Anyway to register without downloading the Medallion app?

Jemnibabe

59 minutes ago, downsmead said:

It is fine that we can be checked in at the pier, however since we do not have a functioning app we are unable to book dining times etc and therefore will be at a disadvantage. Hopefully ATD will still be allowed (we sail late October), even if we will have to queue / get a pager.

Yes that is true.  As well as choosing arrival/ departure times- they will assign it for you. 

the Princess Facebook page has same information about the agents at the pier helping those without devices to complete their information   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, billco said:

On Medallion Class Monday, he said several times all one needs is the Medallion. Nobody is required to have a smartphone or use the app on any device. 

He quietly slipped in "while you're on the ship".

"Just put your phone in the safe if you don't want to carry it around" (that's likely not a direct quote, but it's what he meant)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, downsmead said:

It is fine that we can be checked in at the pier, however since we do not have a functioning app we are unable to book dining times etc and therefore will be at a disadvantage. Hopefully ATD will still be allowed (we sail late October), even if we will have to queue / get a pager.

I have (had) the same concern because I cannot verify either through the web site or the MC app that our preference for ATD is still on our booking. With the advent of DMW, I asked our TA to verify that our booking still showed ATD and that ATD would still be available on Majestic; yesterday she informed me that yes, ATD is still on our reservation and is a dining option..... for now. 😏

4 hours ago, dog said:

Yes that is true.  As well as choosing arrival/ departure times- they will assign it for you. 

the Princess Facebook page has same information about the agents at the pier helping those without devices to complete their information   

Being assigned a 2pm or 3pm check-in time and missing out on things I can normally do and control is not my idea of fun.

• Like 2

I called the Ocean support line yesterday to seek help with the fact that DMW does not work for me on the app. It did work when I couldn’t get into the Travel Checklist but now that Princess fixed my booking and I can see and upload docs to my Travel Checklist, I’ve lost the ability to get into DMW at all. 

I was told that the DMW launch was a SOFT launch, and wouldn’t be finalized until after July 1. If I still can’t get into it then, I was instructed to call back. I told them it’s a bit disheartening that people with cruises 8 months from now can make their dining reservations but we cruise in less than 8 weeks and can’t. I also told them I really don’t want to be dealing with app issues while on the ship. 

I believe that “wait and see” is their standard reply, and that, like I encountered last week, many of these issues we’re facing will need to be fixed on a case by case basis, which doesn’t bode well for the immediate future of the Medallion app. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

After reading this thread, glad my next cruise isn't until April 2022.  Was supposed to cruise on the CB in Nov., but that one was cancelled.  I don't currently have a smartphone so I guess I have to buy one before next April.

1 minute ago, BarbinMich said:

After reading this thread, glad my next cruise isn't until April 2022.  Was supposed to cruise on the CB in Nov., but that one was cancelled.  I don't currently have a smartphone so I guess I have to buy one before next April.

Do not rely on social media   A lot here is speculation. 
call the cruise line or email them and get the answers 

6 hours ago, dog said:

Yes, as you indicated, they will assign an arrival time for you if you cannot request one on the app.

But, they have said you can only learn what time they assigned  assigned via the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I was told that the DMW launch was a SOFT launch, and wouldn’t be finalized until after July 1.

Nothing wrong with a "soft" launch except:

a) They should indicate that it is an experimental version when you open the app.

b) They did a "hard" removal of functionality from the Personalizer.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, billco said:

On Medallion Class Monday, he said several times all one needs is the Medallion. Nobody is required to have a smartphone or use the app on any device. 

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

He quietly slipped in "while you're on the ship".

"Just put your phone in the safe if you don't want to carry it around" (that's likely not a direct quote, but it's what he meant)

Sadly, I have no issues with using the app onboard. I actually look forward to using the medallion and even the app. I'm just having issues with the app not functioning for all of the required pre-boarding stuff. They are addressing the wrong questions.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, caribill said:

Yes, as you indicated, they will assign an arrival time for you if you cannot request one on the app.

But, they have said you can only learn what time they assigned  assigned via the app.

BUT. Do you have a solution to all of these issues you have brought up over the app?  

12 minutes ago, caribill said:

Nothing wrong with a "soft" launch except:

a) They should indicate that it is an experimental version when you open the app.

b) They did a "hard" removal of functionality from the Personalizer.

Your point "b" has been my largest issue with this for weeks: the no-notice shutdown of Personalizer functionality on the web site in favor of a mobile app that they acknowledge has many, many issues.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I was told that the DMW launch was a SOFT launch, and wouldn’t be finalized until after July 1.

So, I wonder if they are going to flush all the future DMW reservations out and have us start all over again.  IMO, the DMW res situation is a fiasco with missing inventory, no table-size selection, not getting same table location which means TD as advertised is out the window, etc. 

