When Princess restarts cruises this summer, what would you like to ask the first passengers when they're back?

MJC

I think we're all going to have a lot to ask when people get back! I hope some of them will visit this thread and share their experiences with the rest of us. I am on the first scheduled cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in November, so I'm very curious what will be the same, what will be different... so many questions. How full was the ship? What do you wish you had done differently, and what worked well for you? Tell us about how excursions were handled. How was the boarding process? Did anyone test positive, and if so did they get to stay in their cabin or were they moved elsewhere? Did more people stay onboard on port days? Could you really order a drink and get it anywhere on the ship, did that really work out? And most importantly, were there chair hogs? lol

I am curious, since the disco and other music venues seem like they will be limited or closed, if you had more deck parties? Were there other things that were moved outside that are usually inside? What about the dance lessons and fitness classes?

Enquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Good luck cruises out of FLL.  

yes - Like Celebrity Edge that left yesterday ( 6/27 ) on a 7 night cruise

side note: Disney just cancelled a scheduled 2 day test cruise from Port Canaveral on 6/29 due to covid testing 'inconsistencies'

The Disney Dream had been scheduled to set sail Tuesday from Port Canaveral, Florida, with 300 employees who had volunteered for the “simulation” cruise. But the trip was postponed until next month, pending approvals, because a small number of employees had inconsistent results for COVID-19, “which is considered positive by the CDC," Disney said in a statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MJC said:

I think we're all going to have a lot to ask when people get back! I hope some of them will visit this thread and share their experiences with the rest of us. I am on the first scheduled cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in November, so I'm very curious what will be the same, what will be different... so many questions. How full was the ship? What do you wish you had done differently, and what worked well for you? Tell us about how excursions were handled. How was the boarding process? Did anyone test positive, and if so did they get to stay in their cabin or were they moved elsewhere? Did more people stay onboard on port days? Could you really order a drink and get it anywhere on the ship, did that really work out? And most importantly, were there chair hogs? lol

I am curious, since the disco and other music venues seem like they will be limited or closed, if you had more deck parties? Were there other things that were moved outside that are usually inside? What about the dance lessons and fitness classes?

EXCELLENT Questions!!!  I want to know everyone's impressions & experiences too!

Also, I read this today:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/covid-19-protection-program/?fbclid=IwAR0PCfZ6SDbh6ZGYHLBkkm5vMbVCFOO6Znova5D4Jdwfw8IyIVzsP0Mlzuc

feels like a completely different tone from the Pax agreement we previously accepted.

13 hours ago, MJC said:

Could you really order a drink and get it anywhere on the ship, did that really work out?

On this thought.....could you use the drink package to get a drink delivered to your stateroom? In the past, this was considered Room Service and not available....but Princess keeps saying 'have a drink delivered anywhere'...and now they have the drink package included in the Best fare....so....???

I would just love a Bloody Mary showing up at my stateroom door in the morning.... ☺️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

On this thought.....could you use the drink package to get a drink delivered to your stateroom? In the past, this was considered Room Service and not available....but Princess keeps saying 'have a drink delivered anywhere'...and now they have the drink package included in the Best fare....so....???

I would just love a Bloody Mary showing up at my stateroom door in the morning.... ☺️

I am sure that they would deliver it but you will probably be charged for it.  The drinks package states that it cannot be used for room service

IF the Majestic Princess cruise on August 8, 2021 takes place, and IF we are fortunate enough to be on the ship (the normal cruising uncertainty is compounded by Southwest’s troubles), I will be posting my observations on my blog (address in signature). I’ll start a new post on this board when I publish the first post (around August 5-6). 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

IF the Majestic Princess cruise on August 8, 2021 takes place, and IF we are fortunate enough to be on the ship (the normal cruising uncertainty is compounded by Southwest’s troubles), I will be posting my observations on my blog (address in signature). I’ll start a new post on this board when I publish the first post (around August 5-6). 

