Perfect Day vs. 8-Night'er vs. New Ship

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Sadly no one cares. It's just about singing along and having fun. Theater is always packed.

Heck, some folks like CATS

There is only one person who likes Cats and we all know who he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

First off, I haven't sailed any ships in the Oasis class.

I am looking at the following three cruises:

Allure (8 nights): Sea Day, Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, 2 Sea days

and

Oasis (7 nights): Perfect Day at CocoCay, Sea Day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 2 Sea days

and

Symphony (7 nights): Sea day, Labadee, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Sea day, Perfect Day at CocoCay

Note: We have only been to St. Thomas of all these port stops.

Is CocoCay worth it vs an 8 night'er? Is an 8-night'er worth it over a brand new ship?  We wouldn't be participating in the waterpark, etc  only the free options.

Any opinions all three options are welcomed!

I know it is not listed as any of your 3 choices, but have you considered sailing on the Odyssey?  You would get all 3 things you listed - it does an 8 night itinerary, it is THE brand new ship (newer than Symphony), and it goes to Coco Cay.  Why not check off all 3 of your options with one cruise?

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have sailed all three, Symphony OV would be my choice.  One thing that is a FYI, there is almost nowhere on the ship that has a ocean view other than a OV and above cabin and on decks 15 - 18. Be sure to make all your show reservation as soon as they open in the cruise planner.  Great no charge breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Right now the Shows and Entertainment are not in the Cruise Planner. You book them once you get on the ship
I am not sure how long it will be this way... Everything is trial, error and growing pains. 

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Wow I really thought it was just me!  Nice to know someone else has taste!! 😄😄

I saw Cats on Broadway many years ago. I didn't like it then and I'm sure a cruise ship rendition can't be any better.  Actually all Oasis class shows are just payed out at this point. Thankfully I don't have any desire to sail that class of ship.  I would rather the cruise line came up with their own performances instead of the over licenced over played Broadway productions.

• Like 1

Okay let's throw Harmony into the equation since it has Grease as it's show. 

Itinerary: 2 sea days, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, sea day, Perfect Day at CocoCay

Interior (they pick the cabin)

$2,382.98 including grats

Dates: February (price above) and April (similar price)

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I saw Cats on Broadway many years ago. I didn't like it then and I'm sure a cruise ship rendition can't be any better.  Actually all Oasis class shows are just payed out at this point. Thankfully I don't have any desire to sail that class of ship.  I would rather the cruise line came up with their own performances instead of the over licenced over played Broadway productions.

I totally agree, except for the not liking Cats part.  They have the blandest most over done shows ever. But I don’t cruise to see Broadway. That’s what Broadway is for.  For those that enjoy them, enjoy!!!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Okay let's throw Harmony into the equation since it has Grease as it's show. 

Itinerary: 2 sea days, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, sea day, Perfect Day at CocoCay

Interior (they pick the cabin)

$2,382.98 including grats

Dates: February (price above) and April (similar price)

Do you want to leave out of Pt Canaveral vs South Florida?

Harmony is my least favorite of the Oasis class. Only sail it due to proximity of home

St Kitts has the only railroad in the Caribbean,  a great Fort with awesome views, good beaches, an island next door to visit (Nevis), The Amazing Grace Experience,  a volcano to climb,  and lots more.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Allure (8 nights): Sea Day, Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, 2 Sea days

and

Oasis (7 nights): Perfect Day at CocoCay, Sea Day, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 2 Sea days

and

Symphony (7 nights): Sea day, Labadee, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Sea day, Perfect Day at CocoCay

Is CocoCay worth it vs an 8 night'er? Is an 8-night'er worth it over a brand new ship?  We wouldn't be participating in the waterpark, etc  only the free options.

It really depends on your interests. For me I like a mix of beach sitting, sight seeing, and some local cuisine on my port days. 

With Cococay and Labadee you essentially get just a beach day. Also there are a ton of itineraries that go to them. 

For me Allure has the best itinerary as it goes to more out of the way places that have more options in things to do. 

The ships have some differences but unless there is something that is very important to you that one has versus another it wouldn't matter to me. They're all roughly the same. 

With 2 sea days any of them have more than enough to keep you quite occupied. 

17 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Just me but I don’t see anything special about Coco Cay that would make me go out of the way to pick that cruise. 

Knowing how many people love going there, there is a pure joy seeing your fellow passengers come back from a day there.  We too don't do anything special there other than lounge and drink.  But the people watching is fantastic!

On 7/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

and

and

We have never been to CocoCay and wouldn't be interested in that, but we live on an island in Georgia near the beach.

We love St. Thomas and St. John.   St. Maarten is OK, but it seemed too commercial to us.  We prefer islands like Antigua, Barbados, Grenada and St. Lucia.

Never been to Puerto Rico, think that might be nice.

I would definately pick either the Oasis or the Allure.  Not a fan of PR.  Never get off the ship.  The ships typically come in late and stay late.  Other two itineraries much better option.  While we enjoy cococay- the extra day on the cruise is a great option.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, poocher said:

IMHO the show is contrived just to showcase what I feel is music that was bad when it came out and has not aged well.  I don’t really like any of the floating musicals.  I think RCCL could do better. They won’t need to save me a seat.

Quit holding back pooch, tell us how you really feel.  

If you feel this way about the Major shows, how do you feel about the shows on the smaller ships with B or C showstoppers being “showcased”

DW and I learned our lesson to stand in the back for the opening in case we needed to make an exit.  One show long ago we sat in the middle of the theater and felt so badly for the act as at least half of the audience up and left, so we stayed to be nice.  

Eddie

• Haha 1

Yeah we don’t go to those shows.  We do like comedians and such. And music venues can be good.  I am looking forward to Jazz on 4 on Harmony.  But the singing & dancing shows are a hard no for me.