Perhaps all they plan to do is add the held-back inventory?  We'll have to wait and see as they tell us nothing but sunny ways with the Medallion on-board.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, billco said:

I think he is practicing running for political office. He gave a non-answer answer and skirted the issue that you HAVE to HAVE a Smart device to complete all the check-in procedures beforehand.

The "Princess Cruises" bot that replies to replies on Facebook for Medallion Class Monday basically says "borrow someone's Smart device to complete your check-in", which is a customer service answer that sends my blood pressure to the moon. I can't imagine telling one of my clients something similar.

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

ETA - In our case, Princess has (had?) the data for Check-in Step 1.  Their IT screwed up the data conversion.  Not my problem.

I'd be very curious to find out if Princess created this app in house or brought in an outside vendor to write it and implement it.

The idea that you would not integrate your app with existing databases seems whack. Imagine my bank telling me I can no longer access my accounts online on my computer, I have to use the app and then to say, "borrow someone's Smart device to access your account".

7 hours ago, dog said:

The Princess Facebook page, especially replying to the video or discussion on Medallion Class Monday is a great place to provide feedback because a live body from Princess does read the replies.

If they suddenly got 50 less than happy replies in the feedback section instead of fawning, "we love this app, it is special and so are you" replies, it might get kicked up to someone is Guest Satisfaction.

54 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

Do not rely on social media   A lot here is speculation.

I would not rely on social media from strangers for answers, but a lot of less than happy feedback on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram might shake the lethargy and cavalier attitudes from Princess I see online.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dog said:

I'm just curious:  how do you complete information that can't even start?    LOL

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

BUT. Do you have a solution to all of these issues you have brought up over the app?  

a) Restore the functionality to the Personalizer that has been removed.

b) Add arrival time selection to the Personalizer.

c) Do not allow use of the app at all until they have thoroughly tested it. Possibly recruit a small number of passengers to check out the tested version before a general release.

d) Features which have not existed in the past such as selecting dining times will just have to wait until the app really works.

e) If continuing to release unproven versions of the app, have a notification on all screens that this is test software.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

The "Princess Cruises" bot that replies to replies on Facebook for Medallion Class Monday basically says "borrow someone's Smart device to complete your check-in", which is a customer service answer that sends my blood pressure to the moon. I can't imagine telling one of my clients something similar.

And I can't imagine putting my personal information on someone else's digital device.

• Like 7

So with my android phone only a 7.0  I now have to purchase a new one. We should have had the choice of using our personalizer or the  phone.I really didn't want to replace my phone until I was ready to buy a 5G phone. Makes me want to just cancel my 6 booked cruises and change cruise lines, but I won't because I enjoy cruising on Princess.

Who would want to borrow someone else's phone to satisfy Princess and put personal stuff on it.Then how to you show your boarding pass etc.Such a dumb thing on Princess' part to even suggest it.

• Like 4

I am one of those that does not do to well with changes.

This is a change that we all have to find our way through and Princess needs to do more videos and dummy them down to help those who feel lost.

My old boss had me read a book called:  Who moved my cheese?

It is an excellent explanation on how we deal with changes with our different personalities.

I think that this is how a lot of us feel even though Princess for the last 2+ years has told us this was coming. Chees has been moved again and we must find our way together 🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

So with my android phone only a 7.0  I now have to purchase a new one. We should have had the choice of using our personalizer or the  phone.I really didn't want to replace my phone until I was ready to buy a 5G phone. Makes me want to just cancel my 6 booked cruises and change cruise lines, but I won't because I enjoy cruising on Princess.

Who would want to borrow someone else's phone to satisfy Princess and put personal stuff on it.Then how to you show your boarding pass etc.Such a dumb thing on Princess' part to even suggest it.

While it's hardly ideal I do see refurbished Samsung Galaxy S9 phones (1 year warranty) online for $137. The S9 seems to top out at Android 10 but that is definitely above the necessary version (Android 8).  If you were holding out for 5G it might be better to give in and get a cheap phone such as this as a stopgap.

I have Verizon and, while their version of 5G is supposed to be exceedingly good, it's not very widely available. Who knows when (or if) it will become available where I live. I'll stick with the phone I have for now.

21 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

Ask someone at Princess.

Princess has said their reps (and your TA) cannot submit the Covid risk acceptance form for you. It has to be you and has to be before embarkation day and has to be with the app.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess has said their reps (and your TA) cannot submit the Covid risk acceptance form for you. It has to be you and has to be before embarkation day and has to be with the app.

This has been contradicted by those who have emailed Princess and they will have agents at pier to assist with forms not completed. When you arrive at terminal. 

solution with all your issues. Choose another company to cruise with 
  If it has to be done days before there are going to be many who won’t.