Oasis - Grand suite... skip beverage package?

We are booked for a 2-bedroom suite (deck 9) over Thanksgiving on Oasis.  Debating on the drink package.... we have always purchased the package for adults and teens/kids as they enjoy getting their own soda freestyle cup and virgin daquiris.  This is our first time in a suite.... sounds like we have access to drinks for adults in the evening in the suite lounge and possibly at the pool?  Can someone fill me in on where/when we can get drinks and whether drink package makes sense in a suite... It's $950 for 2 adults right now our week! yikes!!!  We do plan to eat most our meals in Coastal Kitchen but might do a few specialty dinners. 

What about our day at CocoCay?   Will we have to pay out of pocket for drinks or do they have any suite perks on the island? 

HELP! 🙂

7 minutes ago, miamimere said:

We are booked for a 2-bedroom suite (deck 9) over Thanksgiving on Oasis.  Debating on the drink package.... we have always purchased the package for adults and teens/kids as they enjoy getting their own soda freestyle cup and virgin daquiris.  This is our first time in a suite.... sounds like we have access to drinks for adults in the evening in the suite lounge and possibly at the pool?  Can someone fill me in on where/when we can get drinks and whether drink package makes sense in a suite... It's $950 for 2 adults right now our week! yikes!!!  We do plan to eat most our meals in Coastal Kitchen but might do a few specialty dinners. 

What about our day at CocoCay?   Will we have to pay out of pocket for drinks or do they have any suite perks on the island? 

HELP! 🙂

No free drinks for suite passengers at the pool or on Coco Cay  Free drinks in the SL during happy hour from a limited menu.  Pre-covid you could get beer and wine during the day in the lounge but who know what will happen now

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

What level of C&A are you ?...If at least D you may have vouchers to use. I would hold off on purchasing the package...see how things are going by the time you sail.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashland said:

What level of C&A are you ?...If at least D you may have vouchers to use. I would hold off on purchasing the package...see how things are going by the time you sail.

This cruise with double points will put us at Diamond, but we will be Emerald coming in... 

I am just trying to figure out when we will be purchasing out of pocket - sounds like at CocoCay and during the day at the pool (unless we want to go in CK and grab a beer/wine).  Dinner drinks will be covered if we eat at CK until 8 or 9?  So, maybe  few drinks at the shows.... doesn't sound like it's worth $950 drink package unless we hit it really hard at CocoCay! haha... 

• Haha 1

We are in an OS on Harmony  in March and are definitely getting the DBP.  Drinks in the SL are limited in variety (no frozen stuff, not great brands of anything) and you have to keep going there to get even that.  If I’m at the pool, going to a show, I don’t want to have to run up to deck 17 to get a drink.

• Like 2

That’s $475 each (op said $950 for 2) divided by 7 days is about $67per day.  With drinks running $13 before gratuity that’s 5 per day each not counting any non alcoholic beverages such as bottled water, fresh juice, smoothies.  Not sure where/how you are getting your numbers.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 4

It’s not even close to 15 drinks per day.  

Is the 995 before gratuity?  If not it’s actually $1,174.

A 13.00 drink is actually 15.34 with tip which means 10.9 premium drinks per day.  You don’t  have to have that many a day to have the package work, especially if you get water, juice, coffee and soda with it.  

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa

7 minutes ago, poocher said:

That’s $425 each (op said $950 for 2) divided by 7 days is just over $60 per day.  With drinks running $13 before gratuity that 4-5 per day each not counting any non alcoholic beverages such as bottled water, fresh juice, smoothies.  Not sure where/how you are getting your numbers.

Exactly

28 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Because there's free beer/wine 12 hours per day, in addition to the cocktail hour

And I don’t drink beer, wine only with dinner and I want to try drinks from the various bars on the ship.  It all depends on how you partake.  There is no hard and fast answer to the DBP.  For us, it would have to get much more expensive than it is not to be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

It’s not even close to 15 drinks per day.  

Is the 995 before gratuity?  If not it’s actually $1,174.

A 13.00 drink is actually 15.34 with tip which means 10.9 premium drinks per day.  You don’t  have to have that many a day to have the package work, especially if you get water, juice, coffee and soda with it.  

And that’s for 2 people.

We tried going without the drink package in a CLS on Symphony a couple of years ago.  Figured that we'd pay as you go during the day or during the evenings for shows, and taking advantage of the Suite Lounge beer/wine during the day and happy hour.  I didn't track it closely but figure we spent about the same as if we had purchased the package.  Obviously, it depends on how much you drink. 

I said that we'd go back to getting a drink package for future Oasis class suite cruises but with the change to C&A daily drink coupons that can be used anywhere during the day, we'll try again without a package on Allure in September. We're Diamond so we can use our 3 coupons pool side or at an evening show, in addition to wine/beer available during the day (if that still exists) and happy hour in the SL.   I'm starting to appreciate good bourbon, and may end up buying the package just so I have more bourbon flexibility.

• Like 1

We're D+ and typically stay in a GS (these days, at least), but we always still get the package. The last thing we want to do on the ship is to worry about where to go to get a drink, what time it is, whether we've used 2 or 3 or 4 vouchers, whether we want to spend the money or the voucher to try something, is the shot of espresso in the middle of the afternoon worth it, and any number of other nagging concerns.

Plus, it's nice not to have the bar tab at the end of the cruise. 

In the end, we might come out ahead, and we might come out behind. The truth is that we've never really kept close count of how much we've had on our cruises. 

And that's exactly the point. 

Edited by DCPIV
  • Like 3

On 7/5/2021 at 5:37 PM, bobmacliberty said:

My mistake.  Even better.  

On 7/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, Ashland said:

And D+ ?

What Ken didn't say... Is it is 4/5/6 drinks up to $13 anytime of the day or night... 
For now, they are not limiting you to the DL hours or menu

• Like 1