Thank you!  I'll be looking for that.  I always enjoy reading about your adventures and appreciate your excellent writing skills. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I'm hoping for a "Live From" on this forum, where various posters on board contribute to a single thread, so some duplication may be avoided ... but hey - duplication from a different viewpoint is not really duplication then

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

@PescadoAmarillo

Not sure what has changed since I often read your blog but...

When using the link in your signature I get this:

================================================================

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Edited by Thrak

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Not sure what has changed since I often read your blog but...

When using the link in your signature I get this:

================================================================

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

You know, I got that one time in the past year, but never again. I did nothing to cause it or resolve it, so I’m baffled too. 

2 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You know, I got that one time in the past year, but never again. I did nothing to cause it or resolve it, so I’m baffled too. 

The link in your signature is:  http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/

If I use my old link it works fine. I just have to select what I want from the right hand column:

https://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/

The only difference I can see is that my saved link is a secure link - https vs http

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I'd like to know how the COVID-19 vaccine verification went. My hubby's card is missing all info in the healthcare professional/location column. I got his record from the state, and that doesn't have anything either. So, I'd like to know how rigorously they're checking these and if people were getting turned away. It says on their website that info of one of the two kinds in that column is necessary, so I'm not too happy about that. 

And I hope that your IF on the Majestic cruise turns into a great cruise for you. 😀

46 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you for your help!  I’ve changed my signature to the secure link. Since either one worked for me, I can’t tell if that fixes the issue, but I hope so. 

Works great now. Looking forward to your review of the "new cruising". 😎

35 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'd like to know how the COVID-19 vaccine verification went. My hubby's card is missing all info in the healthcare professional/location column. I got his record from the state, and that doesn't have anything either. So, I'd like to know how rigorously they're checking these and if people were getting turned away. It says on their website that info of one of the two kinds in that column is necessary, so I'm not too happy about that. 

And I hope that your IF on the Majestic cruise turns into a great cruise for you. 😀

Sigh... Still working on getting the record from the state. Your post is not that encouraging as far as it actually being any advantage to have that info.

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... Still working on getting the record from the state. Your post is not that encouraging as far as it actually being any advantage to have that info.

Sorry to be raining on your parade.  I also requested ALL my husband's vaccination records from the state. Don't have anything back on that yet. I hope you can get things straightened out.  It just shouldn't be this hard. 

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Sorry to be raining on your parade.  I also requested ALL my husband's vaccination records from the state. Don't have anything back on that yet. I hope you can get things straightened out.  It just shouldn't be this hard. 

They didn't take an email or phone number when we got vaccinated. Of course they did send email regarding our appointments so they had the info but...

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They didn't take an email or phone number when we got vaccinated. Of course they did send email regarding our appointments so they had the info but...

It's all so weird. I guess they were just getting it done as quick as possible. I set our appointments up online and gave them my cellphone number. That's what we used to access the state site for COVID vaccinations. They said to bring all the insurance info and such, but then they never asked for anything. Guy in the parking lot asked to see our driver's licenses to make sure we were age elligible, but that was it, They had us fill out our own info on the cards, and that's all that's on my hubby's. 

Have you tried Enloe Hospital? If you got your shots same place as we did in Chico, then Enloe might have your records.

Edited by Sea Hag
afterthought

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

How great to see you back!!!  Hope all is well!! What made you decide to cruise again?  When I read your last comments in 2020 it appeared your cruise blog would end.  Withdrawal was so hard last year…We left Jan 6,2020 on Coral Princess for So America and Antarctica (Cosmos land trip first to Iguaza Falls) got home Feb 7 as Covid was beginning.  All my cruises cancelled, rebooked for 2021, those cancelled!!  Hoping the Enchanted for 12/30/21 we booked is a go!  I had several of my Enchanted trips cancelled - so looking forward to the new ship and we got one of the floor to ceiling ocean view cabins!!