Purchasing Internet Package

Syracusefan44

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

(1) No, but I should think it will be sometime after they have got more of the bugs and data issues resolved and things are going better with the first cruises under their belts.  They have to fix DMW first as that is a mess in may cases.

(2) I have no idea, but I would be surprised to see gift cards at first.  Imagine there will be hiccups when this makes an appearance - nothing else has come in smoothly with no issues.  In theory, you should be able to, but in practice, isn't it just easier to use the gift cards to pay off the balance owing at FP Date?

1. DMW?

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

These are the ones in my Personalizer (scroll down past all the wine)

Screenshot_20210724-203853_Chrome.jpg

This is current?  My cruise personalizer:

I have Princess Cellars and only shows wines, nothing beyond The Prisoner (blend).  What State are you in?

Tonna

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You don't buy bonus gift cards.  Princess runs a gift card promo every so often and when you buy a gift card of a minimum value during the promo, they automatically give you a bonus card for a smaller amount.  The most recent promo, was buy a minimum value $500 gift card and get a free bonus of extra $50. 

If you have not been aware of this, typical dates for offering a bonus are:  Valentine's Day, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Black Friday.  A 10% bonus amount is generally the best and not always offered.  It can be 5% (minimum I have seen offered).  

Thanks!  I’ll watch for this promo.

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have Princess Cellars and only shows wines, nothing beyond The Prisoner (blend).  What State are you in?

Tonna

I used to see bottles of liquor that could be ordered for cabin - like the wine.  Don't see it right now, but the wine offerings are there in my Personalizer as well.

BTW, The Prisoner is offered at $66 + Svc Chg and that is same as 2019 wine menu price.

Total Wine in FLL pricing is $46 w/tax.  Add $20 corkage and you are at $66.  However, Princess is adding 18% gratuity to their $66 price.  That's almost another $12.  IDK the vintage @ Total Wine as the website doesn't indicate.  Not likely 2016 anymore (per Princess wine menu), but Princess may still be selling old stock.

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I used to see bottles of liquor that could be ordered for cabin - like the wine.  Don't see it right now, but the wine offerings are there in my Personalizer as well.

BTW, The Prisoner is offered at $66 + Svc Chg and that is same as 2019 wine menu price.

Total Wine in FLL pricing is $46 w/tax.  Add $20 corkage and you are at $66.  However, Princess is adding 18% gratuity to their $66 price.  That's almost another $12.  IDK the vintage @ Total Wine as the website doesn't indicate.  Not likely 2016 anymore (per Princess wine menu), but Princess may still be selling old stock.

My cruise personalizer shows

The Prisoner price as $77.88 right now.

seems as though we show different 

prices?  I think my friends in the West Coast show different prices and items in wine and liquor, then we do in the East Coast.  Strange….

I just want to order a small bottle of liquor ahead of time.  

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

My cruise personalizer shows

The Prisoner price as $77.88 right now.

seems as though we show different 

prices?  I think my friends in the West Coast show different prices and items in wine and liquor, then we do in the East Coast.  Strange….

I just want to order a small bottle of liquor ahead of time.  

$66 + Svc Chg (Bar and all drinks are + 18%).  Same end price.

You could phone and ask someone.  Maybe the liquor pre-order will return.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

$66 + Svc Chg (Bar and all drinks are + 18%).  Same end price.

You could phone and ask someone.  Maybe the liquor pre-order will return.

I did.  No one knows. They said just recheck in another month, as we are updating or adding items.  I held over an hour while they checked with their supervisor.  
Interesting that some can see it under our cruise personalizer! 

Thank you for your responses, everyone.

Tonna

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Tonna

That was last night on my Majestic Princess August 15th cruise. Next time I (hope) to remember to include time & date in the screenshot 

No. I didn't order it .... I just put it all in my basket to show hard liquor options🍸

I'm in California, USA. 

ADDED: Well I tried on my December cruise from Florida but I could not get it to show date in the header just time ... you can see it was just done

Screenshot_20210725-094802_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ombud

32 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That was last night on my Majestic Princess August 15th cruise. Next time I (hope) to remember to include time & date in the screenshot 

No. I didn't order it .... I just put it all in my basket to show hard liquor options🍸

I'm in California, USA. 

ADDED: Well I tried on my December cruise from Florida but I could not get it to show date in the header just time ... you can see it was just done

Screenshot_20210725-094802_Chrome.jpg

Thank you.  It looks like you can see it on 2021 cruises, but not on 2022.  So, we’ll have to see what’s in store in a month or two online.

Stay safe!

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you.  It looks like you can see it on 2021 cruises, but not on 2022.  So, we’ll have to see what’s in store in a month or two online.

Stay safe!

Umm UMM!! It is not an option on my 4/11/22 cruise!!! Ends at Prisoner. 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:42 PM, Ombud said:

These are the ones in my Personalizer (scroll down past all the wine)

Those who, like you, still see the liquor selections need to understand that, for others, there is no "scrolling down past the wine".

While in the past I have always seen the in-cabin liquor selections, I no longer see them. I have tried with several browsers. There is no liquor selection available. It's great that some folks still see it but others simply do not have it available as an option.

I really am not trying to be rude here but, when people keep saying to "scroll down past the wine" they are full of crud. For many of us the option is gone. Totally gone. Doesn't exist.  I don't know why some see it and some don't.

