Anyway to register without downloading the Medallion app?

Jemnibabe

21 hours ago, dog said:

I heard him, he only talked about once you are on-board the ship. I did not hear him say that for pre cruise,  but my reply today said they will have agents at the pier to assist in completing the forms. Personal information etc 

So, I would take from that, if you can get along without the app on-board the ship and they will have agents on the pier, then those who don't have a device or don't want to use the app should be fine. They fill out the forms, pick up their medallion, and start their cruise. If there is a requirement that the forms have to be filled out before the cruise, then i think there will be a change soon. Would Princess really turn someone away?

Edited by billco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, billco said:

So, I would take from that, if you can get along without the app on-board the ship and they will have agents on the pier, then those who don't have a device or don't want to use the app should be fine. They fill out the forms, pick up their medallion, and start their cruise. If there is a requirement that the forms have to be filled out before the cruise, then i think there will be a change soon. Would Princess really turn someone away?

This is what I saw on fb Princess agent posted. Also, a few on here said they got this response when they emailed Princess recently. 

they will have to have a link on Personalizer or send it to us in email to submit Risk form ahead of time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 007colocruz said:

Ask someone at Princess. Not funny. This is very stressful for many. 

Well, it's very stressful for me too.  Furthermore, the question was not meant to be funny.  I did think the response was funny though and mindless.

4 hours ago, billco said:

"Princess" is saying contradictory things. The people with nice teeth who make Princess videos tell you there will be happy, smiling people to help you complete at the terminal.

The snarling, dark eye shade people are saying, "no Risk Agreement in Medallion app, no sail".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 007colocruz said:

This has been contradicted by those who have emailed Princess and they will have agents at pier to assist with forms not completed. When you arrive at terminal. 

Yet this is the "official" policy set forth by Princess which states in bold print that the documents must be signed "no later than 24 hours prior to sailing ."

I have yet to see a slide that says otherwise.

image.png.89b40138cce73a22c811c265435566cf.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Yet this is the "official" policy set forth by Princess which states in bold print that the documents must be signed "no later than 24 hours prior to sailing ."

I have yet to see a slide that says otherwise.

image.png.89b40138cce73a22c811c265435566cf.png

IDEALY

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caribill said:

That referred to submitting it as soon as you made a booking, not the deadline for turning it in.

Not going to banter with you. 

Read it as you like.

Please, just by pass my posts or use the ignore feature. 
I come on here to help others not to correct them constantly. 

Edited by 007colocruz
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 007colocruz said:

Please, just by pass my posts or use the ignore feature. 
I come on here to help others not to correct them constantly. 

Could you take the first step by not correcting people?

On the internet, everyone wants the last word.

In cruise critic, there is never a last word.

(other than when a thread is locked)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I called the Ocean support line yesterday to seek help with the fact that DMW does not work for me on the app.

If Princess can't figure out how to accommodate you, one of their most traveled customers, that does not look good for others.

During my corporate days we were taught that projects tend to take on their own life with their own outcomes. It is up to us managers to recognize when they have moved off course to the detriment of our customers and to pause, change or stop the project. It seems Princess has forgotten this business principle. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 6

My mom does not use apps on her phone.  I simply logged her in on my app and checked the box for the risk acceptance policy.  She has no clue what the medallion app is or how to use it.  When I see her next, I will download it on her phone and show her the bare basics.

Wouldn't it be nice if Princess had a form that could be checked at embarkation.  Would be a shame for people  to be turned away at embarkation.  I would not be a happy camper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received a call back from Princess customer support about the E-mail I sent them saying I would not use their medallion class app for my cruise in Oct. on the Majestic Princess. I said I spend a lot of money cruising with Princess and if they don't allow me to use my computer to register, they should then have a backup plan to allow us non app-ers to check in and board at the cruise terminal. Well, this lady from customer support said I will not have any problems checking in at the cruise terminal to board. She said their will be two lines, one will be a GREEN line for everyone down loading and using the app and a BLUE line for those folks not using the app. She said the check in process would be just like we did before, but it could take a little more time. She thanked me for contacting them and said Princess appreciates my business. I felt much better after hearing from hear. I believe Princess will not deny good paying loyal customers from boarding their ships because we don't have cell phones or won't use their app. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

I received a call back from Princess customer support about the E-mail I sent them saying I would not use their medallion class app for my cruise in Oct. on the Majestic Princess. I said I spend a lot of money cruising with Princess and if they don't allow me to use my computer to register, they should then have a backup plan to allow us non app-ers to check in and board at the cruise terminal. Well, this lady from customer support said I will not have any problems checking in at the cruise terminal to board. She said their will be two lines, one will be a GREEN line for everyone down loading and using the app and a BLUE line for those folks not using the app. She said the check in process would be just like we did before, but it could take a little more time. She thanked me for contacting them and said Princess appreciates my business. I felt much better after hearing from hear. I believe Princess will not deny good paying loyal customers from boarding their ships because we don't have cell phones or won't use their app. 

