JamieLogical's Big NCL vs. Celebrity Thread

Have a great time Jamie!  I am curious if daily housekeeping services are still provided? During the past few weeks, I've spent long weekends (4 nights, 5 days) at Hard Rock Atlantic City, The Hotel Hershey and Wind Creek and none of them provided daily housekeeping services during our stay.  If you call housekeeping, they will bring fresh towels and such, but no making-up of beds, emptying the trash etc. 

1 hour ago, jx2mom said:

no making-up of beds, emptying the trash etc. 

A co-worker stayed recently in a hotel and asked specifically about emptying the trash basket. She was told to set it outside the door in the morning, and it would be emptied and returned.

Jamie, I have an odd and slightly delicate (no, not that way) question. I'm older than you, male, and dress conservatively, so anything I'm likely to wear on a cruise will fall within the norms, in all respects except possibly one: quality.

Working for a nonprofit organization that has affluent volunteers has made me neurotic about the quality of my clothes. Specifically, almost my entire wardrobe, and my entire travel wardrobe, is made of easy-care fabrics. The volunteers run a large rummage sale and are (maybe justifiably) proud that it's the best in our region. Although this has eased just a little, for years the people in charge rejected all donated clothing that wasn't 100% natural fibers. Anything with even a single molecule of polyester went straight into a bag to pass on to a less snooty organization, if not into the trash bin. My Celebrity cruise is in the Bering Sea.

The volunteers don't expect me to dress like them, since they don't pay me enough to move in their social circle. But am I going to feel self-conscious with sweaters that aren't 100% wool, shirts that aren't 100% cotton, etc.?

6 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Also, I hope I'm not offending, but you don't appear to be really tall.  Since I am also on the vertically challenged list, if I'm correct, how do the pants fit lengthwise?

I will have to get you the Amazon links tomorrow, as I am now in PA to do the mud run with my Dad tomorrow morning and only have my phone with me. I find it to be a pain to try to post links or photos with my phone. As for height, I am 5'6" and able to wear the pants I bought with flats.

15 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I will have to get you the Amazon links tomorrow, as I am now in PA to do the mud run with my Dad tomorrow morning and only have my phone with me. I find it to be a pain to try to post links or photos with my phone. As for height, I am 5'6" and able to wear the pants I bought with flats.

Thanks.  Then you are a lot taller than I am, so I might have a "little" problem with the length.  Will have to check them out, though.

19 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Jamie, I have an odd and slightly delicate (no, not that way) question. I'm older than you, male, and dress conservatively, so anything I'm likely to wear on a cruise will fall within the norms, in all respects except possibly one: quality.

Working for a nonprofit organization that has affluent volunteers has made me neurotic about the quality of my clothes. Specifically, almost my entire wardrobe, and my entire travel wardrobe, is made of easy-care fabrics. The volunteers run a large rummage sale and are (maybe justifiably) proud that it's the best in our region. Although this has eased just a little, for years the people in charge rejected all donated clothing that wasn't 100% natural fibers. Anything with even a single molecule of polyester went straight into a bag to pass on to a less snooty organization, if not into the trash bin. My Celebrity cruise is in the Bering Sea.

The volunteers don't expect me to dress like them, since they don't pay me enough to move in their social circle. But am I going to feel self-conscious with sweaters that aren't 100% wool, shirts that aren't 100% cotton, etc.?

Easy care and light weight is often preferred for travel.  Most will have packed with that in mind so you should fit right in!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, Turtles06 said:

Assuming you aren’t joking, of course not. 

Why I myself feel absolutely naked with out my handmade alpaca boxer briefs on. They have to be rolled up and packed just so,  to prevent wrinkling🧐

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Thanks.  Then you are a lot taller than I am, so I might have a "little" problem with the length.  Will have to check them out, though.

Here is a link to the pants. They come in many prints and colors:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GDZ8TDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Here is a link to the shirts. I got the long, roll-up sleeve version in navy, black, and white to wear over camisoles I already owned.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P76HQK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

• Like 1

Well, everyone, I had hoped to be able to do a semi-live review, but the free wifi isn't working well on my laptop and I can't imagine trying to do that much typing on my phone, so I am going to just be taking notes on my laptop and posting them all later. Sorry to let you all down, bit in promise to try to get answers to all of your questions and report back!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Well, everyone, I had hoped to be able to do a semi-live review, but the free wifi isn't working well on my laptop and I can't imagine trying to do that much typing on my phone, so I am going to just be taking notes on my laptop and posting them all later. Sorry to let you all down, bit in promise to try to get answers to all of your questions and report back!

Don't worry about it, enjoy the cruise!!!