July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

1 hour ago, Denali2003 said:

What is a Sharp Box?

Did Princess do any rapid Covid testing of passengers prior to boarding?  Will they be doing any random testing?

image.jpeg.772107da3720fe3b79a040455e7d00a4.jpeg

A sharps box is for disposing of needles for those who need to inject medicines

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SeaTacMike said:

Once again thank you all for the priceless information you're sharing with us during your vacation.
It's no big secret that there were awful issues "pre cruise" with the Medallion App.  That being said, maybe by Monday night, could someone post about their experience with the app while on board?  Is everything working well?  Thanks!  Also, I would still love to see a speed test screen cap for the onboard wifi please.  Again thank you have an incredible adventure!  We are on the last Majestic Alaskan cruise of this season, Sept. 26th.

We aren’t looking great this morning. Picture updates are pretty slow. 

FC2F780F-105B-409B-A29C-6050403BDA89.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We just returned from breakfast in the MDR and you just walk right up to be seated.  They are even asking if you would like to share a table with others that you may not know.  It was packed for breakfast and the food was outstanding!  

Which MDR is breakfast in? We love to have breakfast in the MDR, we don't particularly care for the buffet. 

30 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We just returned from breakfast in the MDR and you just walk right up to be seated.  They are even asking if you would like to share a table with others that you may not know.  It was packed for breakfast and the food was outstanding!  

Fantastic!!!! Thank you so very much! I'm usually the first one to arrive for breakfast as I'm an early riser. Can't wait to be fed like a queen next week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

A couple more observations … there are 2 USB cable outlet above the nightstand on one side of the bed.  
There seem to be enough outlets seeing that you don’t need one to charge your devices.  
We are in an aft facing deluxe balcony (OMG, it’s wonderful) but the room steward has made note that some people have complained about soot on the balcony.  There is even a mat down by the door because the carpet was getting dirty with people bringing it back into the room with them.  It’s clean under the mat right now.  I think they want to keep it that way.  

also, there are signs by and inside the elevators asking people to mask up inside and not to fill with more than six people.  Nobody is really adhering to those suggestions, though!  

Lucky you! Please enjoy that asked balcony I love watching the tread of the water of the ship moves along it's like a peaceful relaxing view.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!

From Seattle, you are having to sail outside of the Inside Passage,  I assume that is where there were some high winds and high seas?

Maybe they have had supply issues on their Prime Rib, with the restart.

Cant imagine that they would want to take that away!

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Thanks for sharing. If you happen to go to guest services can you ask if printed patters will be available after they go paperless.  I'm sailing on the Grand in Sept. and am absorbing all the information. I am not using the APP so am interested in how boarding went to check in at the pier. If an phone is required to view the dining room menu I suppose they will have some regular printed ones. 

Thanks again for sharing.

They are already paperless by default, but your steward asks what you prefer. The new printed Patter is very nice and compact - no pages of sales ads!

0A4B99B7-1F52-4812-B7AA-33318CBB71AC.jpeg

C042505C-2B8C-4338-92F6-67BB364262C2.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks everyone!

From Seattle, you are having to sail outside of the Inside Passage,  I assume that is where there were some high winds and high seas?

The east side of Vancouver island is too narrow for cruise ships.  You are following the standard route.

Image1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jpearson50 said:

Isn't the wifi supposed to be streaming? 

For much of the world, yes. but heading north you run into problems due to the angle of the satellites.

It will get worse the farther north you go.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks everyone!

Going north the first day is always at sea the return is through the inside passage

We'd be interested in opinions of the production shows at night. In the past, some are good, others not so. We want to see the comedian that was on last night, so we changed our dinner reservation. Not so sure about the show for tonight. 

Thanks, and hope you are having a great time.

21 minutes ago, ChangeOrder said:

We aren’t looking great this morning. Picture updates are pretty slow. 

FC2F780F-105B-409B-A29C-6050403BDA89.jpeg

On a Princess video they showed various satellite connections and how it varies with Latitude. Northern locations have problems. 

Thank you to all the Majestic guests who are posting here for us all to see. So wonderful to get an idea of how things are. Especially appreciate the Patters! As a Zumba fan, I am so excited to see it listed!!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks everyone!

When @ChangeOrderreported the high winds they were in the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turk1 said:

Cruise Raider,

You said they moved you from the Concerto to the Allegro DR. Are you in Traditional Dining? Did the MedallionClass app show you as Concerto and once you boarded they moved you to Allegro?

We would like to know about this to, we had originally booked Traditional Dining before the DMW app came out.  There are 4 of us traveling together, but would like  to have 2 or more dine with us.  We are as of right now booked in the  Concerto as of the Medallionclass app, but would like the Allegro DR. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

That's great news for us! We love to just walk up and ask to share a table! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

A couple more observations … there are 2 USB cable outlet above the nightstand on one side of the bed.  
There seem to be enough outlets seeing that you don’t need one to charge your devices.  
We are in an aft facing deluxe balcony (OMG, it’s wonderful) but the room steward has made note that some people have complained about soot on the balcony.  There is even a mat down by the door because the carpet was getting dirty with people bringing it back into the room with them.  It’s clean under the mat right now.  I think they want to keep it that way.  

also, there are signs by and inside the elevators asking people to mask up inside and not to fill with more than six people.  Nobody is really adhering to those suggestions, though!  

Is there an outlet under the head of the bed? US or EU? For our CPAPS, Thanks