Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Let’s talk flowriding. Yes, there is only advanced standup flow riding open sessions. If you are a beginner, you can still stand up flow ride by paying for a private lesson. You have the whole flowrider to yourself and an instructor. No one waiting in line after you. 

So safety of the crew goes out the window when someone is paying $$??  CMon RCL, you need to be better than that!!! 

• Like 1

COVID Testing Center (aka the main dining room). While they are called “the ships’a medical team”, the COVID testing is being done by contract nurses. Right now, after a short time testing the crew and their first set of passengers, the nurses think that being on a cruise ship is “wonderful”. Maybe we’ll check back in a few months when the ship is back to capacity and the crew needs to be tested more frequently. Test result will be delivered to rooms tonight. 

61F4ADB0-84FB-4FCC-B7E0-F71A45E2920A.jpeg

7C3FB050-728E-411D-A122-1011A7FC6552.jpeg

• Like 10

Dance the night away to the music of Switched On. 

Oh yeah,,, to ensure social distancing, you have to dance within one of the approved circles of light. And if you stray out, the circle police will be there to push you back in. 
75B7735E-38A9-46AE-9892-CC4644819303.thumb.jpeg.978738cbcfc8ffbd88e2cf1038eda882.jpeg457C7A3C-90F3-45B8-80AA-85E7503A4720.thumb.jpeg.9989eeb04b2e0fa3a6f6f7ebfe4f5623.jpeg26E7A99D-F277-43A3-B395-C467E5E531D1.thumb.jpeg.c2e464033782be1b298ebee0c6c9291b.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

COVID Testing Center (aka the main dining room). While they are called “the ships’a medical team”, the COVID testing is being done by contract nurses. Right now, after a short time testing the crew and their first set of passengers, the nurses think that being on a cruise ship is “wonderful”. Maybe we’ll check back in a few months when the ship is back to capacity and the crew needs to be tested more frequently. Test result will be delivered to rooms tonight.

What type of testing is conducted ?  Brain tickler, cheek swab, saliva ?

Thanks

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Adult beverage fixings 

27F67F32-A5CD-4DF4-B2E6-1001E2775A0B.jpeg

Thanks for this thread and the pics of the adult beverages.  Interesting no prices for the Kentucky Owl and Blanton's...lol

7 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

Thanks for this thread and the pics of the adult beverages.  Interesting no prices for the Kentucky Owl and Blanton's...lo

That’s what I wondered. Got Blanton’s on Harmony for $69. I assume it will be similar. KO in my area sells for $199. Would love it if @BirdTravelshas time to get a price?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Baowen said:

Regarding Izumis - What did they take out on the Royal Promenade to put in the Izumis? I can't tell from the picture.

Thanks

Beth

I believe I had seen Sabor was removed to put in Izumi's but I'm sure @BirdTravels will be able to confirm.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The signup requires an email address so was wondering if you then needed VOOM to get the results.  This answers the question.  Airlines seem to prefer a printed result, based on our experience coming back from Aruba.

Thanks for all the great reporting!  Details are incredible!

Just now, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Does Ovation have a noodle place or a dim sum place?  That would make Tom a very happy cruiser.

Tom

When it is on the Asian market it has the noodle place, on Alaska sailings they had the fish and chips place. It wasn’t great on our late July 2019 cruise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pspercy said:

I hope not !

Unfortunately, I think it did.
"Freedom OTS deck plan changes 2020 refurbishment review. Ship's 2020 drydock refurbishment (January 12 - March 7) was a USD 116 million "Royal Amplified" project that resulted in the following deckplan changes: ... (deck 4) SABOR (Mexican restaurant) replaced by "Izumi Hibachi and Sushi" (Japanese restaurant)"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxNerd said:

When it is on the Asian market it has the noodle place, on Alaska sailings they had the fish and chips place. It wasn’t great on our late July 2019 cruise. 

Thanks. 

My wife orders fish and chips approximately 100% of the time it is on the menu. 

Please don't tell her about this, we will have to change all of our cruises so we can book Ovation to Alaska.

Tom

• Haha 3