Ladies, Show Me Your Cruise Shoes

I am booked to sail on Celebrity for the first time in January. I know the expected dress, especially in the evenings, is less casual than I am used to on NCL, so I have been working to put together some cheap, dressier, comfortable outfits. I have a pair of sandals that I can dress up or dress down, but I am looking for a more comfortable pair of shoes that I can wear when I will be doing more walking. Ideally these would be closed toe and I could wear them with some ankle socks. I know it's TMI, but my feat tend to get really sweaty when I wear closed shoes without socks.

I have a few dresses that I plan to bring and would definitely wear my sandals with those, but I have now bought a few pairs of long, wide-legged pants and would like new shoes to wear with them. I am not opposed to having to buy multiple colors of the shoes. Here are some pics of the pants:

image.thumb.png.9cc4c887f7b5b3726694bafac4cc9ddd.pngimage.thumb.png.7121cb6fce39fba238e38ebafc10a690.pngimage.thumb.png.123400c55dfaf8304dbebe49218846e6.png

• Like 2

Check out Jambu shoes--not cheap (try 6PM.com--I get them a bit cheaper there). They have some super cute comfy closed toe styles.

And they would look super cute with those FUN pants!!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KKB said:

Check out Jambu shoes--not cheap (try 6PM.com--I get them a bit cheaper there). They have some super cute comfy closed toe styles.

And they would look super cute with those FUN pants!!

Girl, with those outfits any shoes, sandals, sliders, you are going to rock it!!!

• Like 2

Jaime…..where did you get those pants? I absolutely love them!!!!

As for cruise shoes I wear my Birkenstock’s or sketchers during the day and when in port. In the evening I have a couple pairs of dressy sandals I rotate between. None have heels of more than 1”. I prefer flats.

FYI….these are the shoes coming with me on the Edge in October. The sketchers are perfect for the airport!

9FB93630-17F9-4459-B901-BCFBF0FA709A.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by pixiedust777
  • Like 1

How about Sketchers? Really light weight, to cut down on luggage limits if you are flying to join your cruise.

But open sandals will work with these trousers.

I like Ecco shoes for daytime wear, comfy for longer walks but heavier to pack than Sketchers.

I’m not sure Celebrity is less casual than NCL, but I have only cruised once on NCL Gem, and that was a Christmas and New Year cruise. Oceania, part of NCL, is maybe a bit dressier than Celebrity.

Whatever you wear, enjoy yourself and wear what makes you comfortable!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am booked to sail on Celebrity for the first time in January. I know the expected dress, especially in the evenings, is less casual than I am used to on NCL, so I have been working to put together some cheap, dressier, comfortable outfits. I have a pair of sandals that I can dress up or dress down, but I am looking for a more comfortable pair of shoes that I can wear when I will be doing more walking. Ideally these would be closed toe and I could wear them with some ankle socks. I know it's TMI, but my feat tend to get really sweaty when I wear closed shoes without socks.

I have a few dresses that I plan to bring and would definitely wear my sandals with those, but I have now bought a few pairs of long, wide-legged pants and would like new shoes to wear with them. I am not opposed to having to buy multiple colors of the shoes. Here are some pics of the pants:

image.thumb.png.9cc4c887f7b5b3726694bafac4cc9ddd.pngimage.thumb.png.7121cb6fce39fba238e38ebafc10a690.pngimage.thumb.png.123400c55dfaf8304dbebe49218846e6.png

They’re not closed toe, but I have three pair of Born Iwa and I wear them 9/12 months of the year. 

Treat yo self. 

• Like 1

My cruise shoes vary according to the Ports. In colder weather I prefer close toed leather slip on loafers or top siders with a grippy sole for days. Warmer weather, leather flip flops for the ship or beach; fabric sketchers for walking excursions, and a dressy black sandal with a wedge heel for evenings.

I have those pants, with a different pattern (in fact I wore them today). I wear them with either sandals or my sketchers.

• Like 1

Those are all great choices in my opinion. Not trying to hijack your post, but I have never cruised NCL but I thought that Celebrity was the dressier of the two. Do I have the wrong impression? 

Edited by lindyf

For dinner I usually pack one pair of sparkly sandals (teal) and one pair of black wedge sandals - that way no heels to trip me up. I go with two pair of daytime sandals - one leather and one better pair of rubber flip flops for the sand/beach. I agree with slip on sketchers, mine have a lacy type top. Oh and I also pack a pair of water shoes in case of coral on the beaches.

Really like those pants. Could easily pair with a dressier T and look sharp and still be very comfortable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lindyf said:

Those are all great choices in my opinion. Not trying to hijack your post, but I have never cruised NCL but I thought that Celebrity was the dressier of the two. Do I have the wrong impression? 

Celebrity is definitely dressier than NCL. That's why I am trying to get some dressier options together, since we'll be sailing Celebrity for the first time in January, after having exclusively sailed on NCL. On NCL, I just wear jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers 90% of the time. I occasionally put on a dress for a Specialty Dining restaurant, not because I have to, but sometimes I just want to.

Seconding the Sketchers. I've got a pair similar to these..

https://www.skechers.com/women/shoes/skechers-arch-fit-ballet---must-be-mine/158392_BLK.html

... in black. I'm packing a couple dresses, in color schemes similar to the clothes you posted, and these shoes pair nicely plus are super comfortable. These shoes, a pair of Allbirds Tree Skippers, and flip flops for the spa/hot tub are coming with me to Alaska. The Sketchers will be sufficiently fancy for Princess.

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1

Sorry JamieLogical.  I have nothing to offer about closed toe shoes as I am a real sandals gal myself, but I just had to post to this thread to tell you how much I love the pants you bought to take on your Celebrity cruise! 😊   I truly hope that you have a fabulous time and enjoy your first sailing on Celebrity!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

Sorry JamieLogical.  I have nothing to offer about closed toe shoes as I am a real sandals gal myself, but I just had to post to this thread to tell you how much I love the pants you bought to take on your Celebrity cruise! 😊   I truly hope that you have a fabulous time and enjoy your first sailing on Celebrity!

+1  Was thinking the same thing!  Those pants are fab.

• Like 2

Yes it can happen, it’s a glass of Prosecco or OJ and a nice experience. We have done it a couple of times, maybe if you find the Captains Club host and mention you are new to Celebrity you may get lucky. Also join the loyalty club.z

21 hours ago, Lastdance said:

These are my favorite ones because they are so comfortable.

0DFB2FE4-DF6A-4F34-934C-D5ADAB5A208F.jpeg

0370AE82-781B-4D07-841A-0BE274CCE2FA.jpeg

Very cute sandals........what brand are they?

I'm a non-sandal person.   I'm a firm believer in Jambu.  I've had pairs of them since 2007.  I like that they have very airy closed toe shoes in a variety of styles.  I always take a pair with me on trips and they are my "walking around town" and "going out to dinner" shoes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I'm a non-sandal person.   I'm a firm believer in Jambu.  I've had pairs of them since 2007.  I like that they have very airy closed toe shoes in a variety of styles.  I always take a pair with me on trips and they are my "walking around town" and "going out to dinner" shoes.  

Would you wear them with the pants I posted to dinner?

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Would you wear them with the pants I posted to dinner?

Everyone is different but personally, I think Jambu's are a bit too sporty for those pants. Now, maybe others would say go for it.....but to me, a Jambu is great for walking/outdoor activities. I would go for a lower wedge or even a flat........oh, the pants are VERY CUTE😃

• Like 1