Being a Gentleman....

kjwinston2019

2 hours ago, Kevinwinston2019 said:

Does it get better with Chivas?

If I happen upon you and your lovely bride on a cruise I will treat you to a dram of great scotch, young man. Our cruise is now 30 days away to embarkation, Seattle R/T to Alaska.

• Like 1

I would like to apologize to those who are offended by the term "Trophy Wife" I admit that to some it might sound terrible but for us, it is just true. I am older and at the time when we met was doing all right in the Finance department. After 40 years which will be on this trip, she still looks great in my eyes. She never looks her age and I am proud of that. She is gorgeous! I feel your pain if you think Trophy wife is bad. I have used it many of the times of our great marriage. Lady Rebecca does not mind and that is who I have to follow. Please except my Apology for anyone who it annoyed. 

IMG_0409.JPG

Please do Not apologize. Enjoy life and your Trophy. Just a few liberal, cranky people on this board trying to cancel anything they do not agree with. Happy sailing to the both of you 🙂

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Please do Not apologize. Enjoy life and your Trophy. Just a few liberal, cranky people on this board trying to cancel anything they do not agree with. Happy sailing to the both of you 🙂

Being from Colorado I understand the ZG reference. Beautiful country and great skiing!

• Thanks 1

I would like to apologize to those who are offended by the term "Trophy Wife"

I feel your pain if you think Trophy wife is bad

After 40 years which will be on this trip, she still looks great in my eyes.

Please except my Apology for anyone who it annoyed.

Sir, Absolutely no need to apologize. 

You express your feelings in such a genuine manner.

Yes, I was one who commented negatively on the term " trophy wife " , only because it doesn't " fit " our personalities. For folks like yourselves , I totally understand it as a term of endearment.

Someone posted " but don't look down on those couples who do so " -- not fair, not called for, not true. 

Congratulations on your 40 year anniversary and hope there are many more.

Edited by Pinboy
duplicate sentence

I can also see using the ‘Trophy Wife’ term can be offensive and will quit referring to my wife as such……I’ll introduce my wife as ‘The Cougar’!!……..I know, I just couldn’t control myself. I’ll stop and just shut up. And if you think I’d actually do that, you have met her!

Den

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I can also see using the ‘Trophy Wife’ term can be offensive and will quit referring to my wife as such……I’ll introduce my wife as ‘The Cougar’!!……..I know, I just couldn’t control myself. I’ll stop and just shut up. And if you think I’d actually do that, you have met her!

Den

Only if she is older than you.  I've met you and your wife, and she is certainly a "Trophy."

10 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Sir, Absolutely no need to apologize. 

You express your feelings in such a genuine manner.

Yes, I was one who commented negatively on the term " trophy wife " , only because it doesn't " fit " our personalities. For folks like yourselves , I totally understand it as a term of endearment.

Someone posted " but don't look down on those couples who do so " -- not fair, not called for, not true. 

Congratulations on your 40 year anniversary and hope there are many more.

That is just very nice. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Bless your heart.  ❤️

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2021 at 11:56 AM, Denny01 said:

Don’t you understand us ‘South of the Border North Americans’ just love to break and twist the rules?!? Anytime someone sets a rule, good bad or otherwise, we think we have to find a way around it!! If Celebrity announced that we could bring 8 bottles of wine on board per SR, we’d immediately be figuring out how to get that 9th or 10th one snuck on…..who wants to miss out on their 10th bottle of ‘Two-Buck Chucks’?

I introduce my wife as my ‘trophy wife’ also…..when the others take a pause because my wife doesn’t look as if she’s in her mid-20’s, I just explain Im bad a math! Which of course gets me the ‘cold stare’ from you-know-who. 

Den

I usually introduce my bride as "My lovely wife, what's her name"'. After 23 years she has gotten used to it. LOL!

4 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Bring your own Mr & Mrs T's, Bold & Spicy.

Mr & Mrs T.jpg

Living in Florida I always bring my own mix, I used to love the Mr. & Mrs. T's until I discovered "Charleston" (must try), and will have one of the bartenders fill a glass of Tito's to  take back to the room for Bloody Mary's on the verandah in the morning.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:54 AM, SargassoPirate said:

I travel with She Who Must Be Obeyed and sometimes introduce her as my first wife - just to keep he on her toes.  35 wonderful years so far.  There's always somebody looking for something to be offended about nowadays.  They need to get over themselves and get on with life.

LOL... She Who Must Be Obeyed is what my DH uses  (or if someone really really needs my attention  he'll say, I'm sorry buy I'll have to set the The Dog of War on you.  He is very polite (English.) He tries to settle things in a gentlemanly fashion. It doesn't always work.  That's where I come in.

It works for us.

I think the Trophy Wife reference is adorable. I would not be offended. It just would not work for us LOL.

Edited by bboop51

14 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Be careful,  Den,  “Cougar” has a different connotation than “Trophy Wife”. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Be careful,  Den,  “Cougar” has a different connotation than “Trophy Wife”. 😉

Being a ‘Kept Man’ I’m well aware of that!

Before I ‘understood’ the term, I read about a cruise that was for ‘Cougars’ and thought it would be fun to join…….It was a bit odd when they asked for my photo and ‘Personal Data’. The group responded very nicely explaining they didn’t need 75yr old 5’6” 175# bald old man who was ‘more round than tall’.

Oh well. And I thought it was a chance to take our kitty with us!!  

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

@Kevinwinston2019...ain't a thing to apologize for.  Good for the both of you.

My girlfriend of 10 years is a nurse. She has "terms of endearment" for me, too.  I just can't repeat them here. 😉

I guess “graphic” is a legit part of your tag! And no, I don’t want to know…..I spent 21yrs in the Navy and I’m Not use to that type of talk!!

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, TrulyBlonde said:

“Just a few liberal, cranky people on this board trying to cancel anything they do not agree with”

I thought political comments are a no no on CC not to mention name calling.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Oville said:

“Just a few liberal, cranky people on this board trying to cancel anything they do not agree with”

I thought political comments are a no no on CC not to mention name calling.

Please explain what is political about “Just a few liberal, cranky people on this board trying to cancel anything they do not agree with”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Please explain what is political about “Just a few liberal, cranky people on this board trying to cancel anything they do not agree with”.

Thank you and you get a Trophy for your comment 😉

• Like 3

When I hear the term Trophy Wife, I immediately think of the famous scene from the sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond".  It cracks me up every time!😁

Here is the 30sec YouTube if you have not seen it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4