Perfect Day vs. 8-Night'er vs. New Ship

First off, I haven't sailed any ships in the Oasis class.

I am looking at the following three cruises:

Allure (8 nights): Sea Day, Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, 2 Sea days

and

Oasis (7 nights): Perfect Day at CocoCay, Sea Day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 2 Sea days

and

Symphony (7 nights): Sea day, Labadee, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Sea day, Perfect Day at CocoCay

Note: We have only been to St. Thomas of all these port stops.

Is CocoCay worth it vs an 8 night'er? Is an 8-night'er worth it over a brand new ship?  We wouldn't be participating in the waterpark, etc  only the free options.

Any opinions all three options are welcomed!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options... 
Since you have been to St. Thomas but none of the other ports, I would do a little research of the other ports and decide what you like best.

Since you wouldn't be interested in the water park, is there anything at CocoCay that you would be interested in? If not, there is really no need, at least for this cruise, to go to CocoCay

Personally, I prefer a longer cruise, even if it is just one extra day!! 

• Like 3

It would be good to know when these sailing will take place as I would have to consider what covid protocol might be.  For example I would choose the itinerary that goes to the two private islands only because there would be less portocal and you wouldn't have to worry about booking ship excursions it that would be part of the protocol. 

On a good day I would always go with the longer cruise and that also would be the best itinerary for me since I have never been to St Kitts or Puerto Plata.  I always book itinerary and price. The ship never matters to me. Also I have never been on an Oasis class ship so they would all be new to me anyway.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

Talking ships alone...the Allure would be my last choice. The Symphony is the newest out of all three and has many improvements over the Allure. The Oasis went through a MAJOR revitalization with many improvements  just prior to everything shutting down and brought it pretty much up to date with Symphony. So I would do my homework looking at the ships before the itinerary and then make your decision.

• Like 2

Having done all, I would pick Symphony hands down. The itinerary is the best of the three (Labadee and Cococay 😍). 

Allure has a good itinerary, but both Oasis and Allure have very dated cabins (not touched during Oasis refurb) while all around Symphony has a very fresh and modern feel. Also, you would have an OV for about the price of an inside on Symphony. Win win. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Dates are in Feb 2022 for all three.

Prices are, including grats, for two people:

Oasis $2300 CDN (Interior 4V)

Symphony $2600 CDN (OV Guarantee)

Allure $2700 CDN (Interior 4V)

I don't like the Oasis itinerary plus I would hope that conditions would be better by Feb  and there is only $100 difference between a OV Guarantee and an interior 4v so I would book the 8 night Allure.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I've done Oasis and Symphony and we're booked on Allure next September. Your first Oasis class ship will always have that WOW factor, there's nothing like it. I generally always choose my cruises based on itinerary and price and not the ship.  That being said, we love St Maarten,  St Thomas (St. John) & CoCo Cay.  Really great inexpensive beach days but also have options to do so much more.  Puerto Plata was not my favourite as a land vacation (strictly from a beach perspective), I can't speak to it as a cruise port.  St. Kitts and Labadee for so so for us. 

If it was me, I'd probably choose Oasis and use the difference towards dining and beverage packages, escape room, etc. 🙂 

• Like 2

My selection 

1.  Symphony...nice ship and nice itinerary.  Lots of fun free stuff to do at cococay.  

2. Allure...like 8 days better than 7, like the itinerary, love st kitts we have a great beach we go to

3.  Oasis..nice ship, we love st Maarten especially the french side.

26 minutes ago, poocher said:

There are many on this forum that will tell you I think ABBA is glorified elevator music 🎶 😁

General consensus is it's the best of the Broadway musicals offered. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Dates are in Feb 2022 for all three.

Prices are, including grats, for two people:

Oasis $2300 CDN (Interior 4V)

Symphony $2600 CDN (OV Guarantee)

Allure $2700 CDN (Interior 4V)

We have sailed all three, Symphony OV would be my choice.  One thing that is a FYI, there is almost nowhere on the ship that has a ocean view other than a OV and above cabin and on decks 15 - 18. Be sure to make all your show reservation as soon as they open in the cruise planner.  Great no charge breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Being set in an earlier time period doesn’t make a show dated.  If that were the case, what would you call Hamilton???  IMHO the show is contrived just to showcase what I feel is music that was bad when it came out and has not aged well.  I don’t really like any of the floating musicals.  I think RCCL could do better. But just MHO and one that is not widely shared here.

FWIW I am on Harmony so stuck with Grease.  They won’t need to save me a seat.😉

Edited by poocher
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

First off, I haven't sailed any ships in the Oasis class.

I am looking at the following three cruises:

Allure (8 nights): Sea Day, Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, 2 Sea days

and

8 days over Coco Cay all day every day. If you're not doing anything special in Coco Cay then it's just another beach day.

• Like 4

Given the OP hasn't done Oasis class yet, I'd recommend the 8-nighter Allure. She's still a beautiful ship despite being slightly dated. And it's an additional day/night at sea.

I'm also not a fan of the "enclosed" CocoCay or Labadee destinations.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, poocher said:

Being set in an earlier time period doesn’t make a show dated.  If that were the case, what would you call Hamilton???  IMHO the show is contrived just to showcase what I feel is music that was bad when it came out and has not aged well.  I don’t really like any of the floating musicals.  I think RCCL could do better. But just MHO and one that is not widely shared here.

FWIW I am on Harmony so stuck with Grease.  They won’t need to save me a seat.😉

Sadly no one cares. It's just about singing along and having fun. Theater is always packed.

Heck, some folks like CATS