Should carnival add a new tier?

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

It is nice to be recognized for the loyalty to Carnival. We like the perks that we get. Doing a Diamond tier match with MSC only gets you GOLD. One from the top. Their top tier perks are really nice. Even with GOLD they give you $100.00 each OBC on a 7 day cruise. 10% and 5% off of your lowest price. We are full up for this year and 5 for next. Only one so far for 2023 which is a Carnival cruise. We will do MSC in 2023. Since they have built newer ships and from I read are super nice. We are buffet people and according to what I read. Their buffet is awesome. So we shall see what they have to offer. We did one an MSC cruise many, many years ago. Really do not remember the cruise. We must have not liked it, we never did another.

I agree did the match when diamond CCL got you Black MSC. We have taken several MSC trips and we like many things about MSC. The buffet is very good much more selection . We also have tried Yacht Club and it blew Havana out of the water and worth every $$$$. We will still sail CCL but MSC will show us more of the world 

only one perk im interested in and thats the priority boarding.  wont hit platinum until at least 2023 at the rate i cruise anyways and then maybe i will try and increase my RCL status as a solo cruiser it will be easier with them to gain levels.

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

What is a typical charge for a bag of laundry washed and folded?  The Carnival site mentions prices vary across the fleet.  Like $20?  Or $40?

I see prices for individual wash and press or even dry cleaning on some ships?

$15 The times its shown as a perk on my S/S it was that. Im not charged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

only one perk im interested in and thats the priority boarding.  wont hit platinum until at least 2023 at the rate i cruise anyways and then maybe i will try and increase my RCL status as a solo cruiser it will be easier with them to gain levels.

Anything booked on rcl thru june 2021 is getting double pts. 7 days in a JS, solo, 3 pts a day x 2, is 6 pts a day. You can hit diamond on rcl in one longer cruise lol. Even a regular cabin gets 4 pts a day. Yes, rcl gives out loyalty pts like candy, but 340 pts for that 50% solo supplement still a ways away. 

Double pts only thru sept 2022, ..so wouldnt get me there. But the extra loyalty pts are nice. 

Laundry just isnt enough to keep me loyal. 

Rcl gives crystal blocks to pins who cruise so much they are pins 3 X over. A heavy beautiful crystal block with the ship name where you earned it. Beautiful. Rcl always has one more thing worth earning.

25 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Carnival is well-suited to this type of vacationer. It fits the pocket book!

Fully aware of it Cindy, after 20 Carnival cruises over the past 35 years.  I just wish that the lines were not so long on the last sea day with the plethora of excuses for removing gratuities.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jdfireman said:

I agree did the match when diamond CCL got you Black MSC. We have taken several MSC trips and we like many things about MSC. The buffet is very good much more selection . We also have tried Yacht Club and it blew Havana out of the water and worth every $$$$. We will still sail CCL but MSC will show us more of the world 

Comparing Yacht Club to Havana is not a true apples to apples comparison.  You need to compare Yacht Club to the Haven on NCL.  Msc will show you more of the world, but at the same time if you cruise on them in Europe, you get the European influenced menu, which is extremely seafood forward.  Since the wife doesn't eat seafood, our MSC travels will be in this hemisphere only.  Did the Seaside in January of 2018, may do the Seashore in late 2023 or early 2024.

24 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

I swear some of you are more interested in walking around with a pin to show that you are Diamond, than you are in having the cruise. 

Lol I doubt that's what a single poster her wants. I have no clue where any of my pins are. 

I'm saying free booze or a bogo pay dinner, good or booze ..  I'll donate my pin to you.

Savings on cruise costs, diamond balcony discount, solo supplement .. a perk that saves money also high on my list.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

I swear some of you are more interested in walking around with a pin to show that you are Diamond, than you are in having the cruise. 

I use my pins for target practice along with my S and S cards 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I have been Diamond for a lot of years now. That Tier is getting very crowded. On many cruises they have two different times for the party. I think Carnival should add another tier with added incentives. Maybe, Specialty Dining on every cruise not just the first one after reaching Diamond. Drinks included for two. Wash and PRESS included. What else should they include? Suggestion. Call it EBONY requiring 500 points, maybe higher. MSC calls theirs BLACK. Lots of perks from them. Discount percentages on cruises no matter what your price is another percentage off. That would be nice.

If they include all those things, how is Carnival supposed to make any revenue off these passengers.  I don't think because you have cruised a lot means Carnival should have to give you everything for free.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Comparing Yacht Club to Havana is not a true apples to apples comparison.  You need to compare Yacht Club to the Haven on NCL.  Msc will show you more of the world, but at the same time if you cruise on them in Europe, you get the European influenced menu, which is extremely seafood forward.  Since the wife doesn't eat seafood, our MSC travels will be in this hemisphere only.  Did the Seaside in January of 2018, may do the Seashore in late 2023 or early 2024.

We like YC better than Haven. In all our euro trips we never had a food problem. Menu is different but land food to sea food is about equal.   We just love to be on a ship .. Next up Crystal 

14 minutes ago, skridge said:

If they include all those things, how is Carnival supposed to make any revenue off these passengers.  I don't think because you have cruised a lot means Carnival should have to give you everything for free.

Check out what the Pinnacle level cruisers on Royal gets versus Diamond on Carnival.  It's a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jdfireman said:

We like YC better than Haven. In all our euro trips we never had a food problem. Menu is different but land food to sea food is about equal.   We just love to be on a ship .. Next up Crystal 

I'll take quantity over quality.  Haven and Crystal both out of my price range.  Did the Yacht Club in an inside and enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival is better off trying to find creative ways to push them to higher end brands such as Princess and Holland America. They have made it very clear over the years that loyalty to Carnival Cruise Line doesn't mean much to them whereas other brands within Carnival Corporation truly go above and beyond at recognizing.

