Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You can do the Health Status anytime if available in your App.  You just have to re-certify within 72 hrs.  I wanted to check it out and see what was asked and if it was working okay.  We show Green for Step 5 for some time now.  I imagine that would change if we did not re-certify.

Like many others, we could not complete the Health Status section due to the White Screen Of Death issue that many have. It just hangs at the white screen even after 30 minutes. Princess CSR stated they know it's an issue and not to worry and that it should become available 72 Hours before sailing. The Alaska Cruise leaving today had members that had theirs only show up the day before.

33 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Same here.  Also, the last line is labelled "Celebrations", not "Celebrating a milestone?".

I have the added Emergency Return Airport and Travel Information lines; however, my last line is "Celebrating a milestone?" not Celebrations. 

I don't have any celebrations added, does it change from one to the other if you have added a special occasion?

Edited by redrobin

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Isn't it fun to go in the app every day to see what's changed or missing?

Once I got DW and myself to show, I was happy. Support lady pointed out I have 90 days to go so I am content. Just amazed that different people see different screens !

We sail Oct 4th.  I don't get concerned with what is green.  I have all green checks except arrival time which should become available thirty days out.  The other day i had three out of five. today I have four out of five.  So that is why I mentioned how fun it is to open app and see how many checkmarks you do or don't have.  

2 hours ago, redrobin said:

I have the added Emergency Return Airport and Travel Information lines; however, my last line is "Celebrating a milestone?" not Celebrations. 

I don't have any celebrations added, does it change from one to the other if you have added a special occasion?

Sorry, I cannot remember what it was before. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary for our cruise, hence entering. Supposedly, if you have something to celebrate and let them know, they do something nice for you like put something in your room or delivery you a two person cake or something like that on the house. I don't remember all the categories but I think Anniversary, graduation, birthday, retirement are some of them and there might have been a few more. I "heard" that if you are celebrating something else not on the list, within reason, that you can call the Princess CSR and they notate it on your file.

2 hours ago, redrobin said:

IDK.  I have not added anything.  I am on Samsung/Android.

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

On Roll Call a person mentioned their Laptop - curious, does MC run on a Macbook ?

It was originally listed in the app store as running on some macs with a certain processor. It is no longer listed that way. I don't know if it ever actually worked for the Mac.

However, it should run fine on a PC if you have Windows 11. Windows 11 is designed to have the capability to run Android apps from the Play Store.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It was originally listed in the app store as running on some macs with a certain processor. It is no longer listed that way. I don't know if it ever actually worked for the Mac.

However, it should run fine on a PC if you have Windows 11. Windows 11 is designed to have the capability to run Android apps from the Play Store.

Thanks Thrak - I assumed no 'desktop' but then could not see why iOS on Mac Laptop would not run an App - my only Apple exposure is iPad and iPhone. Looking forward to Windows 11, but that is not until end of year, right ?

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks Thrak - I assumed no 'desktop' but then could not see why iOS on Mac Laptop would not run an App - my only Apple exposure is iPad and iPhone. Looking forward to Windows 11, but that is not until end of year, right ?

Microsoft says "fall". Intel has leaked stuff that hints maybe by Halloween. Who knows?  Remember when Bill Gates did his bit Windows 98 intro and got a BSOD in front of all the attendees?  Bwahahahahahahahaaaa...

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:24 PM, Thrak said:

I don't understand why so many people who are having major difficulties fail to go to the app download pages and post negative reviews detailing their issues. Complaining on CC isn't getting the complaints to the people who need to hear them. Post on the download sites. Detail the issues there. If you have already posted a review then update it with new information. Posting here is like a "wheel squeaking in space". Nobody can hear it.

I’ve recently done that on Apple’s App Store and my review has been recently published. Also I notice the number of negative reviews has climbed considerably and that the developers used to respond to the reviews asking people to get in touch by email in order to resolve personally, but they don’t appear to be doing that now, possibly because they’re overwhelmed. In my case I’d go along with what an earlier poster inferred that the held cruise data has likely become corrupted or the links between the app and the server are just broken. Either way it’s the lack of communication by Princess on the issues, that I find frustrating as they seem to be using a sticky plaster approach to fixing problems. Guess for my upcoming cruise I’ll be even more frustrated at the port when I have to join the blue line and my travel companions, new to the app, sail on through and straight on to the ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have a Mac Mini M1 running my wife's and my accounts. A feature of the M1 is the ability to run IOS apps. The MedallionClass app worked on her account, but not on mine. This is the response I received from MedallionClass Support:

"Unfortunately, despite what Apple lists as compatible in the app store, the MedallionClass app is only accessible using a smart device, like a phone or tablet.

