Revamped Tier Levels Coming Soon

cruzsnooze

20 hours ago, voljeep said:

What is / was / will be the cost for a typical 7 day cruise for internet at the discount rate of 50% off ?

If the pricing has not changed, here is a new table for a SINGLE device option:

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7 $45 n/a $55 $27.50
7 $60 n/a $70 $35.00
8 $70 n/a $75 $37.50
9 $70 n/a $80 $40.00
10 $70 n/a $85 $42.50
11 $75 n/a $90 $45.00
12 $75 n/a $100 $50.00
14 $100 n/a $120 $60.00
15 - 30 $130 n/a $150 $75.00
31+ $180 n/a $200 $100.00

And for FOUR devices:

<7   n/a $110 $55.00
7 $105 n/a $140 $70.00
8 $120 n/a $150 $75.00
9 $135 n/a $160 $80.00
10 $150 n/a $170 $85.00
11 $165 n/a $180 $90.00
12 $180 n/a $200 $100.00
14 $195 n/a $240 $120.00
15 - 30   n/a $300 $150.00
31+ $10/day n/a $400 $200.00

16 hours ago, RRFan said:

What is the “Member Discount” column. Member of what?  

Captain's Circle Platinum & Elite.

15 hours ago, RRFan said:

We are with you. But I do think we all should express our opinions and let them know how we feel. Many of the Elite perks we never used.  It would be nice to have been given a choice of something like “choose 3 of the 6 options” or something.  We did use the free minutes. When they were implementing Medallion net, all Elites got the unlimited for free. I will admit it was nice not to have to worry if we logged off or not.  I would like to see a new level above Elite where maybe totally free WiFi was the benefit (instead of discount & having to buy it).  

I hope they don’t do away with the additional OBC that went with cruises over 21+ too!  

That was a one-off early on - Elites have not been getting free unlimited internet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That was a one-off early on - Elites have not been getting free unlimited internet.

I'm okay with a set number of minutes vs. unlimited. Especially to keep my costs down and allow for me to sail more often.  For many in this thread, the perk was just fine as it was, and if one needed more minutes, buying some wasn't an issue.  Oh well, I guess we will see how things turn out as these changes are rolled out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh I know that.  My point was that we did enjoy not having to logon and off.  But not enough to have paid for the minutes.  What we got was always ample for us.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I just looked at the cabin perks and the complimentary specialty dinner on the first night is gone from booking a full suite. Where says view more under the category there is nothing. They must be busy removing the perks. 

What? Seriously? We have a few suites booked for next year and were definitely looking forward to the steak house on the first night! Basically, none of the perks are valuable in a suite for an elite cruiser, then? Already get mini-bar, laundry, priority for being elite. What is the point of booking the suite?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes and I remember how excited all of us were for this.  We never actually go to use it though as all of the cruises that we booked with it were cancelled.

image.png.eb5c3c9732346d70a10b64a9092d35ca.png

I still have a couple booked for 2022 under the BEST2DG code, figuring I would just use the free minutes I got as elite. Guess that backfired on me....sigh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

BEST2DW and BEST3 are the same net fares as the current plus fares. BEST2DG would be less expensive if you did not purchase wi-fi. With a wi-fi purchase it would work out very close to the net plus fares.

Even that was no benefit for us. The only thing of value (for us) was the internet.

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

What? Seriously? We have a few suites booked for next year and were definitely looking forward to the steak house on the first night! Basically, none of the perks are valuable in a suite for an elite cruiser, then? Already get mini-bar, laundry, priority for being elite. What is the point of booking the suite?

Breakfast? Bigger cabin?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's still listed as a suite benefit for cruises 6 days + ... on Princess website, Search "suite amenities" 

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

Since my wife and I purchase our excursions through Princess the 10% discount should offset the cost of internet which is discounted 50% for elite passengers. Free laundry is the one thing we did not want to lose so overall we don’t have any complaints.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks.  Love seeing that 50% internet discount in official print!!!

But 50% of what?

Without the cost of those packages being displayed in the Cruise Personalizer they could be increasing. So 50% off a higher priced plan that we’re being forced to purchase by eliminating free minutes is a reduction in Captain’s Circle benefits for me.

