Absolutely Disgusted by Royal Caribbean

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wish your friend a speedy recovery.  That is so wrong that he has to 30 days for a dr appt.  I would go to another doctor or hospital if I was him.

Thank you!  He has only been able to do Zoom Calls, which is sad within itself.  In the meantime, he has lost 40 pounds and his depression is getting the worst of him.  He was bullied into getting the vaccine when he didn't want it but his mom was dying (cancer) and the only way the other family members would allow him to see her was if he got the jab.   

Edited by Colorado Babe

2 hours ago, takeabreath3 said:

"Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday that he banned state agencies, political subdivisions and organizations receiving public funds from creating "vaccine passports" or otherwise requiring someone to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccine in order to receive services.

This comes as vaccine credentials, often referred to as vaccine passports, are being developed around the world as a way to quickly prove someone's vaccination status. It has become a fierce debate, with Republicans largely opposing the move, saying it is an infringement on individual freedoms and privacy. Supporters, including a number of private companies, point to the passports as a way to confidently return to activities and ensure safety at workplaces.

A handful of GOP-backed bills have been introduced in states across the U.S. aiming to restrict entities from requiring vaccines for their employees, including in Texas. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis also prohibited state agencies from using vaccine passports but went a step further and said no business can require their customers to display them."

Can you please tell me where it says that Texas passed the LAW that Cruise Lines are not allowed to ask for proof of vaxed?  The LAW that Desantis passed in Florida has absolutely nothing to do with the Lawsuit against the CDC.  As you can see from the above exert the BAN in Texas only applies to Government agencies............last I checked RCL is not a Government agency.

Come on guys, again take a deep breath and chill.  Let's just wait and see what happens in the next several months.  At some point in time (and hopefully in the very near future) the fact that you are vaxed or not vaxed will be a mute point.

Sea ya all on the Sea, Judy

It doesn't but that won't stop certain people from projecting their dislike of Gov. Abbot and conflating FL law and TX law.  If this was about the FL law Royal would be more than able to require vaccines in TX, NJ, LA, MA, MD and CA.  There is no indication that that is happening.  They are only requiring it in WA and that is because of the law passed by WA requires them to. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruiserking said:

The point is as a vaccinated passenger we should be able to walk freely around the ship without social distancing or masks.

And you believe this is so based on what information?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, takeabreath3 said:

"Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday that he banned state agencies, political subdivisions and organizations receiving public funds from creating "vaccine passports" or otherwise requiring someone to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccine in order to receive services.

This comes as vaccine credentials, often referred to as vaccine passports, are being developed around the world as a way to quickly prove someone's vaccination status. It has become a fierce debate, with Republicans largely opposing the move, saying it is an infringement on individual freedoms and privacy. Supporters, including a number of private companies, point to the passports as a way to confidently return to activities and ensure safety at workplaces.

A handful of GOP-backed bills have been introduced in states across the U.S. aiming to restrict entities from requiring vaccines for their employees, including in Texas. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis also prohibited state agencies from using vaccine passports but went a step further and said no business can require their customers to display them."

Can you please tell me where it says that Texas passed the LAW that Cruise Lines are not allowed to ask for proof of vaxed?  The LAW that Desantis passed in Florida has absolutely nothing to do with the Lawsuit against the CDC.  As you can see from the above exert the BAN in Texas only applies to Government agencies............last I checked RCL is not a Government agency.

Come on guys, again take a deep breath and chill.  Let's just wait and see what happens in the next several months.  At some point in time (and hopefully in the very near future) the fact that you are vaxed or not vaxed will be a mute point.

Sea ya all on the Sea, Judy

Thank you. 

There are sooooo many posters that are working with absolutely false data on cruising. Even booking cruises with bad info. So if you booked a cruise based on a fully vaccined ship out of a US poort, you were gullible to someone's BS. And now you come on to this board ranting and raving about your NEXT year's cruises. You abasolutely have no idea what protocals  will be in plce next year. But my all means.... do cancel! I hope it costs you money for your foolish behavior. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Nobody knows. All that has been said is the tiny little change in wording:

"guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible."

"Those who are unvaccinated or unable to verify vaccination will be required to undergo testing and follow other protocols, which will be announced at a later date."

And even that implies there will be different protocols for vaccinated vs unvaccinated passengers.

Thank you!  I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.  Vaccinated will not be subject to the same rules as unvaccinated! This straw man they keep building and tearing down is getting wearying.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ronandcarla said:

'We totally agree with your entire statement.  We haven't been on a cruise for about 7 or 8 years and had every intention to start up again this coming Feb-Mar time period and when we heard this news that RCCL changed their  Covid 19  vaccination proof requirement to meet Gov DeSantis' ridiculous political law we changed our mind and decided to wait and see how it goes.  I'm so hoping that Disney with all of their power will require the vaccination proof and at that time DeSantis will come to his senses and amend his political law.

Why would Disney change their policy NOW.  They have been open for a year without a need for this policy?  SMH.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

True.....we walk around un-vaxxed people all the time ON LAND. That is a whole different ball game. On a ship, we are not able to leave the ship at will. That is like comparing apples to oranges.

