Princess Announces 8 Ships Will Start Cruising between Sept 25th & Nov 28th in the U.S.

LACruiser88

• LACruiser88 changed the title to Princess Announces 8 Ships Will Start Cruising between Sept 25th & Nov 28th in the U.S.
10 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Vaccines required...  as opposed to current FL legislation.

Princess has finally stated where they will stand.

I don't think, that until now, they have not officially indicated that they would require vaccine documentation.

Now we have to see what DeSantis is going to do - inquiring minds want to know

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

Interesting times on this for sure. With the CDC just raising cruising from Level 4 "Do Not Cruise" to Level 3 "Do Not Cruise if You Aren't Fully Vaccinated", he'll have an even tougher time maintaining this law since a US Federal government agency says it's OK to cruise if you are vaccinated.

• Like 4

I noticed they state that for cruises through 2021 they require guests to be vaccinated. Does this mean those of us with kids under 12 are SOL? I have no issue with the requirement for the cruising start up, but to extend it through the rest of the year? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Does this mean those of us with kids under 12 are SOL?

Not an official answer, but the updated FAQ says "our youth and teen programs will operate for children 12-17 years old" with no mention of younger ages.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 1

Right now, the guideline calls for 95% of passengers to be fully vaccinated, which I assume would allow for children too young to be eligible for the vaccine as long as it's less than 5% of the total passenger capacity.  It's also too soon to tell what the guidelines will look like by the time the cruises actually happen.  

That said, it looks like the December 2021 Caribbean cruise I've got booked is on the schedule.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Interesting times on this for sure. With the CDC just raising cruising from Level 4 "Do Not Cruise" to Level 3 "Do Not Cruise if You Aren't Fully Vaccinated", he'll have an even tougher time maintaining this law since a US Federal government agency says it's OK to cruise if you are vaccinated.

That has nothing to do with Florida's law.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Yea the number of CEOS lined up to argue with him is increasing.

Just a mess.  And ships from NYC area have to be announced to - at least NCL and RCI etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Vaccines required...  as opposed to current FL legislation.

Princess has finally stated where they will stand.

I don't think, that until now, they have not officially indicated that they would require vaccine documentation.

I'm so relieved that Princess has taken this position.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

That has nothing to do with Florida's law.

Not sure about that. That Florida law has built into it a provision for it to be overruled by US Federal gvt "requirements" to protect public health (sorry, the exact legal term eludes me) So if the CDC changes their policy and now says that it is OK to cruise if you are fully vaccinated, and continues to advise against cruising if you're not, then that would not seem help the Florida government .

• Like 2

How long have we been waiting to see that announcement!!!  Just so glad to see that crusing is finally beginning again - we are vaccinated and my Enchanted Dec 30 is on the list!!!!  I might start packing now. LOL!  

Hopefully the virus will still be in “remission” by Fall season for those of us already booked (I really don’t want to receive another cancelled cruise email!!) and more people not vaccinated will have had enough time to sort it all out and make the decision to get the shot - it is a personal choice.

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

That, I do believe, will depend on the final ruling on the current Federal Law Suit....

The Federal law suit won't be decided until probably sometime next year.  DeSantis already said that he would appeal if he loses and you know the government will also..

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I noticed they state that for cruises through 2021 they require guests to be vaccinated. Does this mean those of us with kids under 12 are SOL?

Yes.

If you had been on an Alaska cruise, they would have notified you your booking is cancelled.

If you are booked with a child under 12 on another cruise this year, I expect you will get a notification soon.

Princess cruises sailing through 2021 are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.

10 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Does nothing to impact the new FL law.

12 hours ago, MileHighAko said:

Also notice this: "These Fall 2021 voyages are open for booking now and will be accessible for OceanReady pre-cruise preparations and for making dining reservations on July 30."

Of course, the head-shaking part of this is that I have been booked on the October 30 Majestic Princess cruise for quite some time now...and "July 30"?  I've had my dining reservations set up for several weeks already now as well...

I am glad to see confirmation that my cruise will actually happen...It should be the third post-pandemic cruise I take as I am also cruising on July 31 and August 7 on Celebrity Apex--which has also long been confirmed to be sailing.

I worry, with all of these cruises, about what restriction may exist AT THE TIME OF SAILING.  Over at Celebrity, they are constantly tinkering with the rules on things like proof of vaccination, wearing of masks and requirements vis-à-vis shore excursions...a lot of the rues apparently may be related to moving rules targets with the countries or ports visited.  Hopefully, by the time of this one, we will be very close to back to normal.  Here in California, with 70%+ of the population fully vaccinated, we just dropped most of our mask requirements...  

1 hour ago, CI66774 said:

Does nothing to impact the new FL law.

Interesting to note the new policy over on Celebrity in response to the Florida law:

They are requiring everyone who is either not vaccinated or who opts out of voluntarily providing evidence to 1) be tested three times during the cruise, 2) to pay an additional $178 per person to cover the vaccination costs, 3) to wear masks throughout the cruise except while eating and 4) to sit only in cordoned off "Unvaccinated" sections of the dining room, showroom, pool deck, etc.

I would have been even tougher...If DeSantis thinks that "right to not provide vaccination proof" is really worth $5,000, I think the cruise lines should charge them a surcharge of $5000 per person per cruise if they do not voluntarily provide such proof.  I really do not want to cruise with unvaccinated people...NOT because I am personally afraid of contracting Covid--since I am fully vaccinated...BUT because, if all of those unvaccinated folks onboard were to come down with Covid in any numbers, ports would refuse to let us disembark...and it would ruin MY cruise.  

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 23
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I noticed they state that for cruises through 2021 they require guests to be vaccinated. Does this mean those of us with kids under 12 are SOL? I have no issue with the requirement for the cruising start up, but to extend it through the rest of the year? 

More likely yes than no. Even if unvaccinated youth are allowed on board they will most like be subject to frequent testing and other protocols they would not enjoy. Not a good time to book youth on a cruise. Wait it out. Youth vaccine approval coming by the end of the year or sometime into 2022. The children will not miss the cruise.

While covid is trending toward control in the U.S. & Canada, it is no where near control in countries that cruise ships visit. Very easy for an unvaccinated person to carry covid on board at a port of call.