Covid Positive aboard Viking Sky 7/14/22

Clay Clayton

10 hours ago, minka34 said:

(Jupiter)

-Snafu with authorities at Akureyri where they didn't let the anyone on shore, but all back to "normal" after that with port stops and activities as usual.

Any indication that Viking will reimburse(in some form) for the missed day in Akureyri?

3 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

So calm, so factual, Jim Zim is the best.  His youtube video from about 4 years ago was what persuaded us that Viking might be for us, 'no nickel and diming' has remained in my memory!!!

I didn’t realize he was on our ship?!?

4 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

So calm, so factual, Jim Zim is the best.  His youtube video from about 4 years ago was what persuaded us that Viking might be for us, 'no nickel and diming' has remained in my memory!!!

@EatSleepCruise stated that some of the crew was not fully vaccinated.  Also on the Viking website.

Our aim is to have all Viking crew vaccinated. We are doing everything we can to accelerate this process and meet that goal, and currently, the vast majority of our crew has already been vaccinated. Furthermore, our robust protocol includes frequent PCR testing of all guests and crew, making Viking even safer for all on board.

2 hours ago, JM0115 said:

Him and several other YouTubers and agents (at Viking's expense) according to the disclosure in his previous video.  So maybe more footage will appear soon on Youtube!

1 hour ago, kleibo said:

@EatSleepCruise stated that some of the crew was not fully vaccinated.  Also on the Viking website.

Our aim is to have all Viking crew vaccinated. We are doing everything we can to accelerate this process and meet that goal, and currently, the vast majority of our crew has already been vaccinated. Furthermore, our robust protocol includes frequent PCR testing of all guests and crew, making Viking even safer for all on board.

My understanding is it varies from ship to ship.   I was told on the Viking Sky that all crew had been vaccinated , several  just a few weeks before our cruise.   It may have been an Iceland Health requirement.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I didn’t either until his YouTube appeared yesterday. Hate I didn’t get to meet him. 

I agree. I like Jim.  He has a million subscribers - especially for his train videos :).

VeryFly app could not read covid card filled out at jabbing site.  I fooled around for two days.  Date 15 looked like 13 to app?

Called provider talked to Pharmacist he printed new card and it was ready for pick up before we hung up. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 12:00 PM, JM0115 said:

Saw a video a few weeks ago by him. He didn't want to announce which cruise it was to be as he was afraid of being burglarized while gone. Given his comment, I thought that it would be this week.

2 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Saw a video a few weeks ago by him. He didn't want to announce which cruise it was to be as he was afraid of being burglarized while gone. Given his comment, I thought that it would be this week.

I thought so as well as I had seen that video too.  

On 7/18/2021 at 7:43 PM, stbiehn said:

I heard on another board here that The Star is currently on it's way to Iceland.  

For your information, Viking Sky and Viking Star are here in Seydisfjordur, Iceland today (7/21/2021).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BrynMawrPA said:

For your information, Viking Sky and Viking Star are here in Seydisfjordur, Iceland today (7/21/2021).

Star was supposed to be in the Med until early October.  Something odd is afoot...  Anyone have a clue?

Just now, Donaghadee said:

Star was supposed to be in the Med until early October.  Something odd is afoot...  Anyone have a clue?

I read on a FB page that Star was there delivering a package to Sky and would be in port for two days until Jupiter showed up for a package delivery.

14 minutes ago, KarNog said:

I read on a FB page that Star was there delivering a package to Sky and would be in port for two days until Jupiter showed up for a package delivery.

Pretty expensive way to deliver a "package".  I'll bet it's a partial crew change.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Donaghadee said:

She’s doing some UK cruises in August - and I’m hoping will continue to be based here in the UK for the rest of the year!   It would be wonderful to be able to take a cruise to another country without a flight, my fingers are crossed!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Donaghadee said:

Pretty expensive way to deliver a "package".  I'll bet it's a partial crew change.

We got back from my excursion this afternoon and were relaxing in our balcony when we saw Viking Star anchoring about a mile from us. It does not appear it has any passenger on it. A tender was sent to pick up 2 big bags, 1 big and 1 small box. It all happened underneath my balcony. There were no crews transfer or change.

We have been very lucky so far. Everything including the weather and the food have been great. We are so glad to be back on a cruise ship. More importantly, we feel safe.

Two more days to go. 

• Like 6

I'll go with one of the following:

1) Items prohibited in Iceland, and they're smuggling stuff.

2) OK in Iceland, but huge tariffs apply.

3) Chemicals or compounds prohibited on aircraft, material vital to operations, sea lift required, commercial shipping too slow.

4) Had time to kill, decided to go for a joyride, blow the carbon out of Star's stacks, deliver some crew mail and the Captain's favorite booze.

Thinking #3

Edited by Donaghadee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Donaghadee said:

I'll go with one of the following:

1) Items prohibited in Iceland, and they're smuggling stuff.

2) OK in Iceland, but huge tariffs apply.

3) Chemicals or compounds prohibited on aircraft, material vital to operations, sea lift required, commercial shipping too slow.

4) Had time to kill, decided to go for a joyride, blow the carbon out of Star's stacks, deliver some crew mail and the Captain's favorite booze.

Thinking #3

Here's 5) Stocking up on wine anticipating my arrival in a few weeks.

I think #3 is probably the best bet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1