We submit the iOS version we work with, and Apple determines the list of compatible devices from the operating system information.  We have no control over what devices Apple lists.

We can confirm that the only way to access the features within the app is by using a smart device." 

In the past the App Store listed the devices the app would run on, including Mac Mini M1. I believe it listed iPhone 5S or later. iPhone 5S was released in 2013. It now lists compatibility by IOS, currently IOS 13 or later. IOS 13 was released in 2019.

Edited by billco
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, Tedferg said:

We are version 3.1.3 on iOS

I have downloaded IOS 14.7 on my iPhone SE, no problem.  But when I tried to get the new 3.1.3 version of the app, it did not download.  Just did the old one 3.0.92723.  I removed the app and re-downloaded it and no luck.  When I go into my settings and then to the app it does not give me the option the update.  Any suggestions?

5 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I have downloaded IOS 14.7 on my iPhone SE, no problem.  But when I tried to get the new 3.1.3 version of the app, it did not download.  Just did the old one 3.0.92723.  I removed the app and re-downloaded it and no luck.  When I go into my settings and then to the app it does not give me the option the update.  Any suggestions?

Welcome to the crowd, my next cruise is not until January so I will give it a month or so and then see how it works.  Work full time so no real time to spend hours on hold with Princess

1 minute ago, DavidsNana said:

The update should be in the app store not in your app settings. Do a search in the app store for medallionclass. When it comes up click on the medallion icon NOT on open.  The next page should have the update button.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

The update should be in the app store not in your app settings. Do a search in the app store for medallionclass. When it comes up click on the medallion icon NOT on open.  The next page should have the update button.

Interesting, I check the App store but if it says Open I assume there is no update. Support said there is another Update this week, don't know which day.

45 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Interesting, I check the App store but if it says Open I assume there is no update. Support said there is another Update this week, don't know which day.

The person I was replying too could not see the latest version of the app after upgrading his phone.  I was giving him/her a workaround.  Usually “open” is fine but if you miss an update you have to go to page two to find it.  That is where the version history resides as well.

I'm using an android phone and trying to "scan" my passport but not sure how to do it. Do you touch to take pic or does it do it automatically? Can't seem to get it to work and I know I need to have it in there.

Thanks!

Edited by P.A.

37 minutes ago, P.A. said:

I'm using an android phone and trying to "scan" my passport but not sure how to do it. Do you touch to take pic or does it do it automatically? Can't seem to get it to work and I know I need to have it in there.

Thanks!

Didn't scan for me. I entered all the info manually and it has a green check mark. I've thought about removing all the passport info to see if it offers me another chance to scan the passport but it seems that, since I do have a green check mark, it likely doesn't really need the scan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Thank you t&atravel.  But I tried this and when I click on the medallion icon, NOT on open, the next page just still says "Open", not update.  I looked at pictures on the internet and see where the word "update" should be but not there instead just "open".  Then down below, it says What's New and version history and says that 3.1.3 was one week ago and then what it had in that update such as emergency airport return, health and vax submission etc.  I got rid of the app and reloaded and I am still coming up with the old one.  So all my checks are green, I've gotten our passports scanned in without trouble and made our dining reservations including specialty restaurants.  I think I will just take a wait and see and keep checking for the last thing that I need a green check by and that is Arrival/boarding time/group and that can't be done until closer to sailing date.  As long as I get that before flying to Ft. Lauderdale in Feb. then I won't sweat it anymore.  We will have to show our vax cards at the port anyway.  Thanks again for your help.  I will keep checking for that update off and on.

28 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Didn't scan for me. I entered all the info manually and it has a green check mark. I've thought about removing all the passport info to see if it offers me another chance to scan the passport but it seems that, since I do have a green check mark, it likely doesn't really need the scan.

I finally got it to work after about 30 times. I did uninstall and re-install. But now it won't take my security photo. Geez!!