Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 5/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, Digisailor said:

We got the tracking number - and it was a few days before “informeddelivery dot com” (US only I think…) started showing motion.  Received medallions about 2 weeks before sailing date.  

We received our tracking email 2 days after they were delivered. 🥴

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

What is the link to the web version? Is it the same as the Cruise Personaliser and if not what is the point in having 2 different things. 

I found the link to the web based MedallionClass app in the CruisePersonalizer to get OceanReady but I’ve only used the app version.

Don't have a compatible device? Try our web version

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We received our tracking email 2 days after they were delivered. 🥴

At least in the UK that is one problem we don’t have to worry about as we can only pick up at the port.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I found the link to the web based MedallionClass app in the CruisePersonalizer to get OceanReady but I’ve only used the app version.

Don't have a compatible device? Try our web version

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

Guess what we are now Green again. I really don’t know whether I am going to even try uploading the Covid Pass in case it mucks it up. I was going to try the web version on the PC, but might just skip the whole thing. I was taking paper copies anyway so might just go with that. Thinking about what to do now.

If Princess we’re doing an update or maintenance over the weekend why didn’t they just tell us that. A simple note at the top of the App would have done, just like the banks do if they are doing maintenance on the site. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, amajaa said:

At least in the UK that is one problem we don’t have to worry about as we can only pick up at the port.

Guess what we are now Green again. I really don’t know whether I am going to even try uploading the Covid Pass in case it mucks it up. I was going to try the web version on the PC, but might just skip the whole thing. I was taking paper copies anyway so might just go with that. Thinking about what to do now.

If Princess we’re doing an update or maintenance over the weekend why didn’t they just tell us that. A simple note at the top of the App would have done, just like the banks do if they are doing maintenance on the site. 

We've never bothered with uploading our vax cards.  We just show them at the port with the rest of our docs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

So yesterday we were Yellow.  Today we are back to Green.  I did nothing at all to cause this to change.  I haven't done anything with the app for weeks.

What a great tool.  🤣

Exactly same here. 

10 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We've never bothered with uploading our vax cards.  We just show them at the port with the rest of our docs.

I thought uploaded the vaccine pass and then the antigen test had only come in in the last week or so, before that you had to take with you anyway or show the pass on the NHS app

Edited by amajaa

19 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Exactly same here. 

I thought uploaded the vaccine pass and then the antigen test had only come in in the last week or so, before that you had to take with you anyway or show the pass on the NHS app

I've been in IT since 1979 - having backup is ingrained in my psyche.  Won't leave home without it.  😀

• Like 2

Catching up for our next cruise thought I had most stuff done.

Went from green to yellow,  updated app now blue.

The vax/test docs are being asked for

Looks like they have set the filter on the upload to image and not included pdf

Just about every test certificate, vax status etc. is deliver in pdf format.

Scary stuff,   people are getting paid from our cruise money I wonder how many $ a cruise day this is costing me.

• Like 1

I continue seeing evidence that makes me doubt the reliability of data being used.  The latest email with the subject of:  "Booking #******: Make your cruise extra special" has the now standard platitude of being humbled by my loyalty, but the number of cruises listed is what I was at pre-pause and does not include the five I have taken since Princess has resumed cruising.  The total number of cruises is correct in my profile on the website, so what database was used to populate this most recent email?  SMH

21 hours ago, amajaa said:

Reading all this I am really frightened now to even try to upload vaccine proof and Antigen test.

I thought cruising was supposed to be stress free, well it used to be but not any more. 

Save the angst...just show up with your docs, they have to look at them anyway when you get to the port. On our April cruise, the rep looked at our passport plus our paperwork for vax and test.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Save the angst...just show up with your docs, they have to look at them anyway when you get to the port. On our April cruise, the rep looked at our passport plus our paperwork for vax and test.

Was there a line for Green with Medallion at any port check in?

We sailed from San Pedro, Los Angeles and the only separation at check in was (a) Platinum / Elite or (b) Other. As you state, short line to check our Passport, Vaccination Proof and Covid screen. We collected our medallions there; I think she gave us a card that said Green Lane but there was only one way to board the ship. My point is that there was no special line for people who already had medallions, Maybe the new facility to upload proof of vaccination etc. will mean some people can go straight to boarding with a medallion. But that has not been the case so far and so no need to pre order medallion or worry about blue lane green lane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Was there a line for Green with Medallion at any port check in?

