Crew Incentives

cruzsnooze

53 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Wow, what a change of thought!

How does treating them with respect and care, or treating them as  professionals politely and courteously show you care?  This is just common decency, normal for me.  A little extra bread on the table shows you care.

Treats are okay, but with cash, they can get exactly what they like.  We do bring some good local sourdough bread to hand out.  That is unique, not something they can get at Wal-Mart.

I was just trying to justify a little extra personal tip, whether the get to keep it or not is between them and their employer, but I have made the gesture.  What they do with it is none of my business.

Enough for me, I will not get further into a pissing match with people that change the subject.

I will bet that they are looking forward to some good local sourdough bread.   Being mostly from Asian countries, they have grown up to appreciate sourdough bread.

DON

4 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Know you cared?  Treat them with respect, that shows you care. Don't be demanding or demeaning, that shows you are kind and care. Bring them some junk food back from shore, Cheeto's are the favorite along  with Hershey Bars. These "tips" are not required to go into the pool. 

Most parts of the world Hershey Bars are considered an insult to chocolate and an insult to the person receiving them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Providing the incentive is not part of a plus or other promotional fare and is being charged directly to your on board account you have the option to remove the crew incentive.

If you do book with Princess plus pricing, then the crew incentive is included and you do not have the option to remove it when you are on board.

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Regardless of any changes, everyone's current status will be grandfathered. 

Status may be grandfathered, but the benefits at each status level may not be.

So, for possible example, you might remain elite, but no longer have a laundry benefit.

12 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

And who ever you do give the extra tip to will know that you appreciate them since you made the effort to give them the extra tip. It may be watered down by the time they get it, but they know you cared. 

And if you really want them to know you care, write them up as a person who made your cruise extra special.

Once on a ship, there was a server who I really wanted to give that write up to. I called her over and told her. I also told her I had a problem. I needed to know her name to do that, but did not want to have to blatantly stare at her chest where her name tag was. She gave me the spelling, and in fact quizzed me a few times after that to make sure I knew the spelling. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Wow, what a change of thought!

How does treating them with respect and care, or treating them as  professionals politely and courteously show you care?  This is just common decency, normal for me.  A little extra bread on the table shows you care.

Treats are okay, but with cash, they can get exactly what they like.  We do bring some good local sourdough bread to hand out.  That is unique, not something they can get at Wal-Mart.

I was just trying to justify a little extra personal tip, whether the get to keep it or not is between them and their employer, but I have made the gesture.  What they do with it is none of my business.

Enough for me, I will not get further into a pissing match with people that change the subject.

You can’t be serious. Sourdough bread?  The old lady across the street bakes us a loaf almost every week. It goes directly into the garbage. We don’t want to hurt her feelings, bless her heart. 

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Once on a ship, there was a server who I really wanted to give that write up to. I called her over and told her. I also told her I had a problem. I needed to know her name to do that, but did not want to have to blatantly stare at her chest where her name tag was. She gave me the spelling, and in fact quizzed me a few times after that to make sure I knew the spelling. 

One thing I enjoy ... when I get the survey on the last morning of the cruise, before I have disembarked...

If there was someone who was helpful, I ask them to help me write in something about them on the survey,

on my phone...

I have got to admit, this thread has given me a subject/topic to converse on while seated with my fellow vacationers next fall.  I'll start it of with "have ya ever heard of....."  🤭

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And if you really want them to know you care, write them up as a person who made your cruise extra special.

And actually even though the cruise was in July 2018, I still remember her name. Honeyeyeo

8 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

On this site, a lot is hypothetical. Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see. lol

The tier changes are coming very very soon as told to me by someone in corp.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I have heard that this is MORE important to the crew than even tips. Apparently, this goes into reviews and potential bonuses. Since I heard that, I try very hard to at least write down the names of those special crew members. You can note them in the survey you receive after you get home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

I have got to admit, this thread has given me a subject/topic to converse on while seated with my fellow vacationers next fall.  I'll start it of with "have ya ever heard of....."  🤭

Reminds me of the difference between a Sea Story and a Fairytale...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I have heard that this is MORE important to the crew than even tips. Apparently, this goes into reviews and potential bonuses. Since I heard that, I try very hard to at least write down the names of those special crew members. You can note them in the survey you receive after you get home.

Or generally you can turn in the names at the purser's desk, sometimes called customer service. They generally have a form to do that.

And yes, they really do appreciate that. It costs you nothing, but is very beneficial to the person you praise.

7 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The commendation cards are very important to the crew. A couple of years ago we went on two cruises with only a few weeks between them. At the end of the first cruise I put in a commendation card for our waiters and cabin steward. At the start of the second cruise, the waiter saw me in the Horizon Court. He came across the room and thanked me for the card I had put in at the end of the previous cruise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The commendation cards are very important to the crew. A couple of years ago we went on two cruises with only a few weeks between them. At the end of the first cruise I put in a commendation card for our waiters and cabin steward. At the start of the second cruise, the waiter saw me in the Horizon Court. He came across the room and thanked me for the card I had put in at the end of the previous cruise.

Yes, and the server in the buffet that I mentioned in previous posts that I gave a positive write up to made sure my lemonade glass was always full. She did keep quizzing me on the spelling of her name. LOL

It's official..... cruising has resumed! The tipping, crew incentive, change of status posts, and I heard from a good source posts are back. 

I for one am pleasantly surprised that the "crew incentive" daily rate did not increase with everything considered during the last year+.