I would like to suggest an experiment. I would like someone who still sees the liquor options to delete all cookies, close the browser, close all windows, reboot the computer, look again, and then report back to let us know if you still see the liquor selections. I am not saying this would "fix" things but it would give us further information regarding the issue. Personally, even though I have no intention of purchasing liquor for the room, I find it pretty annoying that some folks see the option and others (myself included) don't see it anymore.

• Like 1

Fine @Thrak. Did as you stated but with a few minor changes. I am not on a computer. I am on an android smartphone. Deleted cookies. Deleted history. Did not auto sign in.  And yes, it's still there for 2021 cruises just like I posted. And it's still missing from my 4/2022 cruise just like I stated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ombud said:

Fine @Thrak. Did as you stated but with a few minor changes. I am not on a computer. I am on an android smartphone. Deleted cookies. Deleted history. Did not auto sign in.  And yes, it's still there for 2021 cruises just like I posted. And it's still missing from my 4/2022 cruise just like I stated. 

Thank you. More puzzling than ever. Poop. Still... Many thanks for making the experiment. Not many folks would take the time to accommodate such a request. Apparently it's just "one more mystery" associated with the "amazing" Princess IT group. (I was afraid that was the explanation all along but really do thank you for making the troubleshooting effort.)

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

"one more mystery" associated with the "amazing" Princess IT group

Yes. Just as the fact that those who have a computer can select a seat online at Princess and those who do it on a Droid smartphone cannot. I have to go to the airlines mobile site and hope EZAIR has processed the fare. 

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes. Just as the fact that those who have a computer can select a seat online at Princess and those who do it on a Droid smartphone cannot. I have to go to the airlines mobile site and hope EZAIR has processed the fare. 

Not all websites are set up to be “mobile friendly”. While you may be able to access them on a mobile device some functionality is lost.  Your airline seat issue is not a mystery in this case.  The fact that people are seeing different things using “mobile” devices is because now you are comparing apples to apples.  

• Like 1

I just purchased the internet thru my Princess Vacation Planner.  It is $9.99 for one device and $19.99 a day for the four device option.  

Since we are elite we will receive 50% off in the form of an onboard credit.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I just purchased the internet thru my Princess Vacation Planner.  It is $9.99 for one device and $19.99 a day for the four device option.  

Since we are elite we will receive 50% off in the form of an onboard credit.  

This is 100% correct and exactly what is supposed to be happening right now.

• Like 1

I just called Princess to get the internet package for my cruise in a little over three weeks. I could not find an option to order it online. It now shows up on the bottom of the onboard reservations page as shown below after placing the order with the rep. I don't mind if will be refundable or not since I obviously don't have the Princess Plus, so I'll have gratuities going on my account as well as a few drinks. My goal is to have as close to a zero balance as possible at the end of the cruise. 

2021-08-22 Internet Package.jpg

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered but I can't seem to find it.  I  purchased the Medallion net WIFI for the first time, it's been 12 years since we've cruised so super excited for August 8th! What does the Medallion net allow me to do?  Can I only read emails and surf the internet or can I read and send text messages?  I'm on Verizon and I called them and was told there's no phone plan for Alaska, it's 2.99 per minute to make phone calls, .50cents to receive texts, and .05cents to send texts.  I'm so confused and don't want to rack up a huge phone bill but my husband needs to be able communicate with people during the week for work and just trying to figure out the best way to do this. OR if we just need to wait until we hit the Alaskan ports to take care of these things.   Any insight would be appreciated! 

36 minutes ago, Esjung1 said:

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered but I can't seem to find it.  I  purchased the Medallion net WIFI for the first time, it's been 12 years since we've cruised so super excited for August 8th! What does the Medallion net allow me to do?  Can I only read emails and surf the internet or can I read and send text messages?  I'm on Verizon and I called them and was told there's no phone plan for Alaska, it's 2.99 per minute to make phone calls, .50cents to receive texts, and .05cents to send texts.  I'm so confused and don't want to rack up a huge phone bill but my husband needs to be able communicate with people during the week for work and just trying to figure out the best way to do this. OR if we just need to wait until we hit the Alaskan ports to take care of these things.   Any insight would be appreciated! 

Princess has a really good explanation online of Medallion Net wifi.  See this:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/medallionnet/

I have had really good luck with the reception, except

going up the Atlantic between the Azotes and England and one area in the Soutn Pacific.  Otherwise, it was very good for emails, facetime, surfing etc.  Which is what I mainly do.  

I put my iphone on airplane mode when i travel internationally and just sign onto wifi on the ship and use it for everything.

You can’t use it to make phone calls, but you can FaceTime to stay in touch.  I did not text, but in the Princess link above, it says you can text.  
Take a look at the link.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

It allows you to do anything you can do with your phone that can be done at home by using WIFI, not using the cell phone company's cell network.

If you can make phone calls over WIFI at home and if you can send text messages over WIFI at home, then you can also do this on the ship with the Princess WIFI.

• Like 1

I think it was mentioned above, but I'm too lazy to start at the beginning. 

If one purchases a single internet package, one can still link numerous devices, correct?  It's just that only ONE device can be on the internet at any time.  I think that's what it was.  I can't believe that they would limit it to only one link for the cruise.  

So one can link a phone and a tablet, but only one device can access the internet at a time.