LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You can insert a picture where ever your cursor is. So type something then insert a picture. Then type somdthing else and then insert another picture, etc.

Gotcha. I inserted all the pics first before typing. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad news out of the way first (I'm a glass half full kind of guy).

Bad news; my cell phone carrier has already charged me $150 worth of International roaming charges 😡.  I've been on a chat with a live agent of theirs practically all morning (so it seems). I've concluded that these charges stem from posting here on CC. Looks like I need to find a Wi-fi hot spot. Not sure if the Bahamas even has any. I'll have to "go off the grid" for a bit until I can find a Wi-fi hot spot (so I dont break the bank).

Good news; I got "Royal Up'd"! RCI accepted my bid and upgraded me from a balcony to a spacious balcony stateroom. Only cost me $60 ( $30 pp). They moved me up to deck 9 from deck 8. SWEET! Almost suite! (but not quite, lol).

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Only cost me $60 ( $30 pp).

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?  They wanted a min. of $ 250 pp when I checked it out?  How did you bid lower than their min?  If that's the case I need to redo that.  We are in same boat, but different ship...Allure.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad news out of the way first (I'm a glass half full kind of guy).

Bad news; my cell phone carrier has already charged me $150 worth of International roaming charges 😡.  I've been on a chat with a live agent of theirs practically all morning (so it seems). I've concluded that these charges stem from posting here on CC. Looks like I need to find a Wi-fi hot spot. Not sure if the Bahamas even has any. I'll have to "go off the grid" for a bit until I can find a Wi-fi hot spot (so I dont break the bank).

Good news; I got "Royal Up'd"! RCI accepted my bid and upgraded me from a balcony to a spacious balcony stateroom. Only cost me $60 ( $30 pp). They moved me up to deck 9 from deck 8. SWEET! Almost suite! (but not quite, lol).

Did you talk to ATT (I think you mentioned them as your carrier, maybe I'm wrong) about options for plan add ons for while you are travelling? 

BTW, you can get onto wifi at the McDonalds that is on the way to Junkanoo Beach. What about your hotel?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?  They wanted a min. of $ 250 pp when I checked it out?  How did you bid lower than their min?  If that's the case I need to redo that.  We are in same boat, but different ship...Allure.

It was always just a min of $30pp to RoyalUp to Spacious OV Bal on the ADV July sailings.  Different price values in different ships/itineraries.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

No that sounds very interesting. I will have to check my my favorite bourbon liquor store here to see if they can get it. Also if you like wheated bourbons which I think are a little sweeter. Try"Redemption Wheated Bourbon" it awesome and you can find it in most stores as it's not allocated. Best kept secret I think.

The Grass Widow is finished in Madeira casks, so also on the sweet side.  I’ll have a look for Redemption 😊

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

The Grass Widow is finished in Madeira casks, so also on the sweet side.  I’ll have a look for Redemption 😊

That’s sounds really good. I need to try it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

Try Jefferson's Ocean bourbon. They literally put casks of the bourbon on ships (and smaller vessels) and send them on sea voyages to age. I could go into more detail about Jefferson's Ocean bourbon but it would be easier if you just Google the name and go to their web site.

Have not tried it yet, but am familiar with it 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I think I posted previously about the crazy dump truck drivers here in Nassau, speeding down narrow, congested streets at 60 mph (in a 30 zone). The taxi drivers here are the same way. My taxi ride back to my hotel last night could beat any thrill ride at any amusement park. My taxi driver would also speed down these tight streets. He was approaching an intersection and the light clearly was red for us but he "went for it" and proceeded to run the red light. A car was starting to enter the intersection from our left (they had the green light) and my taxi driver's response to this? He flashed his headlights and honked his horn (as if the car with the green light was at fault!). Don't get me started on my taxi driver's tail gating. We're talking about a half an inch behind the bumper of the car in front of us. While he tail gates, he also was flashing his headlights into the car in front of us through the back window. I tell you what, the things he was doing would get him shot in the U.S. But here in Nassau, it seems to be the norm! So, if you're looking for a thrill ride, just take a taxi ride here in Nassau. I literally had my face in my hands, covering my eyes as my crazy taxi driver drove like we were in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

This was my reaction to bus drivers in Bermuda!  OMG the streets were so narrow & people would open their car doors into the path of the bus.  They say there are no amusement parks in Bermuda but those bus rides 😳😳😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

She just moved from a balcony to a spacious balcony. That’s what we got for our August sailings. The only reg balconies were guarantee rates when we booked Monday. 

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Maybe Allure is different? I just followed the directions when I got the invite (by e-mail, I think) to bid for a "Royal Up" upgrade. I can't even remember if $30 pp was the minimum. All I remember is that I could afford it because as a solo cruiser,  I get to pay double. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Love the nails!

I need a pedicure, but- whispers- I last went for one just before the COVID shutdown. I’m embarrassed to show my feet!

Just go. They have seen it all! 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

All packed except for toiletries! 

3B91BD64-6C8A-4C63-9844-54405C504B89.jpeg

So funny — my toiletries are already “packed” because I’ve been accumulating all my travel sizes early— planning on staying home most of august so I don’t have to stress about the pre cruise test.  Of course, my hubby already raided it for his current trip to Detroit, so have to make another store run 😜

• Haha 1

Getting young adults to pack and get paperwork, visa, passport etc together before we go to our pre-cruise dinner is like herding cats! Wait until I have to wake them up at 2AM tomorrow to get ready to leave…🙄

E82C5DF5-CB0F-400A-949C-BE9BC918DB76.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Guess where I am currently at? If you guessed the Tiki Bikini, you'd be spot on. No sign of the tanned, muscular female MMA fighter (whew...).

2nd correction to the proper pronunciation of the name of the local Bahamuan beer "Kalik". It's actually pronounced "Kah Lick" (emphasis on "Lick"). So, I took another "bullet" for the team, so any of you sailing with us Sat and flying into Nassau won't embarras yourself when you order your first Kalik, like I embarrassed myself at least twice. My waiter here at the Tiki Bikini set me straight (thanks Kenny). Kenny is an interesting guy; he's 6' 8" tall and plays pro basketball in the Czec Republic. Your welcome.

Cheers!

20210715_155507.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 3