We sailed from San Pedro, Los Angeles and the only separation at check in was (a) Platinum / Elite or (b) Other. As you state, short line to check our Passport, Vaccination Proof and Covid screen. We collected our medallions there; I think she gave us a card that said Green Lane but there was only one way to board the ship. My point is that there was no special line for people who already had medallions, Maybe the new facility to upload proof of vaccination etc. will mean some people can go straight to boarding with a medallion. But that has not been the case so far and so no need to pre order medallion or worry about blue lane green lane.

San Pedro in the "tent". Is that 92 or 93? Anyway, not the more organized one. We went to that one for a BVE (back when) and they didn't even know what it was.

No green lane that I saw.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

There was a green lane at FLL.  No line at all. We were in the elite priority line, green lane.  2 mins to show docs.

Only line I saw was at the checkin counter, if you had to pick up a medallion, but it was not long.  Depends on the time of your checkin and the port. 

The lines moved very quickly at FLL.

If everyone did nothing with the App or website to check in….then there could be lines, just like the past.  I think it did really speed up checkin for everyone. JMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

That would be way too easy!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

San Pedro in the "tent". Is that 92 or 93? Anyway, not the more organized one. We went to that one for a BVE (back when) and they didn't even know what it was.

No green lane that I saw.

It was 92 just next to the Iowa Battleship Museum. Yes, not very organized.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

I was getting a notice on the website over the weekend that the system was down, please try later.  I also did a chat with Princess and she advised their system was down.

It seems the weekend is the time for their updates or changes, so I’d just wait to do anything until midweek, if possible.

5 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Looks like they have set the filter on the upload to image and not included pdf

Just about every test certificate, vax status etc. is deliver in pdf format.

Very wrong of them to not include PDF uploads.  

5 hours ago, kamelia said:

I continue seeing evidence that makes me doubt the reliability of data being used.  The latest email with the subject of:  "Booking #******: Make your cruise extra special" has the now standard platitude of being humbled by my loyalty, but the number of cruises listed is what I was at pre-pause and does not include the five I have taken since Princess has resumed cruising.  The total number of cruises is correct in my profile on the website, so what database was used to populate this most recent email?  SMH

I don't know that it's the data that's unreliable so much as the interface.  That's all the app is.  When we've gotten to the terminal, the data has been fine.  The app is just a royal POS.  Different developers and project managers, I think.  One group good, the other not so much.  Just MHO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I agree.  I found this out yesterday when trying to load my Vaccine certificates.  I could not figure out what was happening and then I took pictures with my phone, downloaded it to my computer and then entered them that way.  How convoluted.  PDF is pretty commonplace.  Just another pain with this app.

Another pain is when trying to enter Specialty Dining reservations using the Princess complimentary reservation. My complimentary res does not show up, but I have read that is the case for some and others have no problems, again pain in the neck app with such inconsistency.  I don't trust that if I pay  for the reservation now that Princess will easily reimburse me.  I have tried shutting off my phone and just plain attempting over and over at various times.

1 hour ago, alibabacruisers said:

Another questkon please.  Under wifi, what is considered multiple devices? Can I use phone then change sim to ipad   ? One device at a time or just diff devices total? Not too tech oriented. Thanks

One device at a time.  You can switch between them.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact process but it wasn't too hard (someone will probably chime in) and basically if you are currently logged in on device #1 and try to log in on device #2 you get a message asking if you want to disconnect from the first device.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I checked on the web interface and it filters to some image formats.

If you change the filter to pdf the upload fails.

(Not sure how to change the filter on Android but does not matter now)

Took pics of the print and uploaded them.

never had the covid docs checked properly at the port anyone could get through.

Tiny cafe in Greece did a better job.

1 hour ago, whataboutport said:

Anther question about wifi. Might be dumb, but it's shipwide right?

On the sky the WiFi worked everywhere most of the time intranet got a bit slow at times meaning access to ship stuff got tedious

However the internet access was sporadic when it worked could be very slow, so bad got a refund(12n $60pp had P+)