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

My next question is:  luggage tags.  In Ft. Lauderdale (where i almost always sail from) you must drop luggage off in from of the terminal and there is no where outside the building to get luggage tags.  If we must go inside the terminal and stand in line to get information downloaded, that is quite a dilema?????

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Please let us know how about your boarding experience in Oct. I have a final payment due late Oct for a Jan. cruise . Your report will help me decide what to do. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

My next question is:  luggage tags.  In Ft. Lauderdale (where i almost always sail from) you must drop luggage off in from of the terminal and there is no where outside the building to get luggage tags.  If we must go inside the terminal and stand in line to get information downloaded, that is quite a dilema?????

I do believe there will be a way to get luggage tags, probably using the PC. Hope so because I can not print anything using my phone and do not intend to purchase a new phone compatible printer just to take a vacation. Not surprised Princess has not activity addressed and missed this issue. Maybe they will be sent with your medallion. Back to the old way when boarding passes and luggage tags were sent to your home.

It is my understanding that in the past luggage handlers have a list, can look up your name/cabin and can attach tags at the pier before you enter the terminal. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Thank you so much 😊 for posting your response. 
Nice to see something positive on this topic. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

You should be able to show your travel summary (listing your cabin number) to the Porter and they can make up a generic luggage tag to use for delivering your luggage to your cabin.

I would be more interested in how you would  sign the Risk Assessment Policy prior to arriving at the terminal to get into the "blue" line to be helped in finishing the check-in process.

• Like 3

Just got off the phone with Ocean Navigator  help. Woman I spoke to was very helpful.

First of all, all of us showing canceled cruises  still on the appl. This weekend it is suppose to be cleaned up and taken off.

My situation also has another problem. My android phone is a 7.0 and to work properly must have 8.0 or better. This morning the appl. started working where I could put in info (before couldn't) only on the canceled cruise still showing. My future cruises still didn't show up to work on putting in info. She said I should upgrade the phone because the appl. is created to work on the 8.0 and I will still have problems.

I was intending to purchase a new phone so will do it today. Yesterday we looked and decided what phone to get. Also she said the appl. will work on a tablet.

I made sure to mention that lots of us wish that we could just add all our info. on computer  Princess personalizer

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

You should be able to show your travel summary (listing your cabin number) to the Porter and they can make up a generic luggage tag to use for delivering your luggage to your cabin.

I would be more interested in how you would  sign the Risk Assessment Policy prior to arriving at the terminal to get into the "blue" line to be helped in finishing the check-in process.

Hope to see something in writing from Princess about the BLUE LINE

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

(Jemnibabe), you will be able to print out your luggage tags on your personal computer. When you go into your Princess account for your cruise booking, it will show on the top of the page where you can print out your luggage tags along with your travel summary once final payment is made. Actually you can print out the travel summary anytime. Hope this info helps.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

22 minutes ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

(Jemnibabe), you will be able to print out your luggage tags on your personal computer. When you go into your Princess account for your cruise booking, it will show on the top of the page where you can print out your luggage tags along with your travel summary once final payment is made. Actually you can print out the travel summary anytime. Hope this info helps.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

As Ken and Darlene mention, here's a screen shot of the link from inside your booking on the web site:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, san diego sue said:

Just got off the phone with Ocean Navigator  help. Woman I spoke to was very helpful.

First of all, all of us showing canceled cruises  still on the appl. This weekend it is suppose to be cleaned up and taken off.

My situation also has another problem. My android phone is a 7.0 and to work properly must have 8.0 or better. This morning the appl. started working where I could put in info (before couldn't) only on the canceled cruise still showing. My future cruises still didn't show up to work on putting in info. She said I should upgrade the phone because the appl. is created to work on the 8.0 and I will still have problems.

I was intending to purchase a new phone so will do it today. Yesterday we looked and decided what phone to get. Also she said the appl. will work on a tablet.

I made sure to mention that lots of us wish that we could just add all our info. on computer  Princess personalizer

Thanks for your post.  We have two cancelled cruises that are showing up and didn't know when or how they would go away --- sounds like that problem might be solved soon per your post.

On another note, I have an Android 11.0 and still have all kinds of problems logging into the system.  Princess claims there are lots of problems with Androids and ensures me that they are working on it --- standard line.

I believe the issue with a cancelled cruise still showing up on my Medallion app (and, actually, not even a real booked cruise, just an option we had on a cruise while we made up our minds about dates) is the genesis of my many issues with the app. Even after that cruise disappeared, I was still unable to upload any documents or pics. It took getting through to someone in Customer Relations who knew who to call to get that fixed, but I still have issues. Kind of like life. 

• Thanks 1