July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

6 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Do they have the lobster rolls at the Lido grill?  (This may have been covered, but I didn't read the whole thread.  😧  Is there a way to search just this one thread?)

Someone posted the menu for what was the "Lobster Grill" which had the normal hot dogs/burgers/fries along with a upcharge Lobster Roll and some street tacos. 

Edited by jpasqu1

41 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

Dear lord, people. If Pisachio Creme Brûlée is on your menu, you GET it. It is amazing. 

An earlier post asked about the Officers list. I grabbed this today:

image.thumb.jpeg.6db169f9340d085a24dc1edef4d71c11.jpeg

I did, thank you!

38 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Do they have the lobster rolls at the Lido grill?  (This may have been covered, but I didn't read the whole thread.  😧  Is there a way to search just this one thread?)

Here you go....

Burger & Lobster Menu.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We flew in this morning and our plane landed at 9:00 AM.  After getting our luggage, we took our time getting through the airport before ordering an Uber for a ride to the pier.  Fair warning, when you order an Uber in Seattle, there are all sorts of taxes and fees added to the fare, including the airport pick up tax, but that is probably everywhere.  

Embarkation was a breeze!  They did check the vaccination cards very throughly.  We were in embarkation group A with a green lane pass and we were through check in in a matter of two minutes flat.  
they are strict about what kind of mask they want you to wear in the terminal.  They gave my DH a medical mask to switch out with the gaiter mask he had been wearing.  

Security seems to be more strict for boarding … more like getting onto a plane.  But, no real problems with that for us.  

Anyway, I think we were onboard by 11:00 AM and received a warm welcome by the crew that were lined up as we entered the ship!  Everyone was generally happy to see guests back on board!  

does security still use regular walk through metal detectors or do they use the full body scans like the airlines use?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Only Aft.  Use to be a gaming themed room, but when we were on the ship. certainly some of it looked like a Vista Lounge.  They probably removed and changed the Majong gaming tables.

yah and azbirdmom is looking to make invites for a M&G - no idea why it would have the same name - but that was what was reported.  I dunno az, maybe the officers will know if you said Club 6 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kml246 said:

Ahh, understood. 

When Princess first announced these cruises they said there would be an Alaskan-themed menu. Haven't seen that yet; perhaps when they actually get to Alaska tomorrow. 

Snocones for dessert ! ! ! ! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I read that too but there is already a Vista lounge aft on the Promenade deck.  So I'm hoping someone onboard can clarify.

If you look at the patters posted. then the Deck 6 forward bar (the usual space for Club 6) is known as the Double Down Bar

image.png.0be42cfa750a6241ff82799f71f1df26.png

On the deck plan the Noodle Bar has replaced what was Prego Pizzeria on the Royal and Regal. Has anyone tried the Noodle Bar and could comment?  

Is there any place where you can walk up and get a slice of pizza?  

What is daily and weekly cost of internet?  Can elite status get 50% off rate onboard?

Thanks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

NO chocolates with turn down. 

So sad, as I always said it was the small touches that were so lovely. However, if they would like to pop one of those Norman Love chocolates on my pillow each evening, I would be more than happy to accept that as a constellation of princess's own chocolates 🥰

9 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I remember eating the best salmon of my life on the Lido Deck at a Salmon Bake after Ketchikan.  I wanted to go back for more but didn’t want to be a glutton.  It has spoiled me for other Salmon.

My philosophy had always been " I'll probably never see this people again so I might as well be a glutton."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, dalibi said:

Are masks required at all times?  

People have said on the thread that crew members have encouraged or recommend that you wear a mask but you must definitely do not have to. And there are signs in the elevator that says the capacity should be no more than six people but on the current sailing they have said it hasn't been an issue considering it is a decreased capacity onboard. They said also that they suggest you wear a mask in the elevator especially when traveling with other people in it that are not in your party but nothing is really been enforced on that and most people have not been putting it on in the elevator.

3 hours ago, rawtravel said:

What is daily and weekly cost of internet?  Can elite status get 50% off rate onboard?

There is no longer voyage-length internet pricing.  Not to say it will never return, but Princess has gone to strictly daily pricing times # days of voyage. 

PRE-CRUISE

1 device        = $10/day

4 devices      = $20/day

ON BOARD

1 device        = $15/day

4 devices      = $25/day

Individual single day internet on-board = $20/day.

If you are Platinum or higher in Captain's Circle, then you get 50% off the above pricing.

If ordering pre-cruise, you pay the full price and receive an on-board refundable credit to your account.

Eventually, the pre-order capability will be added to MC App.  Until then, you phone Princess to order.

When added to MC App, guests will be charged the net difference after discount - if eligible.

ETA:  I would be interested to know if anyone ordered internet on board, did they use the higher pricing above, or did they use the $10/day rate - perhaps because people could not pre-order online and may not have known or thought to phone in.  Kind of like a be-nice-to-the-guest move.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There is no longer voyage-length internet pricing.  Not to say it will never return, but Princess has gone to strictly daily pricing times # days of voyage. 

PRE-CRUISE

1 device        = $10/day

4 devices      = $20/day

ON BOARD

1 device        = $15/day

4 devices      = $25/day

Individual single day internet on-board = $20/day.

If you are Platinum or higher in Captain's Circle, then you get 50% off the above pricing.

If ordering pre-cruise, you pay the full price and receive an on-board refundable credit to your account.

Eventually, the pre-order capability will be added to MC App.  Until then, you phone Princess to order.

When added to MC App, guests will be charged the net difference after discount - if eligible.

ETA:  I would be interested to know if anyone ordered internet on board, did they use the higher pricing above, or did they use the $10/day rate - perhaps because people could not pre-order online and may not have known or thought to phone in.  Kind of like a be-nice-to-the-guest move.

Ugh!!! Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be phoning princess today. 

Edited by Jeter02

As we all are sad and about the prime rib not making its debut yet (there's still time). I would be very curious to know during formal night do they have escargot ? That's my absolute favorite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has already been answered but this is a very long thread. Cruise Raider said they moved from the Concerto to the Allegro DR.Were you in Traditional Dining? Did the MedallionClass app show you as Concerto and once you boarded they moved you to Allegro? We requested Traditional Dining, Late Seating, Table for 2 back before the App started being used. It shows us as 7:20 PM Seating, Table for 2. Wondering if we will at some point be moved to the Allegro which has always been Early/Late seating for Traditional diners.

Thanks

• Like 1