And, this my friends is why you ALWAYS  book the largest and most expensive outside room you can afford!  You can always go back to your room just in case a non-vaxxer ruins the cruise.  Or, maybe it was that non-vaxxed vendor in St. Thomas you encountered?  Do you REALLY know how stupid you've all made it sound? What if...what if...what if...  It's 2021...get on with it or stay home. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I wish folks would stop posting inaccurate information.  Our dear friend got the Covid jab (Moderna) and got COVID after his second one (March).  He was very ill and continues to get even worst.  He has been waiting almost 30 days to see a doctor/cardiologist and who knows if he will make it.  He has bruising all over his body and cuts won't heal.  Lots of heart palpitations and other things going on.  You can get COVID after vaccination.  Please, turn off MSM.  

Oh, no. Prayers for your friend.   I am not in the medical field but the bruises and cuts that won’t heal sounds like a low platelet problem. I hope he can get medical help soon!

Edited by BSocial

30 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

So you can't read, or understand science and you want a refund.  You are fully vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated people do not need to worry about getting Covid per the science.  So if you want a refund, because you are scared......just say so.  It would be better than stating it is a breach of contract. You should have never booked if you are still afraid. 

Though it is rare, people who have been fully vaccinated have died from COVID, but that is not my argument. What I am disgusted with is that when we booked, we were specifically told by a Royal agent that all passengers would be vaccinated. If he had not said that, we would not have booked. Also, as I said in my original post, it's the irresponsibility of the move that matters. Maybe the vaccinated will not be in danger, but the other non-vaccinated could very well be as well as the citizens of the many ports that are visited.

• Like 2

Personally, I would prefer to cruise on a ship with fully vaccinated or 95% vaccinated.  However, perhaps Royal's policies on "unvaccinated" cruises will be to entertain families with children under 12.

Also, I understand that Royal will have specific controls for unvaccinated that will discourage their cruising.  I would like to wait and see what Royal's controls for the unvaccinated will be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4774Papa said:

Personally, I would prefer to cruise on a ship with fully vaccinated or 95% vaccinated.  However, perhaps Royal's policies on "unvaccinated" cruises will be to entertain families with children under 12.

Also, I understand that Royal will have specific controls for unvaccinated that will discourage their cruising.  I would like to wait and see what Royal's controls for the unvaccinated will be.

^^^^ He gets it ^^^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

What about all the poor, impoverished countries that the cruise ships will visit that lag far behind in the US in vaccinations?   Unvaccinated selfish cruisers will literally have blood on their hands.  

They can't wait to have cruise ships back because of the money they bring.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

A lot stupid is in this thread which I think is created from the all of fear that has been instilled in people this past year. 

The fear is of unvaxed passenger ruining my vacation if they get sick.. That's it.  I could care less what you, or anyone else does. I had covid and got vaxxed.  The fear is not about my health.

Edited by jptoz

5 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

We are next booked for an Anthem cruise in November (but would join another ship sooner, if possible.)  We, close friends and family, are all vaccinated.  I feel safe going to restaurants and stores and would feel safe on a ship.  I think Royal should state to unvaccinated folks that if they test positive while sailing (which could be a false positive) that they and their traveling companions will be quarantined to their cabins.  Make sure that they know their trip could be greatly affected.  Thoughts?

My belief is that if you choose to not get vaccinated—fine.  But please don’t put others at risk because of what you choose.  Stay home as much as possible until we know for sure that Covid is as good as gone.  Katherine 

You cannot be serious ?..

38 minutes ago, kearney said:

I read that part of the guidance and it was very confusing... now on the AOS sailing with mostly vaccinated... children below certain ages will not.... vaccinated people do not have to mask... but the others do....now it is a lot easier to tell who is and who is not vaccinated in this case.

Tell me... look at this section of the guidance... it looks like on these <95% cruises...that they could designate certain areas for vaccinated only and allow no masking in those areas... is that your reading? What is confusing is that Richard Fain as recently as May 30th said on a video that vaccinated people wouldn't have to mask.... and that does not appear to line up with the mask section of the guidance

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.53.46 PM.png

That is correct, but really find it hard to figure out how they are realistically going to differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated in real time.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

. . . The concern for me and I think for most others here is not about getting sick; the concern is about having our travel ruined because too many unvaccinated passengers leads to too many illnesses on board and then restrictions and cancelled port calls and quarantine...

Exactly. And you know who will complain the loudest when all hell breaks loose? The "all about me" anti-vaxxers.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, kearney said:

Thank you for that... can you provide me the link for CDC guidance for unvaccinated ship... cause I thought this dealt with both... some requirements for unvaccinated and recommendation for the 95%...but if I have the wrong link... I would appreciate the correct one... Thanks in advance. This one was updated May 26th..for reference

He's wrong. You better follow the guidelines issued by RCL. While the CDCmay issue guidelines, they don't own ships. Follow the guidelines of the company you plan to cruise with and understand these guidelines are moving targets. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thank you!  I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.  Vaccinated will not be subject to the same rules as unvaccinated! This straw man they keep building and tearing down is getting wearying.

I must respectfully disagree. The CDC CSO does not allow for differing onboard protocols. They consider the ship either vaccinated or not, mixed is not recognized by the CDC

• Like 1