It still shows priority boarding beginning at Platinum but based on the opinion of their SVP of Sales expressed at his most recent webinar that benefit isn’t necessary because everyone can make an Arrival Group time request. However when that’s not based on Captain’s Circle level but upon who requests first he doesn’t understand the problem. It’s been my experience that many passengers who are eligible for priority boarding want to arrive early & by not basing the order of requests on Captain’s Circle level then a first time PCL cruiser could board first & an Elite passengers last. Based on posts on this board that is happening for the first cruises next month. And Princess hasn’t even clearly stated about when Arrival Group times will be available which requires passengers to check regularly in an effort to get an early group & not like before being based on Captain’s Circle level..a lost repeat passenger benefit that doesn’t cost Princess anything..

When these two changes appeared to be part of their improvements, I emailed the Customer Relations address posted in this thread a week ago with my concerns about these reductions of benefits. I know they’re busy & understand why like previously they didn’t call to discuss my concerns but by not calling they’re apparently receiving a lot of input & doubt if most of it is complimentary.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

It's still listed as a suite benefit for cruises 6 days + ... on Princess website, Search "suite amenities" 

But it was removed when you actually go to book a suite so which is accurate?  I have 5 cruises booked and 4 in full suites so I'm wondering if the specialty dinner will be included. If it is removed I will rethink the value of a full suite as an elite tier VS just a CC Mini and save a lot of money on the cabin.  The breakfast doesn't warrant the huge price difference for me. The mini suite size is big enough for 2 to be comfortable with all the granite counter space.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

But it was removed when you actually go to book a suite so which is accurate?  I have 5 cruises booked and 4 in full suites so I'm wondering if the specialty dinner will be included. If it is removed I will rethink the value of a full suite as an elite tier VS just a CC Mini and save a lot of money on the cabin.  The breakfast doesn't warrant the huge price difference for me. The mini suite size is big enough for 2 to be comfortable with all the granite counter space.

No clue which is/isn't correct ... you could phone/email Princess for clarification.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

90% of my Princess cruises have been selected by our turning the pages of the physical Cruise Atlas and quickly seeing what would interest us.

Now that we are retired, the fold-out color-coded  chart at the back that shows each ship’s itinerary for the year would be especially nice to have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If the pricing has not changed, here is a new table for a SINGLE device option:

<7 $45 n/a $55 $27.50
7 $60 n/a $70 $35.00
8 $70 n/a $75 $37.50
9 $70 n/a $80 $40.00
10 $70 n/a $85 $42.50
11 $75 n/a $90 $45.00
12 $75 n/a $100 $50.00
14 $100 n/a $120 $60.00
15 - 30 $130 n/a $150 $75.00
31+ $180 n/a $200 $100.00

And for FOUR devices:

<7   n/a $110 $55.00
7 $105 n/a $140 $70.00
8 $120 n/a $150 $75.00
9 $135 n/a $160 $80.00
10 $150 n/a $170 $85.00
11 $165 n/a $180 $90.00
12 $180 n/a $200 $100.00
14 $195 n/a $240 $120.00
15 - 30   n/a $300 $150.00
31+ $10/day n/a $400 $200.00

Are prices for a single device for just one device only for the entire cruise, or only one device at anyone time for the duration of the cruise.  i.e I use my tablet for x minutes, then sign off and DW uses hers for a longer period of time! 

On 6/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, beg3yrs said:

My curiosity is certainly piqued. Looking forward to something happening as it's always fun to read about the gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and imagine the wails of displeasure.

I wonder how many of us will "Never sail Princess again"?

Wow, did I call this or what? Very minor changes to the program compared to what was being discussed and still my prediction from over three weeks ago has come true! 🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

Elite cruisers on the world cruises will not be happy re the loss of Elite internet minutes. Like if you are on a 107 day WC, people like to stay in touch using the Elite complimentary internet.  

Free minutes last 107 days??!!!  Not in my dreams.  

I know many are disappointed in losing the free minutes.  I too used to think that was about the best perk.  But only until the unlimited internet arrived at a discount.  It used to cost me a lot buying the minutes packages and dealing with slow response and not getting logged out when I thought I was logged out.

If they do not raise the base prices, the 50% off is a really great deal and perk - for us at least.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

The cost for me was 49.99@ 50% off, forfeiting all my elite minutes for a 7-day cruise on the Royal in April 2019, and 59.99 for a 10-day cruise in Oct 2019, same ship.  

These were pre-tax prices.  

There was not 50% off before - only 25% benefit.  It should have been $52.50 for 7-nights.  IDK where this pricing is from.  And 10 nights should have been $63.75.  But, it is moot now as we don't know if the old list prices are being kept as they were, but I did post charts of the pricing based on those old list prices and with 50% on board Day 1 discount.

