Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 minute ago, P.A. said:

I finally got it to work after about 30 times. I did uninstall and re-install. But now it won't take my security photo. Geez!!

The security photo has to be a selfie. You should see an "outline" to put your face in. If you don't see the outline you got bumped past the security photo to the profile photo. You can't upload an existing photo for the security photo.

Just now, Thrak said:

The security photo has to be a selfie. You should see an "outline" to put your face in. If you don't see the outline you got bumped past the security photo to the profile photo. You can't upload an existing photo for the security photo.

I did that! Like 5 times, all clear pics. All within the marks

1 minute ago, P.A. said:

I did that! Like 5 times, all clear pics. All within the marks

Ah, well. If it never works they will just take one when you get to the ship. Don't you just love the "quality" of the coding for this app?

3 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Then down below, it says What's New and version history and says that 3.1.3 was one week ago and then what it had in that update such as emergency airport return, health and vax submission etc.  I got rid of the app and reloaded and I am still coming up with the old one.

I do not see how to check actual version of the App. When I check on App Store it shows usually shows Open, occasionally it show Update. I have had the problem that Health and Travel info do not show in Personal Info. I recently erased and reloaded but no improvement. I just checked iPhone which I have not used before and Travel items now show ! Went back to iPad and they are there too. Now I did send an email to Support, so do not know if they fixed it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I uploaded a picture from my camera roll, same one for Profile and Security, one for DW and one for me. They both show in the app.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I uploaded a picture from my camera roll, same one for Profile and Security, one for DW and one for me. They both show in the app.

Hmmm.... Are you iOS or Android?  There was no option to upload an existing photo for the security pic for us. (Android)

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I was able to upload the security photo of both myself and my son (who lives in Tennessee and me in CA) by pulling up a recent photo that I had stored on my computer in my pictures file.  I just pointed my camera phone to that when it asked for the security picture and I shot a photo of the photo.  Worked like a charm and is still there with green checks.  I could have taken a selfie of myself but obviously not of him so glad this worked for me.

2 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

Thank you t&atravel.  But I tried this and when I click on the medallion icon, NOT on open, the next page just still says "Open", not update.  I looked at pictures on the internet and see where the word "update" should be but not there instead just "open".  Then down below, it says What's New and version history and says that 3.1.3 was one week ago and then what it had in that update such as emergency airport return, health and vax submission etc.  I got rid of the app and reloaded and I am still coming up with the old one.  

I’m confused!  If it shows the version history in the app store as 3.1.3 and it says “open” you DO have the newest version of the app.  What makes you think you have the old version?  If it’s because you aren’t showing the airport return, heath etc that the update “says” it added then don’t worry, I don’t have it either.  With this app just because it says it added something don’t always expect it to be there.  😂 

On 7/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, AF-1 said:

Isn't it fun to go in the app every day to see what's changed or missing?

So today it works, I see Travel Info etc. I sent a second email to Support so don’t know if they fixed data. 

I think they did do something to their program.

A lot of my problem questions have seemed to have corrected themselves. The only area of unanswered items is now selection an arrival time and dining choice, which is understandable. (android) 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I think they did do something to their program.

A lot of my problem questions have seemed to have corrected themselves. The only area of unanswered items is now selection an arrival time and dining choice, which is understandable. (android) 

Yes, same here.  Not concerned about Arrival Time yet, but would like to see a policy where it opens X days prior to sail date and opens earlier for Elites & Suites. 

I, too, am unable to get into dining for a B2B2B, but did for another booking.  Just playing the wait-and-see game now.

It is nice to see some more stability and existed a month ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still cannot see an emergency airport return section but I can see and fill out the health section. No upload of a vaccination card though either. 

edit...

I just updated the app and the emergency airport return section and travel section are here! Travel section has not correctly imported all my EZ Air reservations though. 

Edited by erber

I'm giving up. Yesterday after much trouble, I finally got all green ck marks. Today, it's showing travel docs needed for my husband. Who knows maybe tomorrow it will show something different.🤪

A new version of MC App was posted last night approx.  I just opened up Play Store and to MC App and it downloaded a new version.  The current Android version is 3.0.93251 as of July 24.  Prior version was updated July 12, which was 3.0.92725.

• Guests who have not filled Health Status yet can go Green Lane (assuming other items are good).
  • Fixed address save for those with no linked journeys.
  • Fixed problem where address info would be required to make a res while on a journey.
  • Fixed issue where guests who had multiple journeys (e.g. my B2B2B in OCT 2022) could not make dining res.
  • Various other bug fixes.

I am going to check the DMW now and report back.

ETA:  DMW still Not Available for our B2B2B.

My fix appeared without updating App and prior fix happened while talking to Support - so I assume these are Data related. Possibly a data  fix for upcoming cruises, or a full overhaul of Data for many people. 

52 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

My fix appeared without updating App and prior fix happened while talking to Support - so I assume these are Data related. Possibly a data  fix for upcoming cruises, or a full overhaul of Data for many people. 

Yes, there are both App bugs and issues as well as customer data issues.

I've had everything but health status completed for a few days. Yesterday we were still "Blue Lane" but upon checking just now we finally show "Green Lane". What is happening, who can know, just maybe they are fixing some bugs, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..." lol

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

A new version of MC App was posted last night approx.  I just opened up Play Store and to MC App and it downloaded a new version.  The current Android version is 3.0.93251 as of July 24.  Prior version was updated July 12, which was 3.0.92725.

• Guests who have not filled Health Status yet can go Green Lane (assuming other items are good).
  • Fixed address save for those with no linked journeys.
  • Fixed problem where address info would be required to make a res while on a journey.
  • Fixed issue where guests who had multiple journeys (e.g. my B2B2B in OCT 2022) could not make dining res.
  • Various other bug fixes.

I am going to check the DMW now and report back.

ETA:  DMW still Not Available for our B2B2B.

I just updated to the new version (Android 11) and still can't book dining for the same time at the same table for every day for my B2B2B2B in Sep 2022.  I can still book individual days.

Screenshot_20210727-134503.png

5 minutes ago, clueless2 said:

I just updated to the new version (Android 11) and still can't book dining for the same time at the same table for every day for my B2B2B2B in Sep 2022.  I can still book individual days.

Interesting.  For B2B2B begin OCT 01, I don't even get past step 1 to see any res or make a choice.  I get DMW Unavailable - Check Back Later.  Thanks for letting me know your SEP situation.