Passengers who have used Mixed Vaccination Protocols will not be considered to be Fully Vaccinated per RCI FAQs

47 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

If you print it off the Ontario website it also has a watermark that makes it a little more official.

Thank you for that link. It’s also a more concise version of the link provided by email.  The word Ontario appears too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, atricks said:

This highlights why the CDC should not be setting policy, only recommending.  The mixed vaccine thing is a great example of inane bureaucracy.

Totally agree.  I still haven’t read anything about their reasoning for the decision to dismiss the validity of mixed vaccines.  Other countries are also disputing the validity of the effectiveness of mixed vaccines but not giving any reason why. 
How they can declare that a person with two vaccines administered at appropriate intervals to be the same as someone with NO vaccines is beyond my level of understanding. Even a person with one one shot of vaccine has more protection than someone with NO vaccination.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

I download the file for OHIP website 

basic same info , it indicates Pfizer as second dose 

it also indicates I have had 2 valid doses

what more info would RCL need ? 

6D6F4B02-3DF2-4464-9699-46F61F227D8F.jpeg

I suppose they may want to know what you received (and when) for your first dose.

As far as the Ontario government is concerned I have 2 valid doses 

the good think I don’t have worry until January when FPD for our April TA to Amsterdam on the Apex 

and our Arctic cruise on RCL is not until Sept , so there a lot time to get thing straight out 😁 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Alberta has the same info for our vaccination paperwork, although much less official looking (a photocopied sheet filled out when we got our shot).

Was considering just using that as it also did not show our first dose, but with all the attention and policy changes we'll just cancel if we can't get a third shot, or if the cruise lines don't drop or change the requirement. Not willing to take the chance that we'll be refused boarding.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

As far as the Ontario government is concerned I have 2 valid doses 

the good think I don’t have worry until January when FPD for our April TA to Amsterdam on the Apex 

and our Arctic cruise on RCL is not until Sept , so there a lot time to get thing straight out 😁 

You're much more optimistic than me LOL 🙂.  Our cruise is Oct 24 and I have zero hope this will be fixed by then.  The back and forth will never end.  We made some headway where it was at least accepted and then a week late that was taken away.  I've already asked if I can get a refund.  The answer was no.  Hopefully that will change closer to the date if the vaccination requirements stay the same.

7 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

You're much more optimistic than me LOL 🙂.  Our cruise is Oct 24 and I have zero hope this will be fixed by then.  The back and forth will never end.  We made some headway where it was at least accepted and then a week late that was taken away.  I've already asked if I can get a refund.  The answer was no.  Hopefully that will change closer to the date if the vaccination requirements stay the same.

You need a good travel agent to fight for you 😁

our TA is on both cruises and she is AZ & Pfizer , I bet she will straight them out lol 

1 minute ago, Airbalancer said:

our TA is on both cruises and she is AZ & Pfizer , I bet she will straight them out lol 

We have a great TA who's been in the business for almost 40 years.  She keeps telling us it will change - most likely when the border opens to Canadians.  She can only do so much, she's not a Royal CEO - HA!.  She's in the US so isn't mixed herself.

I just spoke to a public health nurse at the Ottawa Public Health office. At this time, a resident cannot receive a third dose, cannot pay for a third dose, and there are questions regarding the safety of receiving a third dose. This applies to all Ontario residents. 
She suggested writing to our MP to show that we want a third shot for travel.  
There are Moderna doses becoming expired soon.  Why can’t we line up to get those? They will be thrown out if no one reserves to receive a shot. 

the nurse told me that some sort of negotiations are ongoing to settle the third dose question.  I wonder how many politicians received a mixed dose….?  And will get a third dose for travel??  We’ll never know!

I just hope this gets resolved. Will this cause problems when one tries to drive over the border, or is it just a cruise rule?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I just spoke to a public health nurse at the Ottawa Public Health office. At this time, a resident cannot receive a third dose, cannot pay for a third dose, and there are questions regarding the safety of receiving a third dose. This applies to all Ontario residents. 
There are Moderna doses becoming expired soon.  Why can’t we line up to get those? They will be thrown out if no one reserves to receive a shot. 

the nurse told me that some sort of negotiations are ongoing to settle the third dose question.  I wonder how many politicians received a mixed dose….?  And will get a third dose for travel??  We’ll never know!

