Edge question

CruisinNana

17 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Ok….I am downright confused. We are going on the Edge in August in an IV cabin. If someone is in a Deluxe Porthole Veranda does the upper half of that porthole window open? 

No, it's a regular balcony for the most part.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

Ok….I am downright confused. We are going on the Edge in August in an IV cabin. If someone is in a Deluxe Porthole Veranda does the upper half of that porthole window open? 

The upper portion stays open,the lower portion is a fixed glass semi circle railing.

Edited by kwokpot

It can be every night if you want,  realistically there isn’t really a dress up night anymore. 

I wear what is comfortable and within the dress code.  Long pants and collar shirt for men.    My collared shirts are all polo shirts.   Easy to pack and don’t wrinkle.  

Happy cruising 🤗🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

Very few dressed up last week and last week it was 3 and 6 , that was St Thomas and St Maarten.

My husband typically wears a suit and tie on these nights. Do you feel like things have changed and a full suit isn’t needed? 

54 minutes ago, tori0417 said:

My husband typically wears a suit and tie on these nights. Do you feel like things have changed and a full suit isn’t needed? 

I'll wear a long sleeve button-down shirt with dockers and my DW will usually wear something nice, but comfortable, as well. After all, that's what Celebrity suggests and we're on vacation. But everyone is different and some men enjoy wearing suits. 😎

FAQs: Dress Code & How to Dress on a Cruise | Celebrity Cruises

15 hours ago, tori0417 said:

My husband hasn't worn a jacket to dinner on any line in 15 years (RCCL, NCL, DCL, Princess or Celebrity--we have cruised Celebrity most often & most recently). 

He did bring a LS button  up shirt &  tie for quite a few years for "formal" night. 

Now he has some nice Bugatchi SS shirts & that is his Elegant Chic wear.

I mentioned in a previous post.    If you have the App on you phone you will be able to see the menus, activities etc.   If your cruise is not yet populated choose a similar sailing on the same ship.  They pretty much post everything that is in the daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tori0417 said:

If he enjoys wearing a suit and tie he doesn't mind lugging it in his suitcase then he can go ahead and continue wearing it on your cruise. If your question is on Celebrity do the majority of men wear a full suit and tie and he would feel out of place not wearing one then the answer is absolutely not. Currently on Celebrity cruises, especially those out of the Caribbean, the majority of men aren't wearing full suit and tie.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tori0417 said:

I would leave suit at home , I did wear a sports jacket first night , hardly anyone had them so I skipped it second night, times they are a changing, a few years ago I still took my tux.