Also, there was no tax on the internet packages.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

What is the point of booking the suite?

TBH, if I decided to spend the big bucks for a Suite, I wouldn't be too worried about $58 cover charge to dine in the CG.  I realize there are a lot of other value and perks with a Suite, but we just don't spend the vacation dollars that way.  To each their own, but I think the dining thing is a NTH.  Club Class would be more useful than the $58 savings on CG.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I keep wondering about the folks who quote the "extra" cost of Princess Plus and then give the entire cost of the thing. They always seem to "forget" that it includes the gratuities (now called, of course, Crew Incentive).  Do they normally remove the gratuities?  If not, they should first deduct that cost from the cost of Princess Plus before stating how much "extra" it adds.

I have no beef with folks who don't like the program. If they don't drink and don't want to lose their free Internet minutes it makes perfect sense to not want to be pushed into booking Princess Plus. I just think it seems disingenuous to consider the gratuities as an "extra" fee being added into that program.

• Like 14

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Fort two people in the cabin, that is $80/day extra or $560 for a seven day cruise.

It does sound like a lot but considering that $203 of that is the cost of gratuities that you would be charged anyway, I still think it's a good deal because it's really only the cost of a couple of drinks each a day.  I can see how it wouldn't work for someone who doesn't drink any alcohol at all, though.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

TBH, if I decided to spend the big bucks for a Suite, I wouldn't be too worried about $58 cover charge to dine in the CG.  I realize there are a lot of other value and perks with a Suite, but we just don't spend the vacation dollars that way.  To each their own, but I think the dining thing is a NTH.  Club Class would be more useful than the $58 savings on CG.

Agreed - though it's $116 for us as we have 4 passengers. This is really the ONLY suite perk we get value from/take advantage of...so, yes, it would be more value for us to book club class mini (probably 2 for the same cost as a suite) moving forward!

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

But 50% of what?

Without the cost of those packages being displayed in the Cruise Personalizer they could be increasing. So 50% off a higher priced plan that we’re being forced to purchase by eliminating free minutes is a reduction in Captain’s Circle benefits for me.

It still shows priority boarding beginning at Platinum but based on the opinion of their SVP of Sales expressed at his most recent webinar that benefit isn’t necessary because everyone can make an Arrival Group time request. However when that’s not based on Captain’s Circle level but upon who requests first he doesn’t understand the problem. It’s been my experience that many passengers who are eligible for priority boarding want to arrive early & by not basing the order of requests on Captain’s Circle level then a first time PCL cruiser could board first & an Elite passengers last. Based on posts on this board that is happening for the first cruises next month. And Princess hasn’t even clearly stated about when Arrival Group times will be available which requires passengers to check regularly in an effort to get an early group & not like before being based on Captain’s Circle level..a lost repeat passenger benefit that doesn’t cost Princess anything..

When these two changes appeared to be part of their improvements, I emailed the Customer Relations address posted in this thread a week ago with my concerns about these reductions of benefits. I know they’re busy & understand why like previously they didn’t call to discuss my concerns but by not calling they’re apparently receiving a lot of input & doubt if most of it is complimentary.

Each Arrival Group will have a segregation as Elites and Suites will have top priority check-in, and Platinums get in there too I guess.  But, I do agree with passengers able to proceed right on board and not held in the terminal, only a few will actually be on board first and then the regular people line will start to get on board.  

I would think, going forward, that Elites & Suites are going to get first dibs on Arrival Groups.  I don't think they have this all sorted out yet.  Seems like this is another not-well-thought-out situation. 

It is also true that pre-Covid, not all Suites and Elites showed up in early morning to be first aboard.  That said, with the holding room prior to general boarding, the group as a whole got on board first. 

Hopefully, after 2021 and the restrictions for return to sea can pass, then we will return to more what we were used to.  

The only problem for me is the Sanctuary on a popular itinerary. 

Only thing I can think of is they let all the Suites & Elites inside to be processed first.  Then Platinums, then others - for each Arrival Group time period.  That would depend on organizing the lines outside so the people come inside in priority order.  At least then everyone with priority boarding gets through and on the ship before the rest.  But if you only get second boarding group, well not much can do other than be first in that bunch. 

Hope it is a temporary situation to a temporary problem.  And goes away in 2022.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, racj846 said:

Are prices for a single device for just one device only for the entire cruise, or only one device at anyone time for the duration of the cruise.  i.e I use my tablet for x minutes, then sign off and DW uses hers for a longer period of time! 

You can sign in and out of multiple devices.