I just hope this gets resolved. Will this cause problems when one tries to drive over the border, or is it just a cruise rule?

It is just a cruise thing , you can fly to the USA unvaccinated right now 

you could fly To the USA and get another vaccine if you want 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

There is nothing that any TA can do right now for a cruise departing in Oct except cancel under CWC.  Royal will look at refunds only when ship specific protocols have been released.

As far as the AZ mixed dose...we are at the mercy of the CDC and what they decide.

31 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

That is an option. I have 14 months to decide what to do. I hope others who cruise before me share their experiences with having mixed vaccines.  I shouldn’t get too excited about it yet.  Carnival actually states that they want to see both vaccine records with type and dates plus the usual information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

just hope this gets resolved. Will this cause problems when one tries to drive over the border, or is it just a cruise rule?

56 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

For now.  I do wonder if this is a factor in the decision to keep the land border closed.  It's not clear what, if any, vaccination requirements will be in place for land crossings.  If this becomes a thing that blocks several million Canadians from crossing the border, it's going to become much bigger news, very fast.  They may have decided to delay rather than trying to figure it out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mabt said:

For now.  I do wonder if this is a factor in the decision to keep the land border closed.  It's not clear what, if any, vaccination requirements will be in place for land crossings.  If this becomes a thing that blocks several million Canadians from crossing the border, it's going to become much bigger news, very fast.  They may have decided to delay rather than trying to figure it out.

I think you are right. The States has to figure out how to safely open the land borders with Canada and Mexico. But I'd say they are not delaying rather then trying to figuring it out, they are delaying to give them time to figure it out. Let's wait and see what they decide. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I was given the same information when I contacted the Ontario vaccine number, as well as ask at a few pharmacies.

I actually wrote to my MPP, Doug Ford, and Christine Elliott. I brought up the fact that Quebec is allowed a third dose so it really CAN be a provincial decision regarding the 3rd dose.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Whenever we show proof of vaccination anywhere, we are required to show documentation for both dosage instances. 

You can take a chance and bring only one with you and hope they don't ask. However, based on what I've anecdotally heard that wont work. In addition, when you are returning to Canada and showing proof of vaccination, you need to show both dosages separately. Remember the US CDC card has all doses on a single page for inspection, that's not the case here and therefore you need to show both.

Edited by DHLuCruise
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DHLuCruise said:

Whenever we show proof of vaccination anywhere, we are required to show documentation for both dosage instances. 

You can take a chance and bring only one with you and hope they don't ask. However, based on what I've anecdotally heard that wont work. In addition, when you are returning to Canada and showing proof of vaccination, you need to show both dosages separately. Remember the US CDC card has all doses on a single page for inspection, that's not the case here and therefore you need to show both.

Just wondering where in Ontario would you need to show proof of vaccinations? 

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I think you are right. The States has to figure out how to safely open the land borders with Canada and Mexico. But I'd say they are not delaying rather then trying to figuring it out, they are delaying to give them time to figure it out. Let's wait and see what they decide. 

Well, hopefully.  Is the glass half-empty, or half-full?  It's not like they didn't see this coming, so one does wonder what difference another month will make.  But I think we basically agree.  They weren't ready in July, so they stalled, and hopefully they're using the time to have a plan together for August.

Or they'll just defer again.  Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mabt said:

Well, hopefully.  Is the glass half-empty, or half-full?  It's not like they didn't see this coming, so one does wonder what difference another month will make.  But I think we basically agree.  They weren't ready in July, so they stalled, and hopefully they're using the time to have a plan together for August.

Or they'll just defer again.  Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that there are discussions being had that we aren't privy too.

The below quote is from a July 30 article from CBC News.  This mixed dose problem is just getting worse.  😡

But those with mixed doses could potentially find themselves shut out of land travel if the U.S. imposes a vaccination requirement when it reopens its side of the Canada-U.S. land border to travellers.