July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

This shows the under the head of the bed outlet from Sky Princess which was the ship built after Majestic & hopefully someone onboard can verify if Majestic is the same.

As I recall that cord was for one of the bed’s end table lamps.

EE2856D1-0151-44EF-9045-37831BC87E19.jpeg

Thanks. The Sky is next in line after Majestic for us. I am hopeful they are the same, but you never know. It probably does vary by cabin type. We have deluxe balconies on both so should be the same. We will fine either way, just don't like the cord taped to the floor routine.

• Like 1

Has it been confirmed Captain Circle Party for Platinum and Elites cancelled for now, and if so, will a drink voucher be given?

As late as January 2020, To encourage Medallion App use, Princess was comping your first drink order using App, is this still policy or just a promo that has been discontinued?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

So is Princess now doing 2 formal nights for a seven day cruise?  I thought it was always 1 and if you didn't want to go, you could just go to the buffet or order room service.

All the seven day Princess cruises we've been on have been two formal nights.

Buffet is always on option. Plus, formal dress hasn't been strictly enforced for some time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

So is Princess now doing 2 formal nights for a seven day cruise?  I thought it was always 1 and if you didn't want to go, you could just go to the buffet or order room service.

Princess has always done 2 formals on a seven day cruise and yes you are free to eat at Alfredos, or buffet or room service, poolside burgers, or IC.  But truly PCL isn't that fancy on formal nights any more.  About the only thing you'd get flagged wearing into the MDR is shorts, tanks, rubber flip flops,  and T-shirts.  A man wearing nice jeans and a collared shirt would be fine.  

Edited by RRFan
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WirelessBrains said:

How is the fitness center? Are they requiring reservations, or is it pretty much like it has always been?

Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

I was in the gym this morning. Just walk in and find your machine. It’s warm for a gym - I felt no air movement in there and my treadmill didn’t have a personal fan either 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kml246 said:

All the seven day Princess cruises we've been on have been two formal nights.

Buffet is always on option. Plus, formal dress hasn't been strictly enforced for some time.

12 minutes ago, RRFan said:

Princess has always done 2 formals on a seven day cruise and yes you are free to eat at Alfredos, or buffet or room service, poolside burgers, or IC.  But truly PCL isn't that fancy on formal nights any more.  About the only thing you'd get flagged wearing into the MDR is shorts, tanks, rubber flip flops,  and T-shirts.  A man wearing nice jeans and a collared shirt would be fine.  

Thanks for the info!  

• Like 2

If any of you who are currently onboard already knows the answer prior to dinner, if not if any of you have a set dinner time and the same dining room each night could you kindly let me know do you get to keep the same table and waiters for the whole Cruise like we always have in the past for traditional dining. Thank you so much in advance.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

If any of you who are currently on board already know the answer prior to dinner if not if any of you have a set dinner time and the same dining room each night could you kindly let me know do you get to keep the same table and waiters for the whole Cruise like we always have in the past for traditional dining. Thank you so much in advance.

One person reported being moved from Concerto to Allegro.  I presume Concerto was in DMW in the MC App.  Allegro (Deck 6 Aft) is the location of the 100% TD all night long.  Concerto would have been TD early and then change over to AT as the TD tables emptied.  Symphony (Deck 5 mid) was always 100% AT.  Club Class should be in Concerto.

So, it would be interesting to know how many people ended up with a dining assignment that matched DMW res in MC App and how many were assigned something different. 

Is anyone using DMW to dynamically book a table in one of the DR's each evening?  Does it mention a table number when doing so?

How do you find out table number?  When you boarded, was there a card in the room as before indicating DR table number?  Is the DR table number noted in the MC App in DMW when on board (nothing like that shows when making a booking in DMW off-ship)? 

Has anyone heard how the Maitre D' took DMW info and setup tables?  It sounds like no issues for the cruisers who are posting on this thread.  Thanks for all your reports and info. 

Anyone visit the MD on embarkation afternoon with DR requests?  Wondering how busy it was.

=========================

Does there appear to be anyone on board for issues with the MC App - or is that the OCEAN Team that we all would have seen on Medallion Class ships in 2019?  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

On 7 day cruises it has always been 2 formal nights.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

One person reported being moved from Concerto to Allegro.  I presume Concerto was in DMW in the MC App.  Allegro (Deck 6 Aft) is the location of the 100% TD all night long.  Concerto would have been TD early and then change over to AT as the TD tables emptied.  Symphony (Deck 5 mid) was always 100% AT.  Club Class should be in Concerto.

So, it would be interesting to know how many people ended up with a dining assignment that matched DMW res in MC App and how many were assigned something different. 

Is anyone using DMW to dynamically book a table in one of the DR's each evening?  Does it mention a table number when doing so?

How do you find out table number?  When you boarded, was there a card in the room as before indicating DR table number?  Is the DR table number noted in the MC App in DMW when on board (nothing like that shows when making a booking in DMW off-ship)? 

Has anyone heard how the Maitre D' took DMW info and setup tables?  It sounds like no issues for the cruisers who are posting on this thread.  Thanks for all your reports and info. 

Anyone visit the MD on embarkation afternoon with DR requests?  Wondering how busy it was.

=========================

Does there appear to be anyone on board for issues with the MC App - or is that the OCEAN Team that we all would have seen on Medallion Class ships in 2019?  

Thank you. Yes I saw and read that too. In the past a majority of those traditional diners with dine in the dining rooms that were midship which is concerto here at war Allegra which is that secret in the back dining room. Is there any time dining used to be symphony and the other half of concerto. 

Thanks for asking the other question which I was also curious about is how did you find out whether or not your dining room has been changed. I know I'm currently booked for concerto for the next sailing she'll be interesting to see if I'll be switched to the allegro or if I get to stay in my current one which I prefer. Doesn't matter though as they will pamper and treat me well in there and my tummy.

2 hours ago, jpearson50 said:

I would also like to know this. There are whole threads dedicated to our fears that our Vax card won't be enough at the gate. 

I was worried about that too. The Vax card was enough and I didn’t see anyone get tested. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlueFish2000 said:

For any one that read about our terrible experience with the app - we couldn't get it to work - spent hours on hold over several days - we are talking about probably 8 hours on hold! So no one could fix and then we were getting calls from our Travel Agent that they had called and said this or that wasn't done - I mean you wanted to pull your hair out!  After waiting for ever to get back on a ship I was so concerned that with being unable to upload things to them that we would have a process getting on. We were asked some health questions - our temperature wasn't even taken - it was less than 5 min and we were on the gang plank.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BlueFish2000 said:

For any one that read about our terrible experience with the app - we couldn't get it to work - spent hours on hold over several days - we are talking about probably 8 hours on hold! So no one could fix and then we were getting calls from our Travel Agent that they had called and said this or that wasn't done - I mean you wanted to pull your hair out!  After waiting for ever to get back on a ship I was so concerned that with being unable to upload things to them that we would have a process getting on. We were asked some health questions - our temperature wasn't even taken - it was less than 5 min and we were on the gang plank.

Sorry to hear about your app experience however I am thrilled you had a very smooth embarkation check in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

Is the International Cafe' "fully" open, i.e., 24 hours a day, the usual food and beverage offerings, etc.? It's my favorite spot on any Princess ship!

DH’s big disappointment was no gelato flights on deck 5, only soft serve on deck 16. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Sorry to hear about your app experience however I am thrilled you had a very smooth embarkation check in.

Yes, I know other may have problems with the app - not to worry - you will get on board and once on board the app works. And don't worry about others signing for things before and then places being booked up - not the case - you will be able to get in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2