Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

14 minutes ago, SGTTUBA75 said:

I’ve found the prices onboard and often in the Islands, much more expensive than at Total Wine or ABC. 

Can't say about most prices, but for specialty bourbons such as Blanton's it can be hard to find unless you look on the secondary market. Then it gets really pricey! Blanton's is kept in the "Vault" at ABC Liquors and can only be purchased by Gold Key members. I don't see it at Total Wine either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandc4e said:

Unfortunately, I think it did.
"Freedom OTS deck plan changes 2020 refurbishment review. Ship's 2020 drydock refurbishment (January 12 - March 7) was a USD 116 million "Royal Amplified" project that resulted in the following deckplan changes: ... (deck 4) SABOR (Mexican restaurant) replaced by "Izumi Hibachi and Sushi" (Japanese restaurant)"

Adventure never had Sabor. Chops is where Sabor would have been on this class of ship. And yes they have been replacing Sabor on various ship. They have not been consistent on what restaurants or locations of said restaurants on voyager class ships.

Edited by wreckem2013
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

Adventure never had Sabor. Chops is where Sabor would have been on this class of ship. And yes they have been replacing Sabor on this class of ship with Izumi Sushi and Hibachi. 

I'm guessing where Izumi is on the Promenade was previously retail🤔

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing where Izumi is on the Promenade was previously retail🤔

From one of those RC blog posts:

Since Izumi took over a space that was previously occupied by a sports bar, Izumi on Adventure of the Seas will offer simply sushi and sake/beer.

There are older threads on CC discussing the lack of galley space causing the limited menu.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

From one of those RC blog posts:

Since Izumi took over a space that was previously occupied by a sports bar, Izumi on Adventure of the Seas will offer simply sushi and sake/beer.

There are older threads on CC discussing the lack of galley space causing the limited menu.

Yep, pic on post #911

• Thanks 1

Question about late- night snacks...  are there any?  We are used to hopping back over to the Windjammer for a late night nosh (or "Twinner" - twice dinner" as my teens call it..)  Where can you find food on the ship after MDR time is over. Is there a Sorrentos?  Thanks so much for all the info - we are excited to be on AOS July 17!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hipmomof3 said:

Question about late- night snacks...  are there any?  We are used to hopping back over to the Windjammer for a late night nosh (or "Twinner" - twice dinner" as my teens call it..)  Where can you find food on the ship after MDR time is over. Is there a Sorrentos?  Thanks so much for all the info - we are excited to be on AOS July 17!

Cafe Promenade on the Royal Promenade. No Sorrentos on Voyager class ships. The pizza is in the cafe. It is open approx 22hrs. a day. They close from around 3-5AM for cleaning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Cafe Promenade on the Royal Promenade. No Sorrentos on Voyager class ships. The pizza is in the cafe. It is open approx 22hrs. a day. They close from around 3-5AM for cleaning.

WJ Lite 

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I would like to inquire about one thing only, are you enjoying your cruise? Or are these protocols and sparsity of passengers taking their tole on you?

I echo the sentiment of may seasoned cruisers that this has been one of the best cruises of my life. The protocols are mostly transparent.

If you are a glass 3/4 empty person, then you could complain about anything and everything. Same on every cruise I have ever been on - the Debbie Downers. No me. There is nothing to complain about on this cruise. 

Is it exactly the same as my last cruise? No. Is that a problem? No. I actually think that it is better. 

Royal has done an unexpectedly phenomenal job at the Royal Come Back. Everything is well thought out and we’ll implemented. Even though some passengers don’t care, Royal cares about the health and well-being of every passenger. 

The crew is learning their jobs in the new norm. And have been the happiest, most welcoming, and friendliest I have ever seen on Royal. I have commented on live posts for other ships that Royal crews are generally unfriendly. Not this crew. The crew of Adventure 1 go out of their way to greet you, often by name, on each and every encounter. From restaurant personnel to cleaners to deck personnel,,, I have not passed one crew member without being greeted with a smile. This rivals competing cruise lines where this type of behavior is the backbone of their training. It is a testament to the leadership of the ship. 

• Like 52
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I echo the sentiment of may seasoned cruisers that this has been one of the best cruises of my life. The protocols are mostly transparent.

I am very happy to hear this... we sail on her in August.. and as I watch the FL protocols tighten I was getting concerned... I can live with the way they have set up the Nassau trips... I hope they stay the same or..if possible...loosen... but I can live with social distancing... masking inside... is something I want to avoid....  keep having fun... your reports are very helpful.

53 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are a glass 3/4 empty person, then you could complain about anything and everything. Same on every cruise I have ever been on - the Debbie Downers. No me. There is nothing to complain about on this cruise. 

Is it exactly the same as my last cruise? No. Is that a problem? No. I actually think that it is better. 

Royal has done an unexpectedly phenomenal job at the Royal Come Back. Everything is well thought out and we’ll implemented. Even though some passengers don’t care, Royal cares about the health and well-being of every passenger. 

The crew is learning their jobs in the new norm. And have been the happiest, most welcoming, and friendliest I have ever seen on Royal. I have commented on live posts for other ships that Royal crews are generally unfriendly. Not this crew. The crew of Adventure 1 go out of their way to greet you, often by name, on each and every encounter. From restaurant personnel to cleaners to deck personnel,,, I have not passed one crew member without being greeted with a smile. This rivals competing cruise lines where this type of behavior is the backbone of their training. It is a testament to the leadership of the ship. 

And this is what really counts. I wish I was going tomorrow! Can't wait for January! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Dance the night away to the music of Switched On. 

Oh yeah,,, to ensure social distancing, you have to dance within one of the approved circles of light. And if you stray out, the circle police will be there to push you back in. 
75B7735E-38A9-46AE-9892-CC4644819303.thumb.jpeg.978738cbcfc8ffbd88e2cf1038eda882.jpeg457C7A3C-90F3-45B8-80AA-85E7503A4720.thumb.jpeg.9989eeb04b2e0fa3a6f6f7ebfe4f5623.jpeg26E7A99D-F277-43A3-B395-C467E5E531D1.thumb.jpeg.c2e464033782be1b298ebee0c6c9291b.jpeg

Well this will certainly kill the vibe of the quest if they have it in there.