I've always agreed with VIFP doing this, and no one will convince me otherwise. At least Diamonds should be given some sort of elite access to Princess and Holland. It doesn't even have to be "like for like". The loyalty works for some people. They will have a tough time trying something new if they have a status elsewhere. Regardless of what logic you give on the perks, people are overly obsessed with "free" and "exclusive" stuff. If someone has 200+ days with Carnival and wants to experiment with something new, make it easier for them to stay within your brand. I mean, if I'm Carnival, I'd always be looking to ways to get people into higher-priced cruises. This has to help that, right?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Check out what the Pinnacle level cruisers on Royal gets versus Diamond on Carnival.  It's a joke.

I am gold.  I don't care when I get to Platinum Diamond or ebony.  I just like having a low cost vacation.  I do understand that "perks" are important to some.  I am not one of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skridge said:

I am gold.  I don't care when I get to Platinum Diamond or ebony.  I just like having a low cost vacation.  I do understand that "perks" are important to some.  I am not one of them.

That's fine.  You mentioned about Carnival possibly giving many things away for free when in fact it's the exact opposite compared to their competition.  I don't cruise for the perks, if I did, I would have chosen a different line than Carnival.  Carnival is very stingy with what they give in the VIFP program.  Their competitors give free drinks like Royal and free specialty meals like NCL when you reach Platinum, which is not even the top tier attainable.

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I have been Diamond for a lot of years now. That Tier is getting very crowded. On many cruises they have two different times for the party. I think Carnival should add another tier with added incentives. Maybe, Specialty Dining on every cruise not just the first one after reaching Diamond. Drinks included for two. Wash and PRESS included. What else should they include? Suggestion. Call it EBONY requiring 500 points, maybe higher. MSC calls theirs BLACK. Lots of perks from them. Discount percentages on cruises no matter what your price is another percentage off. That would be nice.

I don't disagree. But, with the increased demand they are seeing, as a company it may not be a priority with so many newer cruisers booking. 

I cruise with many different lines, and one of the reasons is the perks of most programs aren't all that attractive. 

I am 14 days away from Diamond. Knowing my luck they will change the tiers right before I reach it - lol!  Would have had it already with 4 cruises cancelled.  On another note, I do think they should add another tier such as Diamond Plus, and add a Platinum Plus tier, as NCL has.  75-199 point spread for Platinum is too far a spread.  I feel like I have been Platinum for years.  Oh wait - I have been!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

I cruise with many different lines, and one of the reasons is the perks of most programs aren't all that attractive. 

The balcony discount on rcl gets me to book a lot more balconys. I'm not that picky about cabin but it makes me feel like I'm getting a better deal. It's a good incentive to spend more $. Works on me.

Carnival I rarely book a balcony, no incentive to spend more. It's a big window to me. A port hole works for me too.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to Platinum, but once I get there, I'm not concerned with Diamond. It will be great if I get there, but the perks I care about most are available to Platinum too. 

Carnival basically has the worst membership. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think that many want more laundry done so that they can get away with carryons only and can save on having to pay for luggage.  The average Carnival cruiser is frugal, from wanting laundry done to avoid paying for luggage to driving to the port to not buying passports to carrying on soda, all methods to save a few bucks.

That is definitely true, but there are other reasons.  We like to fly SW to Florida.  There are no baggage fees, so we could easily check our baggage.  However, I don't like to risk my baggage getting delayed.  Plus, I don't want to do two large suitcases of laundry when I get home.  If I can travel with only carry-ons, my luggage is never lost.

I've had luggage issues in the past.  Delayed luggage twice and another time a cancelled layover flight with luggage issues.  Anyway, we like to travel with only carry-ons and just have some of the clothes washed mid cruise.  We also have passports and order soda from Carnival to be delivered to the room.  LOL

Edited by TNcruising02

47 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Never understood this, Do you cruise for the brand or the perks? I cruise for carnival not the perks. 

Depends on where you are in your cruising career. I’m retired, so itinerary is important to me. If I was still working and could only do 7 day cruises, and was happy with the Caribbean, then perks are not a big deal. But if I’m going to be on a ship for 20-30+ days, then perks start coming into play. I got to Platinum in 2012, when I took the Spirit over to Australia, and it took me 7 years to get to Diamond, in 2019 when I took the Splendor to Singapore.

I don’t use the laundry perk, so Carnival doesn’t really have any other perks that really draws me in. Now unique itineraries bring me back.

You only need  80 points on Royal to Diamond, and I Iike the evening drinks (changing to XX number on your card over the whole day), and Internet minutes. Plus as a solo traveler, I get double points, and only have to pay deposit for one.  

When I’m cruising for extended periods of time, I do like some perks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Fully aware of it Cindy, after 20 Carnival cruises over the past 35 years.  I just wish that the lines were not so long on the last sea day with the plethora of excuses for removing gratuities.

Is that what those people are lined up for - never thought about why they were there. Sad...

Tom

2 hours ago, Jdfireman said:

I use my pins for target practice along with my S and S cards 

I've kept all of ours (can't seem to toss the cards or pins). They're all in a gallon Ziploc - destined to be thrown away by one of sons one day when they're clearing out our "stuff"!

Tom

• Like 1