Perfect Day vs. 8-Night'er vs. New Ship

21 minutes ago, poocher said:

Yeah we don’t go to those shows.  We do like comedians and such. And music venues can be good.  I am looking forward to Jazz on 4 on Harmony.  But the singing & dancing shows are a hard no for me.

Ditto here.  

Years ago one of the funniest shows we ever saw was a comedian who just talked to people in the audience, did not curse, asked simple questions.   His name was Pete Barbutti, a regular on Carson.  I always thought, what talent, his act was changed with each audience.

Eddie

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We have never been to CocoCay and wouldn't be interested in that, but we live on an island in Georgia near the beach.

We love St. Thomas and St. John.   St. Maarten is OK, but it seemed too commercial to us.  We prefer islands like Antigua, Barbados, Grenada and St. Lucia.

Never been to Puerto Rico, think that might be nice.

Our March cruise goes to Antigua. Would love ideas!

On 7/18/2021 at 9:48 AM, LilBlackDress said:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options... 
Since you have been to St. Thomas but none of the other ports, I would do a little research of the other ports and decide what you like best.

Since you wouldn't be interested in the water park, is there anything at CocoCay that you would be interested in? If not, there is really no need, at least for this cruise, to go to CocoCay

Personally, I prefer a longer cruise, even if it is just one extra day!! 

Haven't done a Cruise less then 10nites in 20yrs. That said my Kids/Grands will take any Cruise to get to Coco Cay! And they Love Oasis Class. Me, not interested and would take extra Day(s) though have enjoyed my Beach/Water stops at Coco Cay over last 25yrs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Ok so two people like Cats.  I was referring to John.

I'm surprised John doesn't get an alert every time Cats is mentioned on CC...then again maybe he does.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Big_G said:

I'm surprised John doesn't get an alert every time Cats is mentioned on CC...then again maybe he does.

Maybe he forgot about Cats during the pandemic?  

Seriously, that's the only excuse that makes any sense for why he hasn't popped by yet to defend his favorite felines!  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, poocher said:

Our March cruise goes to Antigua. Would love ideas!

Antigua was the home of the British Caribbean fleet in the past and has Nelson't Dockyard, which is a great place to visit.  Also, there are some very scenic places on the island.  

On 7/18/2021 at 8:51 PM, poocher said:

There are many on this forum that will tell you I think ABBA is glorified elevator music 🎶 😁

Would you be one of those people? Everyone has their own taste when it comes to music. What anyone else thinks matters little to none.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:48 PM, Nado44 said:

Given the OP hasn't done Oasis class yet, I'd recommend the 8-nighter Allure. She's still a beautiful ship despite being slightly dated. And it's an additional day/night at sea.

I'm also not a fan of the "enclosed" CocoCay or Labadee destinations.

Exactly this. I love eight nighters and try my best to avoid the private stops. Allure is still an awesome ship even if not the newest.

22 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I saw Cats on Broadway many years ago. I didn't like it then and I'm sure a cruise ship rendition can't be any better.  Actually all Oasis class shows are just payed out at this point. Thankfully I don't have any desire to sail that class of ship.  I would rather the cruise line came up with their own performances instead of the over licenced over played Broadway productions.

The shows in the Aqua Theater are awesome.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

A concentration camp realism experience will wake him up. 

Wow, that was uncalled for.  I drag him around Disney, usually in the heat of September.  As he would point out, I have those shows memorized we’ve seen them so many times (one wore blue and one wore gray).  It’s cool and dark inside and the shows are lengthy.  Please do not lay your attitudes/politics on us.  This has NOTHING to do with patriotism.

BTW we have been to the National Holocaust Museum. Have you?  Might give you insight into the insidious nature of a narcissistic personality.

Edited by poocher

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The shows in the Aqua Theater are awesome.

IMO Cats a bad show- I also saw on Bway and wanted to walk out-but my DH said stay.  We will be on a back to back Oasis cruise this winter.  However we will skip cats.  We enjoy all of the other shows- aqua, ice, specials etc.  but Not Cats.  Please RC get another show.  We enjoyed Mama Mia, Hairspray, Chicago, and Grease-- not Cats.  Bring back Hairspray or consider another option.

21 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Is there a lot to do in St. Kitts?  

A cab driver persuaded us to go over to a bar on a beach called Shipwrecks.  Nice quiet place, seemed off the path (yeah, the ride over was a leap of faith).  Decent bar food, good prices, free beach chairs (showing some wear and tear, so make sure to bring a towel).  Beach was narrow and a bit steep but it made for a good quiet day.  Cabs easy to get for the return.  I think it's on a lot of the trip review sites.

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Maybe he forgot about Cats during the pandemic?  

Seriously, that's the only excuse that makes any sense for why he hasn't popped by yet to defend his favorite felines!  

There is most definitely a valid reason

14 minutes ago, poocher said:

I would love to see Chicago!

Honestly, the only of the Oasis Class Broadway productions we walked out of. It was on Allure

Luckily we were in the back of theater and didn't bother anyone

Edited by CSHS1979

Everyone is different and I'm biased to Mamma Mia as I've seen it 25 times between Toronto, NY, around Buffalo, and one time on Allure...but to me, it's just a fun upbeat show.  I quite enjoyed Hairspray as well on Symphony.  Have yet to see Cats on Oasis but will definitely go when on the ship.  Personal thought, but Chicago isn't quite as much of a family show (even though I know it was on Allure for a few years), so not the best choice.

From the choices, I'd pick 7 night Symphony just for the ship alone, plus 2 private islands is nice, but don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Edited by LuCruise

Funny people don’t see how inappropriate Grease is.  Think about it. Sandy learns she has to dress and act like a slut to get her man. Rizzo sings that at least when she flirts, she puts out too. And the show ends (at least the original did) with her wanting to go to the store because, thank God, she got her period!  Not sure a show gets more inappropriate than that!!  I so love discussing musicals!!

18 minutes ago, poocher said:

Funny people don’t see how inappropriate Grease is.  Think about it. Sandy learns she has to dress and act like a slut to get her man. Rizzo sings that at least when she flirts, she puts out too. And the show ends (at least the original did) with her wanting to go to the store because, thank God, she got her period!  Not sure a show gets more inappropriate than that!!  I so love discussing musicals!!

You left out Greased Lightning