day.

Beautiful pictures from all!! So appreciate 

the beauty as well as the flowers! Thank you!

I am a true Rocky Road fan!!!!

I have a crock pot making chicken tortilla 

soup!! One of Shawn’s favorites! Got the recipe from Crate and Barrel and it is so good with serving with sliced avocados Mexican cheese and tortillas! Will be having margaritas too!😳

Love to all and Just wanted to say we took Paisley down to Shelter Island for a walk and as we were going past San Diego Airport I saw in a line a United, Frontier, JetBlue, and Southwest in line to fly!! Of all this made me start crying!!! David started laughing and I said I am emotional just to see them flying again!

🌺🌺CRUISING HERE WE ALL COME🌺

image.jpeg.5ef9e7e19ec998fa35900c8d54ad70b9.jpeg
🦷🦷To my huge CC family here on THE DAILY!

Just thank you for being you!!

Denise😊

• Like 21

@rafinmd, I like to live on the edge, so I’m going to give the algorithms a run for their money.  

I live in Tulsa, and am grateful that in the last few years the terrible history of ***** and Black Wall Street is getting more attention.  I lived here for quite some time before I even heard of it!  Why in the world any of those particular words find themselves on a naughty list is beyond me.

Roy, thank you for including it in your list, and I hope you are feeling so much better!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

😮I still need to be on the Care List because in addition to the shoulder and arm surgery almost a month ago...

today I had a cast put on for the fracture in my wrist....what next? I'd been telling my PT that I had pain and couldn't do specific exercises for my hand.

This is a first for me! Up until the accident happened, I was an active person. Now, I have to practice patience. 🙃 We all need to be our own advocate for ourselves when we know something is not right...my case was the wrist.

Thank you CC Family for your concern. 💕

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😮I still need to be on the Care List because in addition to the shoulder and arm surgery almost a month ago...

today I had a cast put on for the fracture in my wrist....what next? I'd been telling my PT that I had pain and couldn't do specific exercises for my hand.

This is a first for me! Up until the accident happened, I was an active person. Now, I have to practice patience. 🙃 We all need to be our own advocate for ourselves when we know something is not right...my case was the wrist.

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

So sorry to hear this but I hope this will lead to better healing.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

Oh dear Katie.  Hang in there.  Casts are no fun but they do help with healing.  Yours looks lighter than the one I had which would be a blessing unto itself 😉.  Seriously if it does it’s work, that’s the main thing.  What a shame about your wrist 😢 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, and to Jacqui and Roy for the lists.  

Have not been to today's port, thanks for all the photos.

Good news today for the South Island, the Ashburton bridge has now re-opened for trucks between 7 am -10pm, so supplies will be able to be transported to shops here in the south, and hopefully return to "normal".

Expecting 15 C here today, high cloud.

Take care everyone.

• Like 15

39 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

🌺Katie!!! So sorry about this. Patience is a hard thing when one is active! I know!! A big virtual hug and prayers your way girl!!

Denise😊

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

Sorry to hear about your wrist, for how long will you need the cast?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

Oh no...another cast!  Cruising-along's DGS, my DGD, and now you, Katie!  Things really do come in threes!  No more casts allowed here.  😡

Take it easy, enjoy your rest time, and it will be off soon.  Hugs to you!  💐  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, garlictown said:

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

7 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oh no...another cast!  Cruising-along's DGS, my DGD, and now you, Katie!  Things really do come in threes!  No more casts allowed here.  😡

Take it easy, enjoy your rest time, and it will be off soon.  Hugs to you!  💐  

Oh nooo!  I'm so sorry!  Enough with the casts and injuries!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

A quick hello before lights out here.

A productive day.  A great loss of firewood stacked for drying. Trailer is packed and ready to roll tomorrow morning.

We will be unplugged until Sunday morning!  Books are on devices and ready to read. 
Thanks to all the pictures of Phu My and HCM.  We enjoyed our stop there. 
Prayers and cheers to those on the lists.  Have a wonderful rest of the week.  Looking forward to catching up with everything posted here on Sunday.

stay well and safe.

• Like 9

🙄Medical terms: nondisplaced transverse fracture through the distal pole of scaphoid. 

Not quite sure how long cast will be on @erewhon?

6-12 weeks?🙃

My second follow-up visit to the orthopedic surgeon is on June 15.

PT on Thursday and who knows what she'll be able to do for my shoulder and arm in terms of exercises????? 

😴Getting late here in California and Thank You all for the get well wishes,

💗Katie

345906-Snoopy-Good-Night.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, garlictown said:

🙄Medical terms: nondisplaced transverse fracture through the distal pole of scaphoid. 

Not quite sure how long cast will be on @erewhon?

6-12 weeks?🙃

My second follow-up visit to the orthopedic surgeon is on June 15.

PT on Thursday and who knows what she'll be able to do for my shoulder and arm in terms of exercises????? 

😴Getting late here in California and Thank You all for the get well wishes,

💗Katie

345906-Snoopy-Good-Night.jpg

Thanks for your reply, hope it heals well for you. 

Big fan of Snoopy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

Good news today for the South Island, the Ashburton bridge has now re-opened for trucks between 7 am -10pm, so supplies will be able to be transported to shops here in the south, and hopefully return to "normal".

Wonderful to hear!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, garlictown said:

Katie 

20210602_164407.jpg

Good grief, Katie!

BTW, I have adopted a different meaning for the heart (like) emoticon. I use it to show I care.  So please do NOT think I like the fact that your